corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving with front foglights on

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Driving with front foglights on
davey_jack

User status: Offline
15th Jun 07 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do people make such a fuss about it?

I was driving home earlier, had my front fogs on as it was late, and the road I was driving down was quite shit, so I put my front fogs on so I could see all the potholes etc.
Now I can understand turning them off for cars coming the other way, but this guy about a cars length in front of me kept flicking his rear fog on, which annoyed the shit out of me as I dont see how they could possibly be affecting him, as they are right at the bottom of the bumper on a corsa lowered 50mm, and he was in some shitty old standard mercedes sitting high enough so he couldn't even see my headlights in his rear view mirror. I flashed my lights at him to indicate I thought he was a complete twat and he wasnt dazzled by my foglights at all he just fancied bitching about something. He clearly still didnt get the message, and kept flicking his rear fog on and off. I was already in a bad mood by this point, so I decided to follow him with my lights on full beam He soon decided to cease acting like a complete badger

I could understand if I was further behind, but he was clearly making a fuss about nothing
Ben G

15th Jun 07 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could've caused an accident with your full beam on?

rear fog light is hardly dazzling at all. twats who put there fogs on during the day/before it even gets dark are very sad people lol.

putting fogs on hen dark isn't too bad, but they are quite dazzling, maybe he was just a stuck up cunt?
nova_gteuk

15th Jun 07 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some hid's then ful beam him next time

but to be honest,ive always thought people who drive with their fogs on are badgers,unless its foggy lol
davey_jack

15th Jun 07 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cause an accident? I seriously doubt it....if someone is that much of a tit that they stare into their rear view mirror looking at my headlights, they are clearly a danger to themselves anyway.
Yeah I used to think that about people driving with their front fogs on, but my car has quite a 'firm' ride, and its nice to avoid the shitty pot holes and save myself the hassle of shattering my wheel bearings! I think he was just a twat with nothing better to do than make a fuss about me having my front fogs on, when he must have exerted himself to spot I had them turned on!
mattk

15th Jun 07 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
Get some hid's then ful beam him next time

but to be honest,ive always thought people who drive with their fogs on are badgers,unless its foggy lol

Just gonna say that, best mod I ever did to my car HID`s
Gavin_G

15th Jun 07 at 02:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"if someone is that much of a tit that they stare into their rear view mirror looking at my headlights"

If only it was a traffic police car ahead of you
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Jun 07 at 05:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt matter how low your car is fog lights and headlights together are quite bright! annoys the fuck out of me when people drive with them on

they should only be used in low visability
Russ

15th Jun 07 at 05:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sound like a bit of a twat mate, driving one cars length from somebody, following womebody with your main beams on, and driving with your fog lights on... when its not foggy, people like you give corsa drivers bad reputations
Brett
Premium Member

15th Jun 07 at 06:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No fog = no fog lights

Relatively straight forward.
JM_16v

15th Jun 07 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
you sound like a bit of a twat mate, driving one cars length from somebody, following womebody with your main beams on, and driving with your fog lights on... when its not foggy, people like you give corsa drivers bad reputations

agreed i was thinking along the same lines, id just turn them off.
Hamish

15th Jun 07 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
No fog = no fog lights

Relatively straight forward.

Amen
sunnyb

15th Jun 07 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C*nt
Corsa E-Tec

15th Jun 07 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even tho they are low they still blind the driver infront, especailly if it was wet they reflect off the road and up.

personally when your full beams went on i would of stopped and got out!
pow
Premium Member

15th Jun 07 at 08:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front fog lights in the rain annoy me, but in tjhe dry i really dont see the problem
K2 GTi

15th Jun 07 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate people who drive with their fogs on I always whack my full beams on to remind them they're driving like a twat.
andy1868

15th Jun 07 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he clearly could see your fog lights because he put his on in annoyance, if he couldn't how would he know to put his on?

although i do hate badgers that put their fogs on in broad daylight, night time in adverse weather is fair game IMO

[Edited on 15-06-2007 by andy1868]
Kurt

15th Jun 07 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

edit>delete
topshot_2k
Banned

15th Jun 07 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davey_jack
Cause an accident? I seriously doubt it....if someone is that much of a tit that they stare into their rear view mirror looking at my headlights, they are clearly a danger to themselves anyway.
Yeah I used to think that about people driving with their front fogs on, but my car has quite a 'firm' ride, and its nice to avoid the shitty pot holes and save myself the hassle of shattering my wheel bearings! I think he was just a twat with nothing better to do than make a fuss about me having my front fogs on, when he must have exerted himself to spot I had them turned on!

you twat. if its not fggy dont use them. They are bright and just becaue they are low down doesnt mean you cant see them. unless you were 1m off his rear bumper.

Daimo B

15th Jun 07 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davey_jack

Are you for real?????????

What is a mirror, what does it do to light????

He was a twat because your fog lights were shining into his mirrors and hurting his eyes, so you went all mature and stuck your full headlight beam on.

Hmmmm, nice and mature way to drive that.

Cos driving round wiv mi fog lite on iz bo....

Fog lights are for when its foggy, not a fashion statement or to make the road view better. What a crock o sh1te, i lived in the middle of no-where and never had that issue with my Corsa B headlights at all.. I avoid pot holes, and never had any issues at all.

Aye because driving behined or on-coming of someone with full beam on won't cause the chance of an accident. What if a biker was coming the other way and you didn't see becuase your too busy try to be the man in front of another driver for getting wound up becuase the boyracer behined him is driving with the fogs on...... Ever been on a bike with someone coming towards you with full beam? Was you considering anyone else other than yourself when you acting like a boyracer?

Very ignorent, and IMO, you reacted and drove in a very immature manner....

Edit - reading the replies, glad to see others agree.

Oh, I didn't keep an "eye" on a car in the dark a fair way down the road behined me once. Then I got pulled for doing 130... So no, looking in your mirrors is dangerous and should not be done (is what your saying??)

[Edited on 15-06-2007 by VXR]
taylorboosh

15th Jun 07 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the way i see it............

fogs dont even look that cool anyway, so why have them on?

would also have much greater chance avoiding pot holes with headlights as they shine further ahead to give you greater thinking distance..............

also why are hid kits so good?

that is all
K2 GTi

15th Jun 07 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put my spot lights on when im on a dark road and there is no other cars around.
taylorboosh

15th Jun 07 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well isnt that what high beam is for k2?
K2 GTi

15th Jun 07 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but my spot lights come on lol
topshot_2k
Banned

15th Jun 07 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont see the problem with either when the road is empty and you turn them off when you meet another car/bike etc

Its just this cock that posted sitting up the arse of someone with spots on
Kurt

15th Jun 07 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

google search for foglight law came up with:

What makes front fog lights illegal?

Q What a page, a traffic cop who seems to know the law. I have been hassled left, right and centre by the Police down this way for anything and everything, yet NONE of them can give me clear answers, being specific.

My question is, what makes front fog's illgeal? I appreciate they 'may' blind over road users etc, but what specifically makes them illegal? Is it the light pattern? The brightness of the bulb? I'm trying to find out so I can make my front fogs legal, in the Road Lighting Regulation 1989, or somewhere, I have read there is nothing stating how many headlights you can have, so its not that. Where can I find out what makes a light, a fog light?

Dave O’Leary, Lowestoft

R Okay, let’s start off by defining the term ‘Front Fog Lamp’. The Roads Vehicle Lighting Regulations 1989 explains these lamps as:- ‘A lamp used to improve the illumination of the road in front of a motor vehicle in conditions of seriously reduced visibility’.

These lamps are not tested for MOT purposes however, there are regulations in regard to their fitting. The lamp has to be ‘Approved Marked’ i.e British Standard approved, with a maximum off 2 lamps per vehicle. The outer edge of the lamp must be within 400 millimetres from the outer edge of the vehicle and the light itself must be either white or yellow in colour.

The only other stipulation is that the light emitted must shine at an angle below 3% of the horizontal. That is to say, if you were to take a metre stick and hold it straight out from the position of the light, then the light should shine at angle slightly below that of the metre stick.

The main difference between a position lamp and a front fog lamp, is that there are strict guidelines in regard to the position of headlamps and the direction in which they emit their light, both of which are tested annually through the MOT testing system.

The bottom line is that, front fog lamps used in inappropriate circumstances can cause undue dazzle/momentary blindness, a situation which is highly dangerous and totally unacceptable!

Sometimes, it seems as if we are between a rock and a hard place when public opinion is divided. When our department is faced with conflicting views, we attempt to deal with the situation in a manner which is fair to both parties, having due regard to the restraints of the law.

found on another page that you can get upto 3 points for driving with them on, still cool?

[Edited on 15-06-2007 by Kurt]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving with front foglights on 22 database queries in 0.1914430 seconds