corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Video Editing Software, HELP!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Video Editing Software, HELP!
Leo_Foci

User status: Offline
11th Jun 07 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi people

I'm trying to edit a few video's i've done for meets over the past few months, now been a virgin to video editing i thought it cant be that hard so thought i'd have a pop!

A pop it is aswell, i'm slowing losing the will to live with this now.

I have a video which needs serious editing i have the good old standard Windows Movie Maker and PVR Plus Honestech MPEG Editor.

Well blow me these programs are rubbish!!

Pro's and Con's of both

Window's Movie Maker - Pro's: Ok easy on the eye, looks simple enough to use. Like the look of the storyboard at the bottom. Con's: How the hell you cut and merge the clips i want, GOD KNOWS
Honestech MPEG Editor - Pro's: Again easy on the eye, nice and simple to use, can cut and merge. Con's: Actually coming to merge the clips i've cut together it asks me what output i want Fast MPEG, MPEG 1, MPEG 2, DVD etc and then it crashes after so long of merging using one of the selected outputs!

Now is it something i'm doing wrong because i just cant get to grips with it at all. Its took me 2 months just to be able to find a software what likes the video.

Can someone advise on what i can do or shall i just scrap it? I'd like the honor of doing the video myself as its something i'd like to know for future reference.

Thanks

*At the end of her tether*
Leo
drax

11th Jun 07 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you cant work out how to use windows movie maker, theres not much point me suggesting other software.

But id recommend adobe premiere and after effects. Neither are cheap, neither are userfriendly, but both combined give brillient editing qualities
liamC

11th Jun 07 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adobe Premiere
Adobe After Effects
Leo_Foci

11th Jun 07 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the first time i've tried using Window's Movie Maker tonight, you have to play and pause bits dont you?

But then when i'm putting them in the storyboard it crashes and doesnt respond.
drax

11th Jun 07 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you havnt already, try and upgrade to windows movie maker 2, i remember the original version crashing on me, 2nd version was much better
jay kay

12th Jun 07 at 02:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FINAL CUT PRO

thank you

New Poll