corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Yes/No Leon Cupra R 225??

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Yes/No Leon Cupra R 225??
Colin

User status: Offline
12th Jun 07 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gunzi
Does it have to be a FWD hatch for ~£15k?

For example R33 GTR's are £10k-£15k and have far more presence and tunability (if thats your bag) than any of the FWD hatches mentioned.

A Nissan 350Z is also easily in your price range.

Other than that Supra TT, last of line 200SX, Pulsar GTiR (if you want a hatch) or MR2 TT and be left with a lot of change for proper tuning

There all old cars though Excluding the 350Z, & I think theres better available tbh
whitter45

13th Jun 07 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
we owned one in my mates revo'd ibiza last night, personally id go for a ibiza

Owned one? you sure it was an R? if he was revod he would have made you look like a pair of afghans in a golf kart.

I raced an standard octavia VRS (same engine, turbo IC as normal leon cupra) in my remapped ibiza that was making 210 and i only just edged past him.
revo stage 1? what other mods? still on standard K03?

You would need a K03S, revo stage 2 and a few supporting mods to be in with a chance of 'owning' one.

The weight difference is not as much as you would expect, dont forget the leon is the golf platform and not a big ass car so to speak plus take remap figures on an ibiza with standard K03 with a pinch of salt as they are 'peak' figures. the K03S really makes a difference, vastly superior powerband with boost to the redline.

so true

I know a lad who has APR stage 2 on his Ibiza and i can keep up with him and my car is not remapped

Personally I would go with the S3 but Leon CR is a very good car
Filby1

13th Jun 07 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The older S3 with the same engine in (225), really does look poor, looks so dated now the new range has the better looking grill..

I also really love the megane, but french no way not after th odd way round things are with the 106 Gti, very odd people the french. sorry to say but a french motor never again for me.

Gona be an 05 Cupra R 225 for me im thinking.

And i cant wait
Dee
Banned

13th Jun 07 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will it have Bilstein shocks with Eibach springs?
Joe

13th Jun 07 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Filby1
The older S3 with the same engine in (225), really does look poor, looks so dated now the new range has the better looking grill..

Gona be an 05 Cupra R 225 for me im thinking.

And i cant wait

The S3 hardly looks poor, looks great if you ask me. Also at least it has the right amount of doors and a decent interior compared to the Seat
SetH

13th Jun 07 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seats interior is definately its bad point, although you cant deny the materials are good quality and its well built and perfectly functional, just not asthetically pleasing imo.
Joe

13th Jun 07 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think the materials are even that great. We have a couple of Leon's for sale at work at the minute and to sit in, my S3 is miles ahead.
Nobber

13th Jun 07 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Leon and the A3/S3 share interior components, mainly the dash! But yes because Pedro nailed it together rather than Klaus it's not always as good.
whitter45

13th Jun 07 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seat is very bland inside in comparison to the S3
royvious

13th Jun 07 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seat/ skoda = poor man's VW! Audi in premer league! Far classier than seat and skoda!!!
Dee
Banned

13th Jun 07 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you want a Leon when you already have the supercar of everyones dreams, the 106 GTi, no point upgrading to a Porsche GT3, you own a 106 GTi, nothing is better than that.
SetH

13th Jun 07 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by royvious
Seat/ skoda = poor man's VW! Audi in premer league! Far classier than seat and skoda!!!

what?

have you ever owned any recent VAG cars or are you an "internet warrior other persons comments assimilator?"

There was absolutely no difference in build quality & finish when comparing my old octavia VRS with my girlfriends Golf GT TDI.

Comparing my leon now with my gfriends golf the only thing that in your terms makes the seat 'poor mans' is that the quality of the interior plastics is not quite up to the standard of the golf.

Seat offers sportier packages for less money, leons based on the golf platform, same 1.8T engine in the equivalent audi/vw's. How is it poor mans? again the only thing i have noticed from "Real life experience of driving/owning these cars is that the dash plastics are not as good as VW/Audi but not exactly leagues below either.

Worth noting the mk 1 Octavia VRS interior is fcuking awesome imo.

End of the day with badge snobbery and people with your attitude its ultimately YOU that loses out. You get a great spec with the skoda VRS models for less money then the VW/Audi equivalents, and you get a sportier package again for less money with the SEAT cars.

I looked at golf 4 motion, bora V5, A4 1.8T Sport before settling on a leon cupra as for me it was a better overall package, i dont care about the badge they are all the same frigging parts.
Dione J

13th Jun 07 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Filby1

14th Jun 07 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me Thinking Dee = OjC?? As im only a poor member now im stuck in this chat room so i cant find out for sure
gunzi

14th Jun 07 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Does it have to be a FWD hatch for ~£15k?

For example R33 GTR's are £10k-£15k and have far more presence and tunability (if thats your bag) than any of the FWD hatches mentioned.

A Nissan 350Z is also easily in your price range.

Other than that Supra TT, last of line 200SX, Pulsar GTiR (if you want a hatch) or MR2 TT and be left with a lot of change for proper tuning

There all old cars though Excluding the 350Z, & I think theres better available tbh

That's fair enough,each to their own. I couldn't bring myself to spend that sort of cash on a FWD car....

RX8, S2000?
Dione J

14th Jun 07 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Filby1
Me Thinking Dee = OjC?? As im only a poor member now im stuck in this chat room so i cant find out for sure

Filby1

14th Jun 07 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do like the Pz RX8 not the other ones and iv never liked the S2000 but i know there a good car.

The only big problems im having is the Ins Grp 20 on the 4wd cars such as the Sti's and R34's its a real killer for me and my 20 yr old gall they wont have her insured on it till she over 21 and then im sure the price is high.

As what i would really want is is an Imported JDM 2004 WRX STI in white.. seen them love them can afford the car but the the insurence
Filby1

14th Jun 07 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry im a little slow. In regards to the Ojc thing
Dee
Banned

14th Jun 07 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a kevlar bonnet.
Fro

14th Jun 07 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gunzi

14th Jun 07 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Info taken from Parkers website:

RX8 = IG15-17
Leon Cupra R = IG17
S2000 = IG20
Audi S3 = IG17
350Z = IG18
Golf R32 = IG18
Focus RS = IG16
Rob B

14th Jun 07 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
we owned one in my mates revo'd ibiza last night, personally id go for a ibiza

Owned one? you sure it was an R? if he was revod he would have made you look like a pair of afghans in a golf kart.

I raced an standard octavia VRS (same engine, turbo IC as normal leon cupra) in my remapped ibiza that was making 210 and i only just edged past him.
revo stage 1? what other mods? still on standard K03?

You would need a K03S, revo stage 2 and a few supporting mods to be in with a chance of 'owning' one.

The weight difference is not as much as you would expect, dont forget the leon is the golf platform and not a big ass car so to speak plus take remap figures on an ibiza with standard K03 with a pinch of salt as they are 'peak' figures. the K03S really makes a difference, vastly superior powerband with boost to the redline.

Yes im sure, for one it was my mates ibiza and my mates leon ...

And ok i wouldnt say owned, but it was very easy to pull on...

ibiza

And this leon R

Nobber

14th Jun 07 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quality wise inside, i'd say the Leon is way ahead of the Ibiza. I can quite easily say this having owned both R versions!

As for other hot hatch's in the price bracket it's a very age old argument really and at the end of the day is down to personal prefrence. I'll sit on the fence with this one as the Leon was best suited to what i wanted at the time.

In my honest opinion though the Leon/Octavia i wouldn't class as a hot hatch anyway as they have too many doors.
Cupra Steve
Banned

14th Jun 07 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
I'd much prefer to have an ibiza cupra or astra gsi and have cash to spend on mods. All same sort of age and all as respectable as eachother. Thats my choice though.
whitter45

14th Jun 07 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Info taken from Parkers website:

RX8 = IG15-17
Leon Cupra R = IG17
S2000 = IG20
Audi S3 = IG17
350Z = IG18
Golf R32 = IG18
Focus RS = IG16

Means nothing. My TT is 18 and a CTR was 17 but they would not insure me on the CTR

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Yes/No Leon Cupra R 225?? 22 database queries in 0.1872749 seconds