corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 Ingame Screenshots

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 Ingame Screenshots
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jul 07 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the E3 video shown by MS a while ago looked as good, it was a pre render of the ingame engine
dave17

12th Jul 07 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wel have to wait and see i guess, weve got plenty of time!

look at the detail on the ferrari engine
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jul 07 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like the images, the details are good, but knowing sony its likely to be hype
Jay

12th Jul 07 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is it a comparison between the 2 consoles again? This is a GT thread not Forza, some people just cant let things go.
Rus

12th Jul 07 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayM
Why is it a comparison between the 2 consoles again? This is a GT thread not Forza, some people just cant let things go.

its just steve getting upset
andy1868

12th Jul 07 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayM

agreed, forza being amazing doesn't make GT4 any less of a good game. GT5 isn't going to make forza 2 any less of a good game. i can't see much point arguing about which is better, embrace both consoles and make the most out of gaming, playing one denying and denying the other is pointless IMO
Nath

12th Jul 07 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wasn't steve who mentioned anything Microsoft
Ren

12th Jul 07 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those screens look good, but I'd be surprised if they had damage with the way that looks. Remember playing GT4, the photomode always made your pictures look better then the actual ingame image. Like steve said, they're probably pre-rendered like all games are when previewed. Look at the GTA4 trailer for example.

Looking forward to it none the less
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

12th Jul 07 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Impressive what ever they are, I'm going to be buying a PS3 after my holiday ready for GTA and the wait for this game!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Russ

12th Jul 07 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks sexy, but as mentioned, just fmv atm, need some in game
A1EX

12th Jul 07 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the game itself looks as good as that and the physics are up to the same standard etc it will be real good, but for a game thats to be released in 18 months and all the delays you'd bloody well hope it is as good as that
Joe

12th Jul 07 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks damn impressive, if it looks like that once done well done Sony.
mazdaspeed

12th Jul 07 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjO12QbT4XU

Images are damn impressive, can't wait for this game. Glad to hear there is a demo coming our way soon!
dave17

12th Jul 07 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

holy shit some of that looks real
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jul 07 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont get your hopes up people.

i predict a game that looks better than fm2, not doubting the polyphony artists are amazing, but gameplay wise, it will play like cardboard again

and by the time this comes out FM3 will be on its way

[Edited on 12-07-2007 by Steve]
Marc

12th Jul 07 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
lmfao at people still believing the shit sony feeds them.

they are most probably pre renders of the ingame engine which could mean anything. They could have detail and AA set to max making it run at 5fps for all anyone knows.

and even if they are ingame, they arent massively better than FM2.

I also see a lot of blurring meaning one thing, 30fps. (blurring is needed at 30fps to achieve the feel of speed).

after playing fm2 at 60fps going back to a racer at 30fps makes it feel like im blinking my eyes really fast.

we dont know how good the physics are, what rate the physics run at, wether there is damage, a whole load of stuff GT5 has to live up to, and if its like the PS3 will probs be a flop

LOLLERSTICKS.
Marc

12th Jul 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah, looks really good. I love the GT series, with the exception of 4 which didn't handle well at all for me.

Hopefully this will play like the first 3.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jul 07 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they all handle liek shit marc have you played FM2? thats good physics
Marc

12th Jul 07 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honda NSX was a sack of shit in the first 2, it used to come up off the ground when cornering - WTF! One of the best balanced cars in the world handling like shit on a driving simulator!!!

The other cars handled really well in my opinion, I seemed to get along with them anyway.

I disliked GT4 as the Impreza STi's would handle like crazy rwd cars and corner terribly which wasn't realistic.

I've never played a 360 Stcheven.
Joe

12th Jul 07 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve let it drop, it looks good from what we have seen and theres a chance that it will play better than Forza. Does it really bother you that much.
Nath

12th Jul 07 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
Steve let it drop, it looks good from what we have seen and theres a chance that it will play better than Forza. Does it really bother you that much.

He loses sleep over it
Marc

12th Jul 07 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been told that Stcheven actually has a PS3 and whenever you lot play him on XBox Live its actually his mate
Dom

12th Jul 07 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
lmfao at people still believing the shit sony feeds them.

they are most probably pre renders of the ingame engine which could mean anything. They could have detail and AA set to max making it run at 5fps for all anyone knows.

and even if they are ingame, they arent massively better than FM2.

I also see a lot of blurring meaning one thing, 30fps. (blurring is needed at 30fps).

after playing fm2 at 60fps going back to a racer at 30fps makes it feel like im blinking my eyes really fast.

we dont know how good the physics are, what rate the physics run at, wether there is damage, a whole load of stuff GT5 has to live up to, and if its like the PS3 will probs be a flop

LOLLERSTICKS.

steve, seriously what the fuck are you talking about? what the fuck is "blurring is needed at 30fps to achieve the feel of speed"? because everyone else knows it as Motion Blur - something applied to digital footage (eg, cgi) to smooth out movements between frames (more noticable in 25-30fps, but is also applied to 60fps footage), otherwise our eyes perceives it as "stuttering".

And the physics on FM2 are pretty good but certainly not shit hot - for one, the brake glow is poor, they light up like xmas tree lights (toca 3 out performs FM2 here). And the graphics were a bit of a let down with FM2.

To be honest, it sounds like you're getting your little thong in a twist. are you really that worried that, like joe said, there may be a game thats better than FM2?
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jul 07 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886

no chance will it play better than forza, with all the anticipation surrounding fm2 iv seen the lengths they went to getting the physics so good in fm2

polyphony will just do what they have with the last ones, concentrate on making it look better and have more cars, the physics will probably use the same generic formula for friction etc they always use.
Gavin
Premium Member

12th Jul 07 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We will all have to wait until the game is released.

FM2 has set the bar high. For me GT will need to spend just as much time on the physics of the cars as they do with the graphics.

let the battle being LD

pew pew pew pewwwww

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll