corsasport.co.uk
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » opinions


New Topic

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.


Author opinions
JayT
Member

Registered: 26th Jul 06
Location: Stoke On Trent
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are your opinions on what could be done to improve the back of my car. it looks like its missing something.



i have a spoiler which i think i might fit, and im thinking of an oval exhaust?
Anyone got any ideas?
Mark1984_SRI
Member

Registered: 7th Feb 06
Location: Preston
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Semi smooth boot and (the spoiler which you mentioned) would be nice. Since you've de-badged it, a semi smooth boot would complete the look of the rear. The exhaust which is on looks fine to me mate
jazzer2k3
Member

Registered: 24th May 03
Location: **SHEFFIELD**
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, exactly wot u said in ur other post ...

GSI spoiler, Smoked rear lights, maybe oval exhaust *Thats more ur opinion*

Maybe semi-smooth boot ?
mattk
Member

Registered: 27th Feb 06
Location: St. Helens
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you still have this car?? thought you had a saxo furio
JayT
Member

Registered: 26th Jul 06
Location: Stoke On Trent
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark1984_SRI
Semi smooth boot and (the spoiler which you mentioned) would be nice. Since you've de-badged it, a semi smooth boot would complete the look of the rear. The exhaust which is on looks fine to me mate


How much would it cost roughly to semi-smooth the boot?
JayT
Member

Registered: 26th Jul 06
Location: Stoke On Trent
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah my brother has it hes wanting some opinions
Mark1984_SRI
Member

Registered: 7th Feb 06
Location: Preston
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayT
quote:
Originally posted by Mark1984_SRI
Semi smooth boot and (the spoiler which you mentioned) would be nice. Since you've de-badged it, a semi smooth boot would complete the look of the rear. The exhaust which is on looks fine to me mate


How much would it cost roughly to semi-smooth the boot?


Not sure tbh mate, but the money you'd save by not getting lights and a new exhaust should easily cover most of it

It just seems you've de-badged it and the back has a smooth look to it, and the wiper kind of stands out imo. Get rid of that and the bootlock and you're onto a winner imo
MatthewR
Member

Registered: 21st Oct 02
Location: Rickmansworth
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gm spoiler 4shower
JayT
Member

Registered: 26th Jul 06
Location: Stoke On Trent
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark1984_SRI
quote:
Originally posted by JayT
quote:
Originally posted by Mark1984_SRI
Semi smooth boot and (the spoiler which you mentioned) would be nice. Since you've de-badged it, a semi smooth boot would complete the look of the rear. The exhaust which is on looks fine to me mate


How much would it cost roughly to semi-smooth the boot?


Not sure tbh mate, but the money you'd save by not getting lights and a new exhaust should easily cover most of it

It just seems you've de-badged it and the back has a smooth look to it, and the wiper kind of stands out imo. Get rid of that and the bootlock and you're onto a winner imo


not buying smoked lights would save me a bit as i was thinking of buying some which would probably cost a bit if i found some,
ive got around 300 to spare so i thought i might improve my car a bit,

keep the opinions coming please
Toby
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 29th Nov 05
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spoiler, semi smooth and smoked lights
Colin
Member

Registered: 4th Apr 02
Location: Drives a hire car
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks fine as it is, I wouldnt change anything tbh
JayT
Member

Registered: 26th Jul 06
Location: Stoke On Trent
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Looks fine as it is, I wouldnt change anything tbh


i think that sometimes but sometimes i think its in need of something.

[Edited on 02-06-2007 by JayT]
Colin
Member

Registered: 4th Apr 02
Location: Drives a hire car
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt throw money at it just for the sake of it
Mark1984_SRI
Member

Registered: 7th Feb 06
Location: Preston
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I wouldnt throw money at it just for the sake of it


Good point But we've all done it
Colin
Member

Registered: 4th Apr 02
Location: Drives a hire car
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark1984_SRI
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I wouldnt throw money at it just for the sake of it


Good point But we've all done it


Then regretted it
JayT
Member

Registered: 26th Jul 06
Location: Stoke On Trent
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I wouldnt throw money at it just for the sake of it


who said i was spending money for the sake of it
got a bit of money spare so why not.
Colin
Member

Registered: 4th Apr 02
Location: Drives a hire car
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayT
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I wouldnt throw money at it just for the sake of it


who said i was spending money for the sake of it
got a bit of money spare so why not.


It looks ok just now - doesnt really need anything so its spending money for the sake of spending money.....in my eyes at least. Its your decision though but you did ask - do as you wish
Mark1984_SRI
Member

Registered: 7th Feb 06
Location: Preston
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayT
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I wouldnt throw money at it just for the sake of it


who said i was spending money for the sake of it
got a bit of money spare so why not.


Makes perfect sense mate if that's what you want to do. Honestly though with 300 right now if i was you i'd mabe get the bumpers smoothed and sprayed, and get some lowering springs maybe, or go for the smooth boot. Totally up to you fella.


(Personally if i had 300 spare, i'd go and book a last minute holiday to Greece )
JayT
Member

Registered: 26th Jul 06
Location: Stoke On Trent
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol thanks for your opinion anyway
JayT
Member

Registered: 26th Jul 06
Location: Stoke On Trent
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i was thinking of getting the arches and bumpers colour coded but i dont know how much it would cost,
Mark1984_SRI
Member

Registered: 7th Feb 06
Location: Preston
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayT
yeah i was thinking of getting the arches and bumpers colour coded but i dont know how much it would cost,


Have you tried your local bodyshops? Go and get a quote, tell them you're on a bidget but don't state how much money you have And get some lowering springs, your car will look totally different after that
corsa-s-wales
Member

Registered: 6th Apr 07
Location: caerphilly
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the spoiler fitted and remove the badge on the boot lock job done.wouldnt bother with getting it semi smothed unless you got some rust strarting which normally happens by the wiper arm
JayT
Member

Registered: 26th Jul 06
Location: Stoke On Trent
User status: Offline
2nd Jun 07 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any other opinions
JayT
Member

Registered: 26th Jul 06
Location: Stoke On Trent
User status: Offline
3rd Jun 07 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any other thoughts to what can be done please
Haimsey
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 8th May 05
Location: Nottingham Drives: Corsa B
User status: Offline
3rd Jun 07 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote



spoiler maybe?

some sort of aerial?

[Edited on 03-06-2007 by Haimsey]


Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread

 
New Topic

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » opinions 23 database queries in 0.0175130 seconds