corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » 1st time renting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1st time renting
nathy_87

User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sometime after August as we got a holiday coming up. What is there to look out for like any cons etc, Im in a fulltime job however my gf is just finishing college doing her exams, but on the better note she has applied for BT and its a good sign so far she has heard a reply from them so hopefully she be starting there, we'll be looking to move to Birmingham (my home town) so im pleased about that, jut wondring if anybody had any tips or could tell me what to look out for?

cheers.

Please no daft comments etc save them for OffDay/G.Chat
hack3tt

16th May 07 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh nath not really anything to say to look out for just common snese!!
Look out for the anything out of the ordinary. With renting its not as much of a big deal and buying as if there is a serious problem you can just leave explaining your reasons!

I rent atm and the best advice i could give is go through an agency not direct to a landlord as then you know who you are dealing with and all querries will be sorted quicker.
At least in my experience anyway.

Good luck with the search!

Be ready to spend a hell of a lot of money at the start though, deposit, first months rent and house stuff costs a fortune!!
deano87

16th May 07 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're on a tight budget, try and get somewhere inclusive of bills.

If you can't find anywhere like that, pay all your utility bills and TV licence at the PayPoint places in convenience stores etc, so it's like 'pay as you go'!

Don't forget monthly council tax either
Cosmo

16th May 07 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rent is dead money, may aswell throw it away TBH. If you can stay somewhere cheap )or free) whilst you save up a deposit then get yourself a mortgage and onto the property ladder.

New Poll