corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » need some feedback on suspension kits (corsa B and C owners)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need some feedback on suspension kits (corsa B and C owners)
k e l

User status: Offline
15th Jun 07 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent really playe dwith my setup yet but it seemed decent ride etc. but still sits quite high after being wound down quite abit
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

15th Jun 07 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kel, our Gaz kits are designed to give decent ride quality with great handling, lower than 50mm ruins things really.

we are aiming at the budget end obviously but wanting good quality for the cash.
Fad

15th Jun 07 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hang on are you Designing a kit as in going to do the research development and production of coilovers or are you actually just mixing and matching a kit from a manufacturer?
Dave A

15th Jun 07 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

designing the kit. both on the road and track and then developing it with the manufacturers. Same as we did with our Gaz kits and got great results.
davey_jack

15th Jun 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one of the things I hate about my car is that it has such a harsh ride, but I dont want to raise the suspension because it will never look as good! If there was a suspension setup for about £250 that lowered the car 40 to 50mm and gave me a nice smooth ride, I would most definitely buy it
Fad

15th Jun 07 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
designing the kit. both on the road and track and then developing it with the manufacturers. Same as we did with our Gaz kits and got great results.

Your telling me you helped develop the Gaz coilover kit

You really are out of your depth
k e l

15th Jun 07 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Kel, our Gaz kits are designed to give decent ride quality with great handling, lower than 50mm ruins things really.

we are aiming at the budget end obviously but wanting good quality for the cash.

the way it sits at tho moment isnt right im not wanting it on the deck. but ive not noticed a great deal of ajustability (is that a word) but then again ive only played with it once. to get it to the place for my exaust. also somone with the same kit has had problems with the spring rubbing on he threads on the rears rendering them usless
Dave A

15th Jun 07 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:

Your telling me you helped develop the Gaz coilover kit

You really are out of your depth

Yes Fad, we developed the Gaz cors B coilover kit and the Gaz coilover kit for the Cavalier mk3. We are now doing the corsa C kit with them. As for being out of our depth I will leave that up to the manufacturers we deign the kits for and the motorsport teas we look after rather than people on the internet.
Rob B

15th Jun 07 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youve developed alot Dave for a 6 month or so old company havent you !

Can i ask how your actually helping them develop a kit ? Because surely a company knows what people want from a suspension kit
Fad

15th Jun 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which race teams?
The guy who develops Gaz suspension used to work for Leda and then moved on to set up GAz but you wouldn't know that.

Pisses me off when people dress up what they do when actually you are just a gloryfied supplier.

Just be honest and people will come and seek you...look at LM styling...no advertising yet always busy with more work than he needs.
sam-smith

15th Jun 07 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can see a storm brewing
Rob B

15th Jun 07 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really Sam, just intrested to know how Dave is developing and designing these or helping to do that ..
Dave A

15th Jun 07 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The companies like Gaz suspension dont cater massively for the budget end of the market with the majority of their kits sold costing £800-£1500.

Its companies like ourselfes that work with the manufacturers to tell them what consumers want that helps everyone get something out it, the customer, us and the manufacturers.

keep the comments coming people
sam-smith

15th Jun 07 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah its pissing it down in plymouth
Dave A

15th Jun 07 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Which race teams?
The guy who develops Gaz suspension used to work for Leda and then moved on to set up GAz but you wouldn't know that.

Pisses me off when people dress up what they do when actually you are just a gloryfied supplier.

Fad, you know nothing about what we do as a company or the kits we sell or our business connections with Gaz or any of the other manufacturers. This thread was made to get the feedback from people that want a corsa B or C kit, not peole that want to argue about who supplies what to what and how they are made etc...
SAL
Premium Member

15th Jun 07 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would like - 50 on a corsa c as they come with a decent hight from vaux, no lower though
Dave A

15th Jun 07 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

already done stavs, first kit will be here monday

will need a few weeks of work to get it right probably but we will be looking at a retail price of £275 for them.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Jun 07 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the Spax RSX kit on mine, quite like how it feels, only let down on that kit is the rear not being height adjustable.

So kit like Spax RSX but with rear coilover.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Dave A

15th Jun 07 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

already have that with our Gaz kit Daniel. we do the rear coilover units seperately as well.
SAL
Premium Member

15th Jun 07 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

will need a few weeks of work to get it right probably but we will be looking at a retail price of £275 for them.

is that fixed rate and height ?
Rob B

15th Jun 07 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that a whole unit, or a pig tail spring with a cup on the bottom ?
Daimo B

15th Jun 07 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
I thought teh Corsa B was at its best handling at -30 to -40mm and lowering it more upsets the balance (not personnally pushed a Corsa B hard enough to notice the difference on track yet).

Or are you just aiming at a particular market who just want a cheap, decked out suspension upgrade?

??
Dave A

15th Jun 07 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
quote:

is that fixed rate and height ?

yes, its a basic kit.
Dave A

15th Jun 07 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Or are you just aiming at a particular market who just want a cheap, decked out suspension upgrade?

??

thats what the basic fixed rate kits are for, looks and a mild improvement in handling for not a lot of cash, they wont ever be fantastic for that kind of money in reality. The coilover kits will offer more but at a greater cost.
sri_davie

15th Jun 07 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id liek the threds on coilovers treaded to protect against rust, also like the colour to stand out theres tons of blacks, silver etc that just look like oe parts, proper poundage springs for the range of cars ie 1600 16v sport, 1200 8v merit etc and maybe higher poundage springs for the 2.0 corsa if you chose to cover them, supplied with top mounts with top bearing that are protected against road dust and dampness, reinforced seals so that the more enthusuastic driver aint popping them all the time

d

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » need some feedback on suspension kits (corsa B and C owners) 23 database queries in 0.1069911 seconds