corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » State of britains roads and Driving me Crazy

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author State of britains roads and Driving me Crazy
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th May 07 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did anyone see these programs last night?

First up, Driving me Crazy, was about 4x4 owners and the general hate towards those that own one in an urban area, was pretty much what i expected, try and convert 3 4x4 owners into wanting normal cars.

That guy with the modded 4x4, what a cock jockey though I laughed when he scraped his alloys.

Anyway, next was State of britains roads on Tonight with Trevor McDonald.

That featured how bad the state of repair of britains roads were in, and tbh i fully agree, they are bloody awful and we pay the most road tax in europe!! THey waste so much money on stupid speed camera systems etc, which should be invested in britains roads.

Also the government claiming the roads are in better repair then several years ago and they are getting better. What a load of rubbish, when i rode my bike as a kid i never had to watch out for pot holes and the like, now its like a minefield!!
DJMartin07

15th May 07 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree, going to college I use main roads to Kempston Industrial Estate and most of the bloody roads are cracked, uneven and full of potholes and these are main roads that are closed every 6 months to be repaired, I can't see what they are repairing.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try driving in the middle of Southampton. Roads are a mess. All you see all day is lorries moving cars and machines between the dock-gates.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

15th May 07 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what annoyed me even more about government spending on tv last night was the 2 stories on the national news.

story 1: a bloke that had lived in the uk all his life and worked hard, paid his taxes etc.. has to pay for his cancer treatment tablets himself out of his own money, these tablets keep him alive. The NHS claim they cant afford to pay for them

story 2: about how britain is struggling to cope with the cost of keeping immigrants kids in schooling due to them speaking little or no English at all.

simple, STOP TAKING IN IMMIGRANTS AND SPEND THE MONEY TO LOOK AFTER OUR OWN PEOPLE THAT HAVE WORKED FOR THIS COUNTRY ALL THEIR LIVES.

or spend it on the roads
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what made me laugh also, was when some of them made a claim, like that cyclist where the pothole snapped his handle bars, the council said they wouldnt pay out as they didnt deem the pothole dangerous enough

all he asked for was £300 to replace his bike, they refused so he took it to court and got 5k yeah good going council

well obivously it is fucking dangerous enough because its snapped this mans handlebars and almost broke his neck.

surely the evidence is in the incident?

[Edited on 15-05-2007 by Steve]
DJMartin07

15th May 07 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a flat after hitting a pothole round a corner on a sixty mph road.
Robin
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The council round here recently re-surfaced a road, all nice and smooth.

Then, over the winter, a water main burst, so they dug it up.

When they filled it back in, I swear they did it using mashed potato and boomerangs, it would have been better left as a hole.

They've since been back and re-refilled the hole, so it's taken them twice the effort and money for fucking it up the first time
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

15th May 07 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

all he asked for was £300 to replace his bike, they refused so he took it to court and got 5k yeah good going council

similar story in the north east yesterday, police car went through a red light, knocked over a woman and left her permanently brain damaged. her husband asked for the costs of looking after her to be paid by the police (about 30k a year in nursing costs) but they refused. so he took them to court, he won 4 million in damages
DJMartin07

15th May 07 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's all Cambridgeshire council do on a road heading towards Royston. They resurfaced it and it was all nice and smooth and a month later they where digging it up and putting new water and gas pipes in and left the road a mess.
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it noone saw the cock in the 4x4 then ?
Robin
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I was busy watching something else
dan_c4rsa

15th May 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we've jsut got somenew roads after about 6 years in ripon and they're actually pretty damn good! Mega mega smooth.

in harrogate though it's bad as bad!

driving with anything harder than marshmallows for suspension knackers your car. my mum's had to have new shocks on her mini after about 2 years because theyre so knacked.

then what cheesed me off was that a road i always avoid because its too harsh was closed one day - for 'repairs'

i thought great! next day doing about 35 nice and smooth then come round a corner BOOMPH BOOMPH CLANG

they'd repaired maybe 30 metres of a 250 metre long warzone and there are no plans at all to repair the rest whats the point. They did the same thing last year in the middle of one certain road covering nice little pothols but left the half foot deep ones.
Colin

15th May 07 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been to some poverty stricken countrys with better roads than the UK
Colin

15th May 07 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
what made me laugh also, was when some of them made a claim, like that cyclist where the pothole snapped his handle bars, the council said they wouldnt pay out as they didnt deem the pothole dangerous enough

well obivously it is fucking dangerous enough because its snapped this mans handlebars and almost broke his neck.

surely the evidence is in the incident?

[Edited on 15-05-2007 by Steve]

They must get some amount of claims in these days, hear about it all the time!!
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah apparently claims almost equals outgoings to repair roads
Colin

15th May 07 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was the one jade hit a while ago - main road in town. Totally bent the inside of the wheel, burst the tyre & knocked the tracking out! Car has a wobble at 80mph now that wasnt there before. Good couple hundred quid in damages.

Think she's trying to claim...I left it up to her.
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice foot
Colin

15th May 07 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks its mine
ed

15th May 07 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, our roads are in good condition. You need to drive on the roads in some other parts of Europe. In Czech Rep. they have pot holes on thier motorway (yes singular no plural) and when it rains the road turns into a river.
Joe

15th May 07 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes he was a grade A twat, thought he was Puff Daddy.
mav

15th May 07 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Roads are in a pretty poor state.......... not good when you have 35 profile tyres like me

[Edited on 15-05-2007 by mav]
big eck

15th May 07 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where is that colin???
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
quote:

Yes he was a grade A twat, thought he was Puff Daddy.

did you see him rev it and say "thats what i think to the environment"

id like to see him and his shitmobile get sucked up in a tornado caused by global warming
Joe

15th May 07 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah he was a tit, taking the piss out of the Aygo and talking about his 'manly exhausts'
Ian W

15th May 07 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last pothole I hit I snapped a shock, bent my lower arm and come to the conclusion that the steering knuckle is damaged so I need one of them.

Add the cost of that to the couple of hundred I had to spend to be insured on my dads car for a month when it happend and its quite a bit.

Wrote to the council about paying for it, they weren't interested

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » State of britains roads and Driving me Crazy 23 database queries in 0.1080770 seconds