corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Major Rebuild - Project Red Devil C20XE ** Updated 17th June **

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Major Rebuild - Project Red Devil C20XE ** Updated 17th June **
bainzy

User status: Offline
   6th Jun 07 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello everyone,

Well i have finally picked up my project motor. This car has cost me £50, its a runner with nothing wrong with it apart from bad paint and a battered old interiour.

The engine has minor problems but nothing that cant be fixed by a new engine .

Anyway she is a 1.2 8v rather dull, but its a loverley base for Project Red Devil , here are some pictures :

As you can see by the pictures, its in desperate need of a full re-build. And thats exactly what its going to get.

Im going on holiday today for a week, but when i get back i will continue this project log.

First thing im doing on this car is gutting everything but the stearing wheel. The engine is coming out and going to scrap yard, then all the engine bay is getting de-greased and cleaned up, as is the underside of the car and anything else that comes up.

When im back to metal its getting picked up and off to a body shop for a true strip down to bare metal and a full respray keeping the red i think, its either red or sunburnt gold, i can't decide at the moment.

As for styling im going with a nice smoothed gsi front and rear but have not decided on the skirts as of yet. Badboy bonnet and a smooth boot i think are in order for this.

Interiour is going to be full leather matching the outside, there will be alot of custom work on the interior though on this.

Engine is going to be a 2 litre but with some intresting customisation but i aint saying nothing more on this one.

So what you all think of the £50 red shed

Chris

[Edited on 16-06-2007 by bainzy]

[Edited on 17-06-2007 by bainzy]

[Edited on 18-06-2007 by bainzy]
Robin
Premium Member

6th Jun 07 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good for £50
liamrusuk

6th Jun 07 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bargain caint wait to see progress
marklawton

6th Jun 07 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plans sound nice, a semi-smooth boot might look better then a full smooth boot if you getting gsi bumpers
bainzy

6th Jun 07 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

humm aint thought of that to be honest ... might only do a semi smooth then.
STEvieXE

6th Jun 07 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck with it
xtremewheels

6th Jun 07 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good look with it

Will keep an eye on this one
bainzy

16th Jun 07 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey everyone,

Right made a satrs on the project today, finally got round to starting to strip out the old block and strip the wings down ready for preperation for the body shop.

Here is todays project pics :

Rust that needs to be grinded away and treated befor the spray shop.

Unfort i was rained off and had to wrap the car up as there is no wings on it at the moment and i dont want more rust lol.

If anyone would like any parts off this 1.2 lump let me know what part and we can sort out the pricing and everything.

Thats it for today more tomorrow.
bainzy

17th Jun 07 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sunday 17th June :-

More work today had a few friends helping me along the way aswel.

Here is todays progress pics :-

As you can see the engine is nearly to bits now, all thats left now is the gearbox and main lump.

I am picking up the engine crain to get the lump out tomorrow so i should have some more progress for you all for tomorrow night.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Major Rebuild - Project Red Devil C20XE ** Updated 17th June ** 23 database queries in 0.0145140 seconds