corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Estonia vs England - Build up and Banter

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Estonia vs England - Build up and Banter
Cosmo

User status: Offline
7th Jun 07 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some rag like that Nath.
corsaaa_16v

7th Jun 07 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lampard didnt play well but didnt play badly, hell never be the player he is for Chelsea because chelsea build there team round him, and he plays behind one striker rather than two so has more space. I think its disgusting that England fans can so blatantly boo an England player who is representing our country. Its the manager who should be booed, as he enables them to play poor by playing them out of position, I think the only way England could play Lampard and Gerrard together is if we played one up front, e.g.

Robinson

Neville Rio Terry A.Cole

Hargreaves

Gerrard Lampard

Lennon J.Cole

Rooney

Having said that, you would then have to drop Beckham, because it that formation, you need to play to out and out attacking wingers like Ronaldo and Giggs at Utd or Robben and Cole at Chelsea

Personally I would have Hargreaves and Gerrard in midfield with Gerrard complimenting Rooney and Owen in attack, with J.Cole and Beckham on the wings, but would definately have Lampard, Crouch and Lennon on the bench as impact subs if we need to change the game

[Edited on 07-06-2007 by corsaaa_16v]
Cosmo

7th Jun 07 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v
I think its disgusting that England fans can so blatantly boo an England player who is representing our country. Its the manager who should be booed, as he enables them to play poor by playing them out of position,

FPMSL. Since when has he played Lampard out of position.

He has been given every opportunity (too many?!) playing as an attacking midfielder to put in a good performance. He has continually dropped Gerrard deeper (even after he single-handedly kept McLaren in his job whilst Lampard was injured against Andorra), so IMO the fans are the ones paying the money to watch that shite so can boo him if they want!
corsaaa_16v

7th Jun 07 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
there was a few questions about certain players, but overall a good solid win by england.

England rated 8th in world, Estonia 110th....TBH we should be obliterating that team 5,6,7-0, especially considering they didnt put 11 men behind the ball and we had a lot of space to attack.

Never gonna happen mate, you dont often win 5, 6, 7-0 anymore, especially not away from home

In games like that a win and a clean sheet is all you can ask for!! Yes its nice to have a fluent perfromance and loadsa goals, etc, but it doesnt always happen like that

Look at italys last two results 2-1 faroe islands and 1-0 lithuania and there supposed to be world champions

I think people need to lower their expectations and realise that sometimes you do play shit, but at International level, any win is a good win

Ps I do agree that England havent performed as well as they can for a while, before anyoen says they always play shit
corsaaa_16v

7th Jun 07 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
I think its disgusting that England fans can so blatantly boo an England player who is representing our country. Its the manager who should be booed, as he enables them to play poor by playing them out of position,

FPMSL. Since when has he played Lampard out of position.

He has been given every opportunity (too many?!) playing as an attacking midfielder to put in a good performance. He has continually dropped Gerrard deeper (even after he single-handedly kept McLaren in his job whilst Lampard was injured against Andorra), so IMO the fans are the ones paying the money to watch that shite so can boo him if they want!

I didnt say they couldnt boo him, I just think anyone booing an England player is wrong, we all want England to do well, and when they are stumblin thats when they need our support. Your comment above proves why England will probably never win World Cup, etc

Look at Ronaldinho on Friday, he was probably worse than Lampard, but you think Brazil fans boo him??

He hasnt played in his position because Chelsea play 4-3-3 with him as the focal point of the Midfield 3, England play 4-4-2 so how can you say hes playing in his position?? However, I agree he has been well below par for sometime now, and I would agree Hragreaves and Gerrard is a better combination, but he still has the ability to score a goal or change a game, which is why I would definately have him on the bench as an impact sub
Cosmo

7th Jun 07 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think people need to lower their expectations and realise that sometimes you do play shit, but at International level, any win is a good win

Ps I do agree that England havent performed as well as they can for a while, before anyoen says they always play shit

thankyou for writing my reply.

I agree a win is a win, but if you intend to be one of the top teams in the world (which we should) then it just isnt good enough to ALWAYS scrape a win playing badly.
Cosmo

7th Jun 07 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Your comment above proves why England will probably never win World Cup, etc

We wont win because of players not playing well and a manager not putting them where they should be. The boo'ing comes because of this, it doesnt come first! And your telling me without the boo'ing we would be playing great football now...not so sure on that!!

quote:

Look at Ronaldinho on Friday, he was probably worse than Lampard, but you think Brazil fans boo him??

Yes, but its one game for him. Not like Lampard has been in form for ages and this was a one off now was it.

quote:

He hasnt played in his position because Chelsea play 4-3-3 with him as the focal point of the Midfield 3, England play 4-4-2 so how can you say hes playing in his position??

So someone who is classed as 'one of the best midfielders in the world' can only play in a 4-3-3 role, and if put in a 4-4-2 then he suddenly becomes shite?
corsaaa_16v

7th Jun 07 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they didnt play badly last night, they just didnt play to there best abilities.
Once again Ill point out Italys last 2 results and also the fact that they won the World Cup without playing aswell as they could
corsaaa_16v

7th Jun 07 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt say he can only play in a 4-3-3 role, I said thats where his position is for Chelsea and you said hes playing in his position for England

However, I think we both agree the best midifield 2 is Hargreaves/Gerrard

No matter how shit England are playing or my club team, I will never boo them!!

As for your point about if they werent booing, we'd be playing better, I actually do think if they were getting support, then would be playing with freedom rather than being scared of making mistakes coz they know theyl get slated
Cosmo

7th Jun 07 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
they didnt play badly last night, they just didnt play to there best abilities.
Once again Ill point out Italys last 2 results and also the fact that they won the World Cup without playing aswell as they could

but they did win the world cup...we didnt. So if they get boo'd they can just point out that they are the world champs, we cant! So it has little impact on this current England team and form!
Cosmo

7th Jun 07 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I didnt say he can only play in a 4-3-3 role, I said thats where his position is for Chelsea and you said hes playing in his position for England

No matter how shit England are playing or my club team, I will never boo them!!

He is playing an attacking midfield role, so not exactly in a great difference of position. And its not like Chelsea havent played 4-4-2 this season a fair amount either.

And I would never boo Liverpool, I wouldn England though as these are a collection of the BEST players in the world and should be able to put in a top performance when asked!
corsaaa_16v

7th Jun 07 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree they shoudl be able to put a top performance in, but by putting the best players in a team, you dont get the best team
I agree with you that England have massively underperformed since Ive been watching them, but until the manager and players have genuine backing, they wont win anything!! However it would be a good start to have at least a semi-decent manager
Cosmo

7th Jun 07 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I agree they shoudl be able to put a top performance in, but by putting the best players in a team, you dont get the best team
I agree with you that England have massively underperformed since Ive been watching them, but until the manager and players have genuine backing, they wont win anything!! However it would be a good start to have at least a semi-decent manager

No, I agree just putting a load of great players together doesnt make a great team (Real found this out!), but you'd expect a good performance from a player atleast once in the number of games he has been shite in or be dropped (which isnt his fault I know, but the boo'ing can also be a sign to the divvy manager too!)

Irregardless though, agreed on the last line!!
corsaaa_16v

7th Jun 07 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree on the Lampard factor mate, but I think its McLaren, if Lampard is playing poor, he should be dropped and Im sure he accepts that, but if McLaren keeps playing him, it will make it worse as he will get more and more abuse

He wants to play for England, but any player realises if they are playing poor, they deserve to be dropped, and I bet Lampard understands that, but if he gets picked he has to play. Dropping him coudl do him good as he wiill then have something to prove!! At the moment, he's probably coasting and thinking, god Im playing poorly but still being picked!!

[Edited on 07-06-2007 by corsaaa_16v]
corsaaa_16v

7th Jun 07 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO, Englands best 11 at this moment, if everyone is fit would be:

Robinson
Neville (2 out of Terry, Rio and Woodgate) A.Cole
Beckham Hargreaves Gerrard J.Cole
Rooney
Owen
Nath

7th Jun 07 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
IMO, Englands best 11 at this moment, if everyone is fit would be:

Robinson
Neville (2 out of Terry, Rio and Woodgate) A.Cole
Beckham Hargreaves Gerrard J.Cole
Rooney
Owen

I'd go with that.
Cosmo

7th Jun 07 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

----------------------Carson-----------------------
Richards--------Terry---------Carra-------Cole
Beckham----Gerrard-----Hargreaves----Cole
----------Rooney---------Owen/Crouch--------
Nath

7th Jun 07 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Richards instead of Gary Neville? No way. Maybe in 2/3 years.
Cosmo

7th Jun 07 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

At the moment Neville is fucked. And think you will find against a decent left winger he will struggle to defend against him. Do agree though.
Nath

7th Jun 07 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

At the moment Neville is fucked. And think you will find against a decent left winger he will struggle to defend against him. Do agree though.

For me its more a case of Richards not quite being up to that level yet. So in 2/3 years it could work out well with Neville getting old, and Richards hitting his peak.
corsaaa_16v

7th Jun 07 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

100% agree mate

Also think there is a little bit of biased in Cosmos point of havign Carragher at CB as dont think he is in the same League as Rio or Woodgate at International level, however he is an excellent Premiership defender, I think Terry is in the team for the qualities Carragher has (throwing body on line, etc) and I would say you need a Woodgate/Rio alongside Terry for composure on ball, and that little bit of extra pace
Cosmo

7th Jun 07 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Also think there is a little bit of biased in Cosmos point of havign Carragher at CB as dont think he is in the same League as Rio or Woodgate at International level, however he is an excellent Premiership defender, I think Terry is in the team for the qualities Carragher has (throwing body on line, etc) and I would say you need a Woodgate/Rio alongside Terry for composure on ball, and that little bit of extra pace

I can agree with Rio pushing Carra for his place. But Woodgate, come on
corsaaa_16v

7th Jun 07 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just think Carragher is a lesser version of Terry (blood and guts defender who will throw himself infront of a brick wall for his team) but IMO you need someone with a bit of class and composure alongside a defender like that (similar to Cannavaro/Nesta back in their prime)

I would go for Rio/Terry at the mo, but I think Woodgate will be pushing hard next season if he can keep up with his fitness, because on his day, he is World Class
Marc

7th Jun 07 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How good was Beckham last night! All 3 goals came from him, and the free kicks and shot he had wern't that far off and he had every right to go for it. Legend.

Owen was crap, hardly noticed he was there, fair enough he scored but he hardly put a performance in!

Class goal from Cole too.
Cosmo

7th Jun 07 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Owen was crap, hardly noticed he was there, fair enough he scored but he hardly put a performance in!

Didnt think he meant that finish either

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Estonia vs England - Build up and Banter 23 database queries in 0.0214422 seconds