corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Few questions about no MOT....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Few questions about no MOT....
cooperjazzy55

User status: Offline
28th Jul 07 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so basically mot runs out wednesday so gonna leave it parked out the back till i can afford to get bits done (got told long as ive got road tax i dont have to inform dvla and can sit outside the back is this right?)

but since my mot will be run out and ill need to get it to a garage to get things sorted is it ok to drive it to the garages? also is it ok to drive it to the mot centre?

sorry am a bit fuzzy
nova_gteuk

28th Jul 07 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as long as you have insurance and you make an appointment,your legal to drive it to an mot station.

you dont need to inform the dvla of no mot.

Ben G

28th Jul 07 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fine to drive it to an mot centre..

but don't drive on the roads to go pick up your mates etc
cooperjazzy55

28th Jul 07 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but is it ok to drive it to a garage to get stuff sorted for the mot?
nova_gteuk

28th Jul 07 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aslong as your booked in for an mot yes,if not no.
cooperjazzy55

28th Jul 07 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys, great help
timrud_

28th Jul 07 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll ruffle a few feahers here.

You cannot get points on your licence for this. You won't get a tug because to the police your showing as insured.

If you do need to go anywhere don't be afraid to use it, as long as your happy topay about £60 if the worst happens.

Que loads of people saying more tash like hsi insurance is not valid. Again a wrong urban myth.
Colin

28th Jul 07 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_

Que loads of people saying more tash like hsi insurance is not valid. Again a wrong urban myth.

If you drive with no MOT the insurance company still has to indemnify you against third party liability. That is covered in section 6 of the Road Traffic Act. As long as you physically have the certificate you are ok however they will get out of paying out for your claim, it will be in their terms & conditions, which you agree to when you accept the policy. Car insurance to be legal is only third party" comp insurance is an agreement between you and the insurer which the insurer can impose terms against " they cannot impose terms against third party unless stated in law i.e Not being prevented from holding a valid licence. That is why they don't ask when getting a quote if the vehicle has a current MOT. It doesn't legally need one to be insured.
timrud_

28th Jul 07 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry I didn't make myself very clear there.

I always refer to things on insurance from a legal point of view, rather than "you gettng paid out" point of view.

I couldn't give two hoots if my insurance didn't pay ME out, I'd be pissed off if I got six points though.

If I was driving a car worth mega bucks I couldn't afford to just go an buy another though it would be a different scenario.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Few questions about no MOT.... 22 database queries in 0.0113320 seconds