corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa VXR

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa VXR
Mark1984_SRI

User status: Offline
   24th Jul 07 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is your opnion on these cars. I know there are other threads regarding this car, BUT i want to know from people who have driven/own one, or the general people's opinions on them from here.

My reason for asking....

Considering buying one

Now tell me what you think and why
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jul 07 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark1984_SRI
or the general people's opinions on them from here.

look awful and not the best in its class. Get the clio 197

this is however just my opinion

[Edited on 24-07-2007 by Steve]
SetH

24th Jul 07 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive tried to keep an open mind about these but have the following problems.

1) The VXR Details are garish, look very stuck on, to boy racerish, i think more mature people will point and laugh.

2) Its to much money for what is at the end of the day a 'corsa'. If you are a vauxhall nut and a VXR range fan then logically i think a nearly new Astra VXR is a much better value buy.

3) If you get one now you will be the daddy in the eyes of under 21 yr olds.

4) possibly in the future this car will have civic type aRse syndrome?
Mark1984_SRI

24th Jul 07 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH

2) Its to much money for what is at the end of the day a 'corsa'. If you are a vauxhall nut and a VXR range fan then logically i think a nearly new Astra VXR is a much better value buy.

You've hit the nail on the head with these two points. I'm in agreement totally and this is what's putting me off. Had a good look around one today, and it felt like quite a bit of car for the money with regards to the type of car it is (A hatch) i know you can get more car for the money with say an Astra VXR, but for what it is the corsa is a good hatch imo.
JM_16v

24th Jul 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love the corsa vxr was looking at a few yesterday i love the look of them myself but tbh if i had the money to get a new corsa vxr.... id get a 2nd hand astra vxr
Iain M

24th Jul 07 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark1984_SRI
quote:
Originally posted by SetH

You've hit the nail on the head with these two points. I'm in agreement totally and this is what's putting me off. Had a good look around one today, and it felt like quite a bit of car for the money with regards to the type of car it is (A hatch) i know you can get more car for the money with say an Astra VXR, but for what it is the corsa is a good hatch imo.

Also Vauxhall customer service is absolute gash.

Put me off completely
Mark1984_SRI

24th Jul 07 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know the insurance group on the Astra VXR, i know the corsa is 16?
Also those that have said buy the astra, what are your reasons for the astra over the corsa (becuase at the moment, the corsa is winning in my eyes )
bubble

24th Jul 07 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drives very well, pulls all the time, seats are amazingly comfortable. massive grin factor.
aussievxr

24th Jul 07 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i currently own a 300bhp astra VXR and my wife has a black corsa VXR which she has now owned for 3 1/2 weeks, would i get rid of my astra forthe corsa? not a chance, but my thought on the not so little corsa, its a great car and its best attributes is its handling, they way i would put it is that a standard astra VXR would not be able to shake the corsa throughout the twisties and bends and i havd a play with my mate in his stock astra and even at that stage only 500 miles on the clock he couldnt shake me until it opened up into a long straight, as for power, once its had a few miles on the clock it really does open up and its able to get that power down through the front wheels, comming from my astra it does feel quiet relaxed to drive but my wife has made me work my lower gears hard in the astra from a standing start.
Well the corsa is no longer running standard power and has been blufin'd putting out approx 225bhp & 303nm of torque so its not far off the power of a stock astra VXR but 200kg lighter, i would honestly say it will catch out the astra from a standing start and may have the astra owner seeing its not so little rear, more so throught the bends lol
Great car and a fun drive, especially its handling, doesnt quiet match my KW coilovers but a set of lower springs should see it not far off in my opinion.

[Edited on 24-07-2007 by aussievxr]

AndyKent

24th Jul 07 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Astra looks better, bigger, nicer car.......more grown up.

Corsa VXR will have a short lifespan IMO.
Mark1984_SRI

24th Jul 07 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
drives very well, pulls all the time, seats are amazingly comfortable. massive grin factor.

Seats were gorgeous I thought i was sat in a space-ship, the dash was very Loved all the gadgets, and it just felt like the kind of car i could be happy with day to day. I think i may be reading the brochure in more depth when it comes through
Mark1984_SRI

24th Jul 07 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aussievxr
i currently own a 300bhp astra VXR and my wife has a black corsa VXR which she has now owned for 3 1/2 weeks, would i get rid of my astra forthe corsa? not a chance, but my thought on the not so little corsa, its a great car and its best attributes is its handling, they way i would put it is that a standard astra VXR would not be able to shake the corsa throughout the twisties and bends and i havd a play with my mate in his stock astra and even at that stage only 500 miles on the clock he couldnt shake me until it opened up into a long straight, as for power, once its had a few miles on the clock it really does open up and its able to get that power down through the front wheels, comming from my astra it does feel quiet relaxed to drive but my wife has made me work my lower gears hard in the astra from a standing start.
Well the corsa is no longer running standard power and has been blufin'd putting out approx 225bhp & 303nm of torque so its not far off the power of a stock astra VXR but 200kg lighter, i would honestly say it will catch out the astra from a standing start and may have the astra owner seeing its not so little rear, more so throught the bends lol
Great car and a fun drive, especially its handling, doesnt quiet match my KW coilovers but a set ow lower springs should see it no far off in my opinion.

Great input, thanks for that
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jul 07 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the price mark, you could get something a year or two old thats much better, and from a better marque

lose so much money on new cars

Mark1984_SRI

24th Jul 07 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
for the price mark, you could get something a year or two old thats much better, and from a better marque

lose so much money on new cars

You speak so much sense but i feel i'm getting caught up in a 'new car whirlwind' as i've never owned a new car

Definately need to take a step back and think carefully don't i
aussievxr

24th Jul 07 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and if you shop around there is some deals to be had, we saved 2 grand off list price with 18's paint and climate,
as for depreciation, no car is really an asset, you buy cars like this for fun, well thats what we do, gotta enjoy life which can be short for many, the rest of my money i throw into my 2 properties, one here on the Thames in London and the other back home in Aus on the coast, gotta enjoy living in this country somehow : )

P1CK4D

24th Jul 07 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aussievxr
the rest of my money i throw into my 2 properties, one here on the Thames in London and the other back home in Aus on the coast, gotta enjoy living in this country somehow : )

What do you do for a job?
aussievxr

24th Jul 07 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all about the exchange rate mate, lets hope the £ remains much stonger against the aussie $ : )

2 incomes no kids : )

aussievxr

24th Jul 07 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use to be all about not spending me money and saving for a rainy day but then ive seen people i know when i served in the Aus navy pass away and now think yeah its a good idea to invest in a property (smart move actually) but then life is short and why not have a few things in my life that i really wont, so i would say if you really wont one go buy it, if it dont work out financially sell the b*stard and move on!

Shop around and if need be buy a dealer demo or floor stock, they are all spec'd with 18's & light & sight.

mwg

24th Jul 07 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clio 197 in Racing Blue with optional Recaro's
Ben G

24th Jul 07 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
Clio 197 in Racing Blue with optional Recaro's

these car's are bloody gorgeous saw one the other day and i would rather have the 197 than the corsa vxr for the looks but that's only cosmetic
SAL
Premium Member

24th Jul 07 at 14:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from my experience, dont do it !

had a drive in one a few weeks ago, imo i would rather spend the money on an astra. Or failing that a mint gsi

vxr is a decent car comming from vaux/opel but for the money atm i would not sujest buying one YET
Mark1984_SRI

24th Jul 07 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
from my experience, dont do it !

had a drive in one a few weeks ago, imo i would rather spend the money on an astra. Or failing that a mint gsi

vxr is a decent car comming from vaux/opel but for the money atm i would not sujest buying one YET

Stavs So you're saying, if i HAVE to get one, i should out a while
SAL
Premium Member

24th Jul 07 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, wait a year at least and then see the price they come down to !

for example astra vxr's where what 19k now an 05/06 plate can be brought for 15k, that a £4000 loss in a year

so the corsa is what 14k

next year...11,10 and a laff ? gives you time to save a bit to get it tuned
AndyKent

24th Jul 07 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might be useful to anyone, if you know someone who used to work for Vauxhall, you can now get 8% off list price with the partners scheme.......

10% off the rest of the range
Mark1984_SRI

24th Jul 07 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I currently work at ASDA although am moving jobs soon, and i was told to snap one up pronto, whilst i'm at ASDA as you get a big discount from them for ASDA employees (i already knew this but someone might be interested)

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa VXR 22 database queries in 0.1030312 seconds