corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dash dimmer gone pop?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dash dimmer gone pop?
Ben ev

User status: Offline
29th May 07 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i shorted my gauge bulbs out which are wired to a live from the other dash lights. now the dimmer switch dosnt work properly. if right up then its on but as soon as i try to put the slightest dim on by turning the wheel all the lights on the dash go out. is there some kind of fuse etc or is the switch shot/any other ideas?
Teknologikal

29th May 07 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this problem mate and ended up replacing the switch itself. It works by turning a contact on a little PCB that changes the resistance so if the contact is knackered (eg. contaminated with dirt, PCB broken) they may only work in one position. Source a new switch from the scrappies and replace it, should only cost a tenner at most.

My PCB was snapped hence the cause of my issues.....quite annoying when night driving as the slightest bump can knock them off again if you've twiddled with it enough to get it working
Ben ev

30th May 07 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as i thought. be up the scrappy tomorow
Ben ev

13th Jun 07 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

replaced the switch today and all is well

New Poll