corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » little nippy (WIP) nuff pics.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author little nippy (WIP) nuff pics.
fuju64

User status: Offline
9th May 07 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

story starts, only 19 so i was looking for a car which was cheapest for me to insure but also the quickest, and fairly cheap to buy. corsa sport 1.6 came up trumps

i was so set on gettin it i started buying parts for the car about half a year before i even got the thing i knew pretty much what i wanted about a year ago so i was set as far as i was concerned. plus a hefty student loan to pay for things

parts ive bought were:
gsi bodykit,
team dynamic 15" white rims
janspeed 4-2-1 manifold
40mm gmax lowering springs
smoked depo headlights, clear side reps
performance backbox
did get a mantzel/velo style powerbox thing (but i sold that)
dbilas dynamic throttle bodies with a power boost valve and a dbilas chipped ecu with raised rev limit to 7500rpm.
all of that coming from ebay or from people off here. sound guys.

i then bought the car a few weeks ago. managed to find a black sport which was wot i was looking for, 55k on the clock. £1000. sound! fair bit of rust but im guna sort that out wen i spray the bodykit n stuff.

thats how it was looking wen i bought it, few problems like whining from cambelt but thats being sorted atm. dodgy tensioner as the bolt was too tight and a cracked water pump.

quickly got round to debadging it and derubstripping it. the sticky stuff was a bitch to get off!!! but anyone out there whos guna attempt this, i found what worked best was a bit of t-cut and a heat gun.

i also stuck the depo lights on it but when they came in the post the plastic brackets snapped off. i just got a bit of araldite bonding stuff on it and strengthened it up with p40 fibre glass stuff on the back.

got the backbox on aswel. the standard was a bastid to gett off cus of the rust but nufin a blow torch cudnt solve ha.

i need to give it a wash but i really cant b bothered until ive got the bodykit on and sorted the rust. i bought the paint for it all aswel which cost a fair bit. luckily i got a m8 who's got a compressor and spray gun and hes guna spray it for me. he's sprayed a few cars and bikes, wheels and fridges before so i should think it wil come out nice.

next came the wheels and lowering springs. the wheels that came with the car had a set of locking wheel nuts but the key rounded off which was well gay. i had to knock on a decent socket to wedge over the bolt then undid it. using pooey sockets would just split the socket i think.

getting the right tool to unbolt the nut on top of the strut was a complete bitch to find, i couldnt find them anywhere, had to go to 5 different stores in the end.

so this is how it is now, not looking to bad really, its coming along nice.

all the work done so far has been on my drive

im preping the bodykit atm and ive just finished filling the badge recess in the front gsi bumper. im guna use the post 97 read bumper on the car now but just smooth out the line and spray all black.

guna get a 30degree inlet manifold from Dave A when i get money for it then slap on the tbs, need to ceramic coat the manifold but cant be arsed to send it somewhere so im guna try and get some i can apply myself if theres any good stuff about.

hopefuly soon il get some more progress done.
fuju64

9th May 07 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o yea i reristricted the air box, just took off the bottom section closest to the wheel arch, need to get a k&n filter and cold air feed tho wen i get paid. sounds well gud atm tho. well beefy and wen i put my foot down hard the induction grumble is just lush.
Butler

9th May 07 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really nice now!
J4M13

9th May 07 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another black corsa with white wheels
Scotty C

9th May 07 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good. Maybe a little lower a badgeless grillie
fuju64

9th May 07 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea does need to be a little lower but it will have to do until i eventualy upgrate to like coilovers i guess. im just guna use a black mesh grill when i stick on the gsi front bumper.

yea you know black corsa's with white wheels looks don. im liking black wheels and grey corsa's aswel atm.
fuju64

9th May 07 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got an m tech short shifter aswel, i dont think im man enough to fit it tho. looks like it will be sooo sooo hard.
flybikeslee

9th May 07 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J4M13
another black corsa with white wheels

dam you
Wonderboy

9th May 07 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great, £1000 is a good price as well

Nice work you have done there, it might get slightly lower as the springs settle (depending on when you fitted them).

How hard were the springs to fit?

Wheels look cool as well.

I would give it a wash, and get some back to black on the bumpers and arches untill you fit the GSI body kit

[Edited on 09-05-2007 by Wonderboy]
Ben G

9th May 07 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wonderboy
Speedlines look cool as well.

they aren't speedlines though

car looks very nice.
fuju64

9th May 07 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i probs should sort out the plastics for the mean time. i cant remember what the rims are called. team dynamic rim 2000 or sumfin like that. the springs were piss easy to fit. the rears cudnt be any easier. and the fronts are also easy if u got the right tool to undo the top bolt. duno wot its called. like a spanner with a ring at 1 end and its offset to the bar if that makes sence.
All Torque

9th May 07 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VENOMS!

Just kidding, looks really cool with white wheels and smoked lights

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » little nippy (WIP) nuff pics. 23 database queries in 0.0172820 seconds