corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa 1.2 8v Starting Problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 1.2 8v Starting Problems
stewart_2004

User status: Offline
25th Jun 07 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys hope you can shed some light on my problem. When ever it rains my car dosent seam to want to start it will turn over but not fire and one it eventually starts it holds back on the revs unitl I take it out of gear and change. also sometimes when i drive and it rains the battery light comes and the car decides to almost die and stall but Ive fitted a new battery recently and ive checked it charging its showing 12v off and 14.7v running. Ive tryed removing the map sensor when the cars running and it seems so sound healthier once its out. I have taken it to afew garages but no one knows whats wrong with it. any help would be great.

cheers

stew
Mertin

26th Jun 07 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When its wet and not starting I think its your HT leads, or do you have an induction kit on it as it may be getting damp. Next time it starts dodgy, spray your ht leads with wd40 and also your distributor cap (if you have one) or the dirtubutor less ignition (black block that all your leads go into)

The battery light problem will be your alternator belt, and the batter light is coming on because your alternator belt will be slipping due to being slack and also the rain. Was there a squeaking/squealing irritating noise?
stewart_2004

26th Jun 07 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Mertin,

Yeah I have both an induction kit and a distribution cap, The belt only sqeaks afew times and then stops
Mertin

26th Jun 07 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the winter my 1.2 8v was often crap on starting, was solved with wd40 and letting it warm up a bit before driving - I put it down to the filter beind damp cause its exposed and also the Ht leads getting damp.
jay kay

26th Jun 07 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ht leads mate mine did this on wet days but when the car warmed up it was fine

i found ut the hard way when i electrocuted myself
Mertin

26th Jun 07 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay kay
ht leads mate mine did this on wet days but when the car warmed up it was fine

i found ut the hard way when i electrocuted myself

Iv done that before, was misifirng so thought a lead might be off a bit cause I had been doing something in the engine bay so pushed them all in, got to the 4th one and got an electric shock and nearly dropped the bonnet
sparkham2

26th Jun 07 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sounds like its misfiring as soon as it starts, leads will be damp, try drying them out then spray sealing them, or just as cheap to buy new see if that solves it?
Mertin

27th Jun 07 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£25 for a new set of leads from halfords cause I priced them the other day

New Poll