corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X16xe-Removing SAI and EGR

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16xe-Removing SAI and EGR
Vaux Lad

User status: Offline
15th Apr 07 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a x16xe going into a nova, so im removing the egr, and sai system(i dont have the sai pump anyway)

To put the egr out of action do i basically make a template in some alloy plate, bolt that inbetween inlet and tb? But leave the valve plugged in?

The sai looks alittle more tricky, i have a small valve that comes from the inner wing of a corsa iirc, with a plug on it.
Do i leave the valve plugged in? But remove the silver valve from the exhaust side of the engine? Will i need to somehow block the hole the sai leaves?

Cheers
Warren G

15th Apr 07 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SAI - you have to leave the plug in the small valve thingy, otherwise the EML comes on. And yes you will have to block the hole

EGR - Get an EGR blanking plate (look under mervia 1600 i think on EPC) and just put an blanking gasket or get a sheet of metal and cut it too shape
Vaux Lad

16th Apr 07 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i'll check the engine loom, the valve is at the end of the loom if i remember rightly

Wheres the hole for the sai valve thingy? Is it on the exhaust manifold? or the head?
Scotty C

16th Apr 07 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's on the exhuast manifold, by that big silver thingy ma bob.
Dean_W

16th Apr 07 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Monster
It's on the exhuast manifold, by that big silver thingy ma bob.

Best thing to do is get a plate welded over the takeoff hole, or tap a thread and put a bolt in it.
Vaux Lad

16th Apr 07 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The combination valve(silver thing) just unbolts off, so could i just bolt a plate over where it should bolt on....?
Dean_W

16th Apr 07 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Vaux Lad
The combination valve(silver thing) just unbolts off, so could i just bolt a plate over where it should bolt on....?

Not without putting a thread in it first.
Vaux Lad

16th Apr 07 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh right, so the thread is in the valve itself.

I could cut a alloy template, tap two threads into it, then bolt it where the valve used to go.

Or could i just leave the valve disconnected? No air hose/vaccum connection, will it just stay shut and not leak exhaust gasses?

New Poll