corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lee Hughes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lee Hughes
Nath

User status: Offline
28th Aug 07 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's sick that this man gets a second bite at the cherry.

He doesn't deserve it.

If only this country wasn't so lame when it comes to punishment.
Hammer

28th Aug 07 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, although by the looks of him he looks like a quivering wreck of a man i'd be amazed if he does anything at any decent level.

I heardhe starts with a suspension after being sent off in his last game for the prison team, fucking
Danny P

28th Aug 07 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to disagree.

Bloke has served his time, and is now free to pick up his career as is any other person released from prison.
Hammer

28th Aug 07 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Naths point is he shouldn't have the opportunity to have 2 chances, 3 years for killing a man whilst driving drunk is a sham and my thoughts go to the guys family having to watch him come out of prison and walk right back into professional football.
Danny P

28th Aug 07 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I agree the sentence was a joke, but thats not his fault, nor is Oldham wanting to employ him, he needs to work to earn money, and, in reality, thats all he is doing.

[Edited on 28-08-2007 by Danny P]
Nath

28th Aug 07 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I think Naths point is he shouldn't have the opportunity to have 2 chances, 3 years for killing a man whilst driving drunk is a sham and my thoughts go to the guys family having to watch him come out of prison and walk right back into professional football.

Exactly that.

The amount of media attention he's getting must be heart breaking for the family of his victims.

No doubt he's on a nice wage too.

He can give it all that, 'I'll have to live what what i've done forever' bollocks all he wants. He is scum for doing what he did.
Nath

28th Aug 07 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also the Oldham fans singing this is wrong:

"Lee Hughes wherever you may be
They don't like you in Coventry
But we dont care
you've done your time
out on parole wearing number 9"

Jill
Premium Member

29th Aug 07 at 07:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Bloke has served his time, and is now free to pick up his career as is any other person released from prison.

Not really, he served 3 out of 6 years. And do you ever really "serve the appropriate amount of time" for killing someone else?

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
No doubt he's on a nice wage too.

£160k PA apparently.

I personally think it's disgraceful that he's allowed back as a professional footballer. Fair enough in the Telegraph article found here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/08/29/sfnold129.xml
he states "If I'd been a plumber, then I'd go back to plumbing" and he wants to go back into football. But surely he should have an ounce of dacorum and respect for the victims family And him wanting to go round to schools and speak about what happened to him to try and prevent kids doing the same OMG that's just send the message that "it's ok if you kill someone cos you'll only serve a bit of your sentence and land on your feet again anyway, so go right ahead and jump in that car"

Just MY opinion though

JILL
DR11
Banned

29th Aug 07 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whos this bloke?
DR11
Banned

29th Aug 07 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or should I say Hughes this bloke?
Hammer

29th Aug 07 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Hughes
Jamie

29th Aug 07 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope he gets whats coming to him

Scum.
Marc

29th Aug 07 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think hes served his time and now he wants to rebuild his life, he killed somebody by wreckless driving, not by being an evil bastard. He was wrong to flee the scene. At the same time hes lost 3 years of his life, missed 3 years of seeing his children grow up and lost his place at the top level of football. You could tell in the press conference that he was nervous and had no ego.

Hes now 31 and playing down in what is effectively the Third Division, its not like hes walked back in to a cushy little number in the Premiership earning around 20k a week. He says hes going to do community work, hopefully he'll be a bit charitiable as well.

He killed someone by his actions and it just so happened his profession was as a footballer, anyone on here would want to return to the career they had. Hes already missed the best years of his career.
R16AN H

29th Aug 07 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fact that he left the bloke for dead is enough for me to say that he should have served the full six years,plus the fact he left 3 of my mates in the car when he crashed it.he got away with being breatherlized(sp) and checked for drugs BOTH of which he would have failed on. 3 years on and he'sd killed one bloke,the widow died not long afterwards and a third man is stuggling to walk.bloke is a complete arshole if you ask me.
Russ

29th Aug 07 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes got a job, better than most ex cons
richard_cooper

29th Aug 07 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the time he served is a joke

But he has served it and is free to do as he wants, i dont think he should be allowed to play football again.

I think he is going to get plenty of stick from fans
Danny P

29th Aug 07 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I think hes served his time and now he wants to rebuild his life, he killed somebody by wreckless driving, not by being an evil bastard. He was wrong to flee the scene. At the same time hes lost 3 years of his life, missed 3 years of seeing his children grow up and lost his place at the top level of football. You could tell in the press conference that he was nervous and had no ego.

Hes now 31 and playing down in what is effectively the Third Division, its not like hes walked back in to a cushy little number in the Premiership earning around 20k a week. He says hes going to do community work, hopefully he'll be a bit charitiable as well.

He killed someone by his actions and it just so happened his profession was as a footballer, anyone on here would want to return to the career they had. Hes already missed the best years of his career.

100% agree with everything said in that post
nik

29th Aug 07 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with Marc's post. Nobody agrees with the time he served but the bloke's got to move on with his life and work.
strick206

29th Aug 07 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree, the sentance he got was shocking

but he has served his sentance

3 years in prison, and 3 years on licence

but he's right, he's going back doing the job he did before hand,
JM Curdy

29th Aug 07 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Russ

29th Aug 07 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at least he dont play for tesco anymore eh

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lee Hughes 23 database queries in 0.0101540 seconds