corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Handbrake Help!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Handbrake Help!!!!!
Ash_EP3

User status: Offline
   23rd Jul 07 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took my old dear to the hospital in BATH (Nr Bristol) the other day noticed when I came up to steep (pretty steep) hills the handbrake does not stop the car & I noticed I was rolling back!!!!

on slightly steep hills it's fine but on very steep hills I might as well not even have a handbrake!

what do you think is wrong?
- cable needs tightening?
- brakes checking?

etc etc... thanks ppl
antone_86

User status: Offline
24th Jul 07 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cable has probably just slipped, it will most likely need to be tightened/readjusted. In the meantime just get good with your clutch and get off the brakes and onto it quickly on the hill starts!

If you use it frequently, the handbrake, and require a lot of pressure on steep hills to keep it still it may be worth fitting a heavy duty cable to the thing; will last longer, not slip as easily and be stronger and not snap.

Shouldn't be anything wrong with the brakes; unless they are very badly worn?

New Poll