corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just an observation

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author just an observation
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
31st Jul 07 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

help zone is full of rubbish lately, i used to post answers quite often but dont bother much any more because of the shite that gets posted. things such as:

'my engine is ticking a bit louder than it used to'

ok, I understand people want a bit of help but theres probably over 1000 possible causes, none of which can be diagnosed over the internet. not even with a video of it.

maybe there should be a sticky with a list of common problems/symptoms and likely causes?

If im wrong, tell me Im a whinging old git and I should stfu.
Dave A

31st Jul 07 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because the other one was full of rubbish due to a certain someone posting crap in help zone logged in under my username.
Dave A

31st Jul 07 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

back to the topic......
Joe

31st Jul 07 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree Dave, some questions can be answered on here but some people think this place can replace the service of a good garage sometimes.
vx.racing

31st Jul 07 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
maybe there should be a sticky with a list of common problems/symptoms and likely causes?

I agree with this. The same questions get asked over and over again, for example -

"How low can I go on my 17's without them rubbing?" or
"Will these wheels fit my car?" or probably the most classic
"I'm thinking about fitting a redtop in my corsa, can anyone tell me what parts i will need and how much it will cost?".

Sometimes there is multiple posts on the same page basically asking the exact same thing.
Dave A

31st Jul 07 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not so much the questions, but the same questions being asked constantly. A section with common problems and advice on how to solve them will be a great addition to the site I think.
ed

31st Jul 07 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The best is when somone has an electrical fault, posts up a load of fault codes and you get people saying that it's either thier MAF sensor or thier Idle Stepper Motor thats bust.

Or if thier car is running a bit funny then it's the head gasket. Somone posted up a question which ended up being diagnosed as a leaking sump gasket a day or so ago, somone thought that would be the head gasket.

My advice is, if you don't know, don't bother trying to answer as it's not helpful.
Robin
Premium Member

31st Jul 07 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
My advice is, if you don't know, don't bother trying to answer as it's not helpful.

I'm sure that's been said before, needs making a sticky TBH.
Jake

31st Jul 07 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, Too much regurgitated information floating around in the forum.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just an observation 22 database queries in 0.0094140 seconds