corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speeding Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speeding Help
mikenoncorsa

User status: Offline
18th Aug 07 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys, Just after a little more info please. My dad got caught speeding a couple of days ago by an unmarked car. After being pulled over and being told off by the officer he was told what speed he was doing and given a ticket. However he wasn't shown proof of the speeding, i.e, he wasb't sat in the car and all the talking was done on the side of the road next to my dad's bike. Can he contest this ticket as he doesn't think he was speeding?? Any help is much appreciated, cheers Mike
Dan295

18th Aug 07 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm as far as im concerned, in an unmarked vehicle the cars computer follows you and works out your average speed, thats logged and your done for speeding i think
Gaz

18th Aug 07 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

simpe answer = dont speed
silent_thunder89

18th Aug 07 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

real helpful to the guy there gaz
mikenoncorsa

18th Aug 07 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
simpe answer = dont speed

I no, but its not always that easy!!
Gaz

18th Aug 07 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not being funny here but yes we al speed but if you cannot face the penelty, then dont do the fucking crime.

Im sick to death of people who want a sympathy vote because a copper made a mistake or didnt show something.

Grow up, paythe fine and points or whtever he got and deal with it, we have all had to in the past
Ben G

18th Aug 07 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm with gaz, i hate the fact people who commit murder can get all charges dropped against them because of a ''technicality''.

it's pathetic..

if you speed, you run the risk of being caught, that's why people do speed, it's all the adrenalin pumping inside you but you have to learn to control that or at least realise that tere is a time and a place to speed.

i've sped today, down a long stretch of road all on my own, no risk to anyone but myself, but then i get out and realise i was stupid and naive as i could've potentially wrote off a 10k car.

if you father believes from the bottom of his heart he was not speeding or even going over the speed limit according to his speedometer then yes he should contest it, but if he is just trying to get off because of a tecnicality then i wouldn't bother, face up to it and take it like a man.

[Edited on 18-08-2007 by Ben G]
mikenoncorsa

18th Aug 07 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didn't realise he was speeding and wasn't intentionally doing so, he's had bikes for 41 years and never been done speeding before! I'm looking for sympathy Gaz, if he was speeding he would have held his hands up and accepted it.
Gaz

18th Aug 07 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the eyes of the law, he was speeding weather or not he ralised it is not the factor.

thats why when you learn to drive they basically tell you to look eerywhere ele bar the road
Mirrors,speedo and pedestrians

I speed all the time, it a bad habbit but i know that i will just ace the penelty, i dont know im speeding sometimes because itfeels natuaral - and with that i feel if you dad was not feeling like he was speeding, he must do it alot
Andrew

18th Aug 07 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done it where i've been day dreaming and thought shit i've just got through that camera. Then realised i had slowed down for it without even thinking about it

I try to drive sensibly now as i know i need my licence.
mikenoncorsa

18th Aug 07 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i'm not gonna argue with you Gaz as can't be arsed. It must be a natural thing he does (speeding) and i guess he's just been lucky for 41 years that he's never been caught. Thanks for the info guys.
Andrew

18th Aug 07 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just luck! Like me, i've had 3 punchers in a month and never had one in the past 6 years of driving
Gaz

18th Aug 07 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not arguing, im just trying to state facts.

the end ofthe day he was caught, they dontstop people for speeding if they cannot prove it. They would have done a stop-check in that case.

If he wants to contest it tell him to write in and see what thy say, they 9/10 times will have very good evidence
mikenoncorsa

18th Aug 07 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just spoke to him again and found out the unmarked car was a couple of cars back sso would they be able to clock him? Once he realised it was a police car he slowed down and wasn't speeding when they were directly behind him.
Gaz

18th Aug 07 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they coud have been following from down other roads?

tell him to contest it an ask for the evidence, if youboth fee they isnt enough or good evidence, then take it to court
mikenoncorsa

18th Aug 07 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess so, cheers Gaz. TBH it is his own fault but i'm just trying to help him out
chris-sri

18th Aug 07 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's an unmarked car it will be Road Policing Unit Officers and the car will either be equipped with VASCAR or have cameras in it. Either way unfortunately for your dad it's compelling evidence.
timrud_

18th Aug 07 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to contest it, use our fabulous Magistrates court system.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Aug 07 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian will no doubt bollock me for saying this, but he done the crime, he should do the time, dont understand why people are always trying to get out of stuff
timrud_

18th Aug 07 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its human nature.

Use the Magistrates court, keep me in a job. lol
JinThaMC

19th Aug 07 at 02:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gaz the jugde

hehe
choochoo82

19th Aug 07 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got pulled over a fue years ago because i was ment to of jumped a red light which i never , They was tempary traffic light and as i crossed the wait her sign , the lights changed,But as there was quite a distance between the wait here sign and the traffic light it was on red by the time i passed the traffic light, i was in a 24 seater bus and it was 3.30am in the morning cuz i just did i job collecting people from birmingham, Anyway as i got down the road police pulled me and give me a ticket ,I wrote statements and took it to court , i went to court 3 time but only once got to see the jugde,The other times i was in the waiting room waiting to be called in, 14 month later i got away with it because they couldnt prove it, and there was two police officers in the car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speeding Help 22 database queries in 0.0192151 seconds