corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » nice nova on ebay

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author nice nova on ebay
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 07 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf are you on about? yes the jenveys have no flaps as he is using and adjustable throttle pot? are you fuckin pissed mate?

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Rick Draper

3rd Jun 07 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
wtf are you on about? yes the jenveys have no flaps as he is using and adjustable throttle pot? are you fuckin pissed mate?

It runs a single throttle body off a cosworth you fucking cretin, that is the only thing controling the airflow into the plenium. Look where the throttle cablke goes to. Clearly you have little or no knowledge of cars. Twat
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It definitely only has one TB.
Ste
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
Originally posted by Dan Lewis
throttle bodied turbo :s

No its not.

now you are saying it does have a throttle body. make you mind up.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Rick Draper

3rd Jun 07 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every car has a throttle body you fucking dick. This one has one throttle body and not throttle bodies.

FFS its like the special olympics with tossers like you on here with no mechanical knowledge at all.
Ste
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Every car has a throttle body you fucking dick. This one has one throttle body and not throttle bodies.

FFS its like the special olympics with tossers like you on here with no mechanical knowledge at all.

every car has a throttle body huh?

my 306 d turbo doesn't.

my kit car doesn't and thats a c20xe

and less of the personal abuse, this isnt allowed ok?

Rick Draper

3rd Jun 07 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every car has some form of throttle flap on the intake. To control airflow. Clearly you just pay garages to sort your cars out. Why dont you go ask them for a explanation of how a engine works tomorrow at 0900hrs.

I feel that might be far more worthwhile than me wasting my time replying to someone who does not understand the basic principals of a car engine. Next you will be telling me your cars dont have cylinder heads, pistons or valves and it runs a flux capacitor. Good night.
Ian S

3rd Jun 07 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

every car has a throttle body huh?

my 306 d turbo doesn't.

my kit car doesn't and thats a c20xe

and less of the personal abuse, this isnt allowed ok?

Actually they will have
Ste
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

show me on my diesel please. oh and the xe, that has a carb, technically not a throttle body

Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His C20XE won't have a throttle body by defnition, as it's carbed. (although it still has a body of metal with a throttle in it)

Still, this has turned in to a stupid arguement.

Ste, the lad who you first quoted would likely have meant that it had multi throttles, as that's what most people mean when they say 'throttle bodied'

[Edited on 03-06-2007 by Robin]
Rick Draper

3rd Jun 07 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But a carb still has a throttle flap and the only difference between a throttle body and a carb is the way the fuel is delivered. So clearly it does still run a throttle body and fuel is delivered by jets and not injectors.

[Edited on 03-06-2007 by Rick Draper]
Ste
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 23:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robin, i know, i have said all along it has a throttle body. ricky said it doesn't and is now back tracking and trying to be a smart arse. Patronising me about my knowledge of mechanics is a bit petty when you can clearly see the throttle body in the picture too!!

[Edited on 03-06-2007 by Ste W]

ChrisBoom

3rd Jun 07 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So they guy is using the "casings" as such of the throttle bodies "Jenvey 60mm throttle bodies without flaps", so I assume hes using them like a inlet manifold? Then the metal box on top is like a powerbox on a C16XE? Thus using a throttle single throttle body, like any other car, rather than throttle bodies?

Confused with this one
Rick Draper

3rd Jun 07 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Robin, i know, i have said all along it has a throttle body. ricky said it doesn't and is now back tracking and trying to be a smart arse. Patronising me about my knowledge of mechanics is a bit petty when you can clearly see the throttle body in the picture too!!

[Edited on 03-06-2007 by Ste W]

AT LONG LAST. HOW LONG DID THAT TAKE YOU??? I have satated from the start it runs a THROTTLE BODY not THROTTLE BODIES.
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 23:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, yes, it has A throttle body, but that's not what the lad meant, and presumably, that's what Rick was getting at, because you'd agreed (I know it has one, don't bite my head off)

All just seems like a big misunderstanding, Rick just thought you were talking about multi throttles I guess.

Also, it was you who insulted him first, maybe (if you read your post, it can be read as an insult)

Pointless argument all the same.
Rick Draper

3rd Jun 07 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
So they guy is using the "casings" as such of the throttle bodies "Jenvey 60mm throttle bodies without flaps", so I assume hes using them like a inlet manifold? Then the metal box on top is like a powerbox on a C16XE? Thus using a throttle single throttle body, like any other car, rather than throttle bodies?

Confused with this one

Correct, just bare case's with no form of air control inside them. Like i said from the start it runs a single throttle body not throttle bodies.
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Confused with this one

Yes.
ChrisBoom

3rd Jun 07 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh, i get it. Why not just use proper throttle bodies, and do away with the single cosworth one?
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 23:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea TBH
Ste
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 23:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to end this arguement, i never abused him, asking if he is pissed is a bit different to calling him a twat or a tosser.
the original phrase was,
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dan Lewis
throttle bodied turbo :s

No its not.

now to me, rick is saying it doesn,t have a throttle body, since when does 'bodied' only imply the plural, i would class myself as 'able bodied' and i only have one body. so rick originally stated it doesnt have a throttle body, i posted a quote from the advert that said it had a cosworth throttle body,(with the flap). he disputed this fact, then changed his mind.

Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 23:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'bodied' doesn't only imply the plural, just when people on here say it, they generally mean one per cylinder, not one per engine, hence the confusion.

Rick probably only said 'No its not' as he assumed this.
ChrisBoom

3rd Jun 07 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO, rick was meaning it wasnt on throttle bodies, as in the proper proper throttle bodies, not some old throttle body off an old ford
ChrisBoom

3rd Jun 07 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
'bodied' doesn't only imply the plural, just when people on here say it, they generally mean one per cylinder, not one per engine, hence the confusion.

What he said
Ste
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 23:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ahh, i get it. Why not just use proper throttle bodies, and do away with the single cosworth one?

multi throttle bodies for n/a engines help as more air can flow through them, when it is turbo'd the air is compressed as it enters the head so it is more eficient to use a single flap to control the air flow as the amount of air entering it is controlled by how much boost the turbo is set to deliver, more pressure = more air + more fuel = more power.
the jenveys are just acting as inlet manifold as they are an eficient design.

Ste
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin

assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » nice nova on ebay 23 database queries in 0.1041281 seconds