corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » What the fudge was going on in Rushden earlier?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What the fudge was going on in Rushden earlier?
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Jun 07 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried to drive from Croyland motors through the town, but got to the Mansfield Drive roundabout and had to turn right, then got to the end thinking I could turn left back towards the town centre and got directed right, onto Irchester road, so I went left onto Boundary, then down Highfield and Purvis, tried to turn left, couldn't, so went right, then left down Fitzwilliam st. onto Duck street, followed that round to the High street, then tried to turn down Washbrook road, but no, still not allowed, so had to follow the road, took the left down Hayway, towards Northampton road, couldn't turn right at the end of Hayway, so had to go right, which took me through Higham

Basically, there was a police road block on the corner of pretty much every corner near Washbrook road, and some random ones near the outer edges of the town.

So, WTF was going on? Police wouldn't tell me
Robin
Premium Member

20th Jun 07 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done a map to show how big the area was

broster
Premium Member

21st Jun 07 at 06:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

robin, maybe it was just a ploy to make you run out of fuel???
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jun 07 at 03:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turns out it was some random crappy fire in someone's garage, nothing intresting

I was expecting a bomb/gun wielding maniac/armed robbery/nuclear holocaust/warewolf invasion from the amount of police around
Tommy L

22nd Jun 07 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some sort of gases that you use for welding caused the fire.
danward

28th Jun 07 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got stuck by this as well... lucky I know the back routes round Rushden though!
Robin
Premium Member

28th Jun 07 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So do I, still ended up taking fucking ages to get anywhere though
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

28th Jun 07 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah caused a right mess of things, my mrs was evacuated as she lives directly opposite the house where they had the fire.

also completly offtopic but that blue z20let corsa c owned by honan on here iirc was outside asda in rushden last night, front end looked a bit of a state tho, looked like he went into the back of someone .. no other cars were about?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
danward

3rd Jul 07 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea I heard Honan got hit up the arse which in turn pushed him into the car infront. Shame really he hasn't had the best of luck since buying it from Mark.
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

4th Jul 07 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah thats what it was then, looked a bit of a mess, any news on if he is rebuilding it or getting rid?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » What the fudge was going on in Rushden earlier? 24 database queries in 0.0222039 seconds