corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Outlook express and email forewarding?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Outlook express and email forewarding?
dan_almond

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 07 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the weekend i purchased the domain www.polish-it.uk.com with a years hosting. This hosting came with 15 pop 3 mail boxes with email forewarding.

i them set up 3 email address

dan@polish-it.uk.com
sales@polish-it.uk.com
enquiries@polish-it.uk.com

Then i forewarded it to the email that was set up in outlook, somethine like dan1234566@wannadoo.co.uk (the emails that set up with your isp, that you never use).

If i send emails to the above emails addresses from my hotmail addess, they all come though to my outlook express ok.

Question is, if i were to reply to an email a customer sends, i want it to say "from dan@polish-it.uk.com: when they read the email their end.

How would i do this as i have no idea?

Thanks
Dan
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Apr 07 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just need to go to Tools > Accounts > Mail

Find you wannado account, go on the settings and change the reply address to dan@polish-it.com
dan_almond

23rd Apr 07 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would i nave to do anything to my outgoing server brett?
Aaron

23rd Apr 07 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You setting up an IT company in Poland then

[Edited on 23-04-2007 by Aj.]
dan_almond

23rd Apr 07 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aj.
You setting up an IT company in Poland then

[Edited on 23-04-2007 by Aj.]

how did you guess?
Tim
Site Administrator

23rd Apr 07 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or just set your email address as dan@polish-it.uk.com for the Wanadoo account in Outlook.

Then all emails will looks like they came from that address (rather than just using a reply-to).

Some ISPs block you from sending mail using their SMTP server if it isn't a domain they use, but this is quite rare.
dan_almond

23rd Apr 07 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But if i did that Tim, wouldnt that mess things up with my incoming mail (sales@, dan@, and enquiries@)

could you do a step by step (like brett has done above

Thanks mate
Dan
Tim
Site Administrator

23rd Apr 07 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take for instance my corsasport email...

I have billing@, info@, etc all come into one POP3 box. My Outlook config simply has my email address defined as tim@ -- if I reply to someone who originally emailed billing@ they'll just see it come from tim@ (no big deal).

Reply address is seperate (and mine is blank). That's if you want the email to come from tim@, but if the user hits reply it'll send back to support@, etc.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Apr 07 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could also set all three accounts up separately and not check two of them. It'll only read the box once but it will allow you to pull the drop down box when you compose to choose which outgoing address you want to use.

New Poll