corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2.1 zvh xr2 full car rebuild.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.1 zvh xr2 full car rebuild.
sinkyboy1

User status: Offline
   4th Jul 07 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is a friends and customers car im pretty much restoring. am i ok to carry this on , on corsasport. this is an interesting build
Adam-D

4th Jul 07 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup do so,
sinkyboy1

4th Jul 07 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great. the car was mint when it came to with only a few minor marks on it. it was already running with a 2.0 zvh engine and twin 40s, and yes it was a handfull to drive. but having to set the carbs up on it all the time was a pain in the *ss. so he's decided he wants a 2.1 turbo in it. i have already stripped the car to a shell and its now in the bodyshop having inner and outer wings, front pannel, new bonnet and tailgate, and a full respay inside and out, while this is being done ive had the honours of stripping the engine to be modded and also stripping the doner car.
sinkyboy1

4th Jul 07 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this was the car when it came in to me

this was the engine stripped out

rear end view

i will get some more pics up tomorrow all being well of it in the bodyshop
broster
Premium Member

5th Jul 07 at 05:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that should be a bit of a handful when done, what management wil it be on? what power you expecing
Adam-D

5th Jul 07 at 06:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like my bro's
his is std-ish cvh atm thou
sinkyboy1

5th Jul 07 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the time being its gonna be mfi, rather than efi, but im sure at a later date it will be efi. power wise 220bhp would be nice when finished and set up. ive known of people getting just a little over 250 bhp out of mfi, but thats the limit as the fueling cant cope.
sinkyboy1

8th Jul 07 at 06:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

managed to get some pics from the body shop

broster
Premium Member

8th Jul 07 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sinkyboy1
for the time being its gonna be mfi, rather than efi, but im sure at a later date it will be efi. power wise 220bhp would be nice when finished and set up. ive known of people getting just a little over 250 bhp out of mfi, but thats the limit as the fueling cant cope.

wouldnt be two sure, there is a few over that still on mfi, granted you will gain one hell of a lot going to mfi, just dont go running one of those daft adapter plates!
sinkyboy1

8th Jul 07 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not gonna be running one of them adapter plates, if and when it does go efi it will be done properly. i know of and can prove of an mfi set up of reachinh 273bhp on the rollers. this belonged to a good friend of mine called keith taylor, and is known on most ford sites.
broster
Premium Member

9th Jul 07 at 06:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some impressive cars about on and off the ford sites, work with the daily so appreciate the effort that goes into them!
sinkyboy1

9th Jul 07 at 06:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be nice to see a feature on this one when finished
GHurn

9th Jul 07 at 06:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i m currently fitting a 2.1 zvh turbo motor to my ford ka! i would go efi straight away while the car is in bits its a much much better setup and it'l start in the mornings lol and when its warm!
sinkyboy1

9th Jul 07 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mfi aint that bad on starting, as for going efi. we managed to get an erst turbo cheap for the doner parts. ive previously done a ka with efi when i used to work for power crazy.
sinkyboy1

10th Jul 07 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been to the bodyshop today for an update, car still looks ill but is slowly getting there.

sinkyboy1

10th Jul 07 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also got the block back today from iIan Howel at fiesta frenzy, he's sorted out the modding the xe pistons to fit the ford rods, got some arp bolts to.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2.1 zvh xr2 full car rebuild. 22 database queries in 0.0141041 seconds