corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Been to Vsport today and on the rollers........

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Been to Vsport today and on the rollers........
Steve X16XE

User status: Offline
1st Jul 07 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
steves car pulls to about 55 in second and you can see it running out of steam at about 50,

Nope.

It pulls hard upto the red line. You can see on the graph that it's making 111 bhp at 6600 rpm. At 4536 rpm it's making 99bhp.

So for 2214 revs it's pulling over 99 BHP. It's always pulling strong. But from what i have been told by owners, The VTS kick a big chunk of power like a VTEC does, right at the top.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jul 07 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah and at 6500 the vts will be making 120+

what was the vts making at 4k?

and also it did only pull to 55 in that vid

[Edited on 01-07-2007 by Steve]
Steve X16XE

1st Jul 07 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah sorry. I should have made myself more clear.

If i just leave it sat on the limit it'd say about 56/57. I change close to that coz it's still pulling.

But thats why standard corsa's are slower to 60 coz you have to change gear and in the VTS/GTI just hit the limit and doing 65.

But don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that if you remaped a standard Corsa to do 65 in 2nd it won't be doing it in 7 secs. But it will save about 0.5 maybe a little more.
Rob B

1st Jul 07 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
I made a simple claim, that steves corsa was faster than a vts we had in for work at Vsport.

heres some facts:

the corsa made only 6bhp less than the saxo
corsa made more power over a longer rev range
corsa made more torque over a longer rev range
corsa held the power better
corsa had a much better power graph
corsa was lighter
corsa was faster on the road.

I drove both cars, have no reason to be biased towards steves corsa, tell me 1 thing, why would a heavier car with less average power and torque be faster? because it has a vts badge on it

did the people that doubt my opinion drive these cars? no they didnt. simple as that yet they do think that without driving either car or even seeing them they can make a true comparison between them

this isnt about any saxo vs any corsa, my opinion was based on the 2 we had in yeterday on the rollers.

I do see steves opinion, his is far more realistic. Rob-b hasnt got a clue, he bases his opinion of corsas on his old one that was the worst built engine I have seen for a while that wasnt even running right, yet Rob you used to claim it would beat civic type r's and as for making claims then editing the post, I didnt do anything like that, truth is you love to wait for any opportunity to bring up anything about saxos and how no other hatch is as good as it down the strip and round a track, if you are so sure of it why take the bait and make yourself look like a complete dick by trying your hardest to protect and stand up for the saxos abilities.

if its that good, then you dont need to shout about it at every opportunity, just take off the saxo tinted specs for a minute and realise this a CORSA forum, nobody is attacking you or your car, no need to be so defensive.

[Edited on 01-07-2007 by Dave A]

Your a cock muncher, you provoked this as joe obviously saw by his comment on the first page aswell, then you edit your comment as usual to try and make it look like it was someone else.

"Rob-b hasnt got a clue, he bases his opinion of corsas on his old one that was the worst built engine I have seen for a while that wasnt even running right"

For one i didnt build it, too Paul_J raced it in his 106 as it used to be sly_sri's old engine and paul pulled slightly from it but still pulled.
if you want to say it was the wiring well how the fuk could it work for a year and a half with the same wiring from day one Dave? Your an idiot, how would you suggest this old score is settled ?

Also please show me where i said i would beat a CTR ? And a base my opinioon on racing 4 or 5 1.6 sports including one with a lexmaul on many occasions, ever raced a vts in your tb'ed car that started to lose oil after about 1000 miles of your rebuild ?

Oh i sat with a 330 CI today upto 120 on the private track i went too

[Edited on 01-07-2007 by Rob B]

[Edited on 01-07-2007 by Rob B]
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jul 07 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope your belt didnt scratch the paint

sorry couldnt resist
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

1st Jul 07 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ever raced a vts in your tb'ed car that started to lose oil after about 1000 miles of your rebuild ?

losing oil 1000 miles after a rebuild? clearly you are just trying to post any old rubbish up now, my engine started burning oil 20,000 miles afer it was last rebuilt. thats a hell of a lot of miles for an engine that revs past 8500 rpm. As for the 'have I raced a vts bla bla bla comment, I have had plenty of fun against vts's but they just arent anywhere near. one of the lads that works for me had a phase 1 106 with a 130bhp 1.6 16v engine in and it wasnt even close. both cars weighed about the same, mine had 177 bhp vs his 130 bhp, 50bhp, close ratio gear box, high final drive, launch control and ful throttle gearshift makes up for a lot on the road in a light car.
Kano

1st Jul 07 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would everyone please kindly stfu about power graphs and that... they mean absolutely jack shit in real terms and the fact that you lot think they do proves you know nothing...

Dave A do you have graphs of ATW power for the cars mentioned? THe fact that you yourself will argue over 2 flywheel power figures amazes me considering you run a business dealing with this sort of stuff.

Flywheel figures are pub talk, wheel power figures are what actually matter.

Rob B

1st Jul 07 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very true its ATW that matters, i thought you rebuilt it all , that was what your project thread suggests.
Kano

1st Jul 07 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
very true its ATW that matters, i thought you rebuilt it all , that was what your project thread suggests.

Sorry I'll rephrase what I meant, fly figures are still important for telling an engines output but ATW is what matters for what the car actually goes like..

Just before I get linched by the CS mafia.. lol
Nic Barnes

1st Jul 07 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

torque is what actually matters kano, all bhp is for the pub and kids to talk about. intake welds have cracked etc
Kano

1st Jul 07 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
torque is what actually matters kano, all bhp is for the pub and kids to talk about. intake welds have cracked etc

Also very true Muppet but ATW power figure is more relevant than fly...
Dave A

1st Jul 07 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its irrelevant wether you sue fly or whl figures, as long as you arent using an inertia coastdown style dyno.

power graphs show everything the engine is doing in detail, from injector pulse, ignitiontiming, fuelling etc.. if they arent a good indication of how the car/engine performs then why do 99% of tuners use them whilst mapping?

obviously they dont take into account gearing etc, thats where tractive effort and roadspeed graphs come into it, but posting all those graphs isnt any help as most people wont know what they mean, they of course are taken from the bhp and graphs which are far easier to understand which is why people use them.

Kano

1st Jul 07 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I give up...
Mark330d

1st Jul 07 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

once again dave a has proved the point that he is a banger
Nismo

1st Jul 07 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

end of the day a Jap car is better

Dave A

1st Jul 07 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

once again mark has made a worthwhile comment
Robin
Premium Member

1st Jul 07 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why the fuck can't there be a thread on here for once without someone being an argumentitive cunt?

We ALL like cars, who fucking cares who is faster or not or who thinks they are wrongly, it doesn't matter No need for a 7 page thread laying into eachother and resorting to shitty little name calling bitching is there?
Dave A

1st Jul 07 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
end of the day a Jap car is better

vey true in most cases, they all seem to do really well on the rollers.
Nic Barnes

1st Jul 07 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i oddly agree with you about the graphs dave
Nic Barnes

1st Jul 07 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Why the fuck can't there be a thread on here for once without someone being an argumentitive cunt?

We ALL like cars, who fucking cares who is faster or not or who thinks they are wrongly, it doesn't matter No need for a 7 page thread laying into eachother and resorting to shitty little name calling bitching is there?

robin for moderator, suck, sorry i mean votes being cast in another thread

robin, robin, robin etc
SportBoy

1st Jul 07 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like these threads ... think there quite amusing
Nath

1st Jul 07 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS, I got bored half way through page 2.
Dave A

1st Jul 07 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin

becase everything anybody posts will be compared to a vts/gti and when rob-b and steve dont agree they will act like total badgers until everyone gives up because they wont ever give in that a car might be better or equal to theirs. Much the same as most vts owners, they get so defensive about their cars for some reason, as if they feel inferior and need o try and prove a point.
Rob B

1st Jul 07 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, VTS's never seem to make 120 bhp, your rollers have proven that Dave from a thread ive read on sax- p
Robin
Premium Member

1st Jul 07 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Dave, but you're as bad as them TBH, there was no need for you to slate Rob, and you did instigate the whole thing with your comments.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Been to Vsport today and on the rollers........ 22 database queries in 0.0202210 seconds