corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » court summons

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author court summons
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Apr 07 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they won't be using the device if they haven't had the training, do you think they are stupid?
did they caution you when they pulled you over?
ed

12th Apr 07 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's worth a try to be honest. Getting points and fine doesn't slow people down, it just pisses them off...
Tom J
Premium Member

12th Apr 07 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
It's worth a try to be honest. Getting points and fine doesn't slow people down, it just pisses them off...

yes but he will just get a bigger fine and more points for the privilige of trying
dan_c4rsa

12th Apr 07 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there doesnt have to be injuries no - but thats why i put etc as it's an EXAMPLE.
still's could be taken from the police car's onboard camera (which yes was pointing at me) so pictures of them pulling me over and looking at their procedure for example.

and it does matter because a summons can affect car insurance much more than a fixed penalty.

i'd rather go down fighting than just bowing down cos its a police badge coming at me.

dan_c4rsa

12th Apr 07 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and if i still am guilty it doesnt mean i'll get a bigger fine.
im just saying i think its innacurate and want them to totally prove i was doing fifty before they do me over.

the courts are not on the police's side - thats the whole point of them.
they dont go - this guy is actually fighting back - lets whack another 500 quid on his fine!

[Edited on 12-04-2007 by dan_c4rsa]
Tom J
Premium Member

12th Apr 07 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough. did you admit to going over the speed limit to the officer? did he caution you?
ed

12th Apr 07 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In light of the evidence, those guns are utter crap. You can get speed readings off of stationary objects ffs.
luke gsi16v

12th Apr 07 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me an my mate got summonds to court for racin we pleaded not guilty each time an it just keeps gettin ajurned bin twice an gotta go back 28th september lol miles away so i rekon i will get away wit it
Tom J
Premium Member

if you plead guilty and apologise for your actions etc they are more lenient on you, if you try to get out of it they will throw everything at you.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Apr 07 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes a man pointed one at a wall and it read 7mph
dan_c4rsa

he cautioned me yes and i did not admit to going over the limit - i keep my trap shut - is what keeps you out of trouble.
he showed me 50 on the gun and all i said was i think it's infallible - but on the witness statement it says no reply anyway so in that sense ive never admitted anything.

and yeh they bloody are. my mate was gunned doing 80 at about 42 - and even the officer was laughing when he pulled us over
Tom J
Premium Member

12th Apr 07 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
In light of the evidence, those guns are utter crap. You can get speed readings off of stationary objects ffs.

this only happens if you move the gun fast whilst taking the reading thus it thinks the object is moving, whereas if you are pointing it straight at a car coming towards you then there is no chance of this happening
dan_c4rsa

12th Apr 07 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom J
if you plead guilty and apologise for your actions etc they are more lenient on you, if you try to get out of it they will throw everything at you.

yeh thats what i said - im simply stating (as i will in courst) that i dont beleive the evidence used against me is accurate enough. Im not even going to mention anything like ' m innocent i was doing the limit'

but there isnt another plee called 'not happy' is there
dan_c4rsa

12th Apr 07 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed

this only happens if you move the gun fast whilst taking the reading thus it thinks the object is moving, whereas if you are pointing it straight at a car coming towards you then there is no chance of this happening

actually anything can affect it - in tests, large dust particles have gone past the radar bit and made changes of between 5 - 10mph
Tom J
Premium Member

12th Apr 07 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm not saying the equipment is 100% accurate, i'm saying the judges are never in a million years going to let you off on the fact that the equipment is inaccurate as that would mean everyone who has ever been prosecuted for it will have been wrongly convicted
ed

12th Apr 07 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that people should start arguing these cases though. There is no point in using a court system if people are too scared to bring up issues and just plead guilty all the time. It's a waste of money, they may aswell just send the bailiffs round.
dan_c4rsa

12th Apr 07 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there's a case study of a man in northamptonshire who did pretty much the same as me and his trial was dismissed.
They need realistic amounts of evidence that the equipment is maintained and as accurate as can be - not 100% accurate bla bla bla.

yet if they dont have it people could say it's 2% accurate, and the court will accept the non guilty plea as thats hardly good enough.

like you said about robbing to blow it out of context, if a burglar was wearing a black coat, you could get someone in a black coat off the street.
Tom J
Premium Member

12th Apr 07 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i understand your reasoning Ed i just think that it may be worthwhile in a case where someone may have been going 30 and it read 34 or something but if he was clearly going 45mph+ a traffic officer could probably tell he was going above 30 without even getting the gun out the case, i just think this lad hasn't got a chance

[Edited on 12-04-2007 by Tom J]
dan_c4rsa

12th Apr 07 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I think that people should start arguing these cases though. There is no point in using a court system if people are too scared to bring up issues and just plead guilty all the time. It's a waste of money, they may aswell just send the bailiffs round.

agreed. im not promoting people speeding with a big grin because they can get away with it. but i think it's about time to start questioning this technology / and protocol and maybe better technology/systems will be introduced
VegasPhil
Premium Member

12th Apr 07 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck mate! Hope you get off it

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
dan_c4rsa

12th Apr 07 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah i understand your reasoning Ed i just think that it may be worthwhile in a case where someone may have been going 30 and it read 34 or something but if he was clearly going 45mph+ a traffic officer could probably tell he was going above 30 without even getting the gun out the case, i just think this lad hasn't got a chance

very true - but that relates to my questioning - there wre 3 cars infront of me definatly doing over 30 and a BIG line of traffic going the other way nicely inbetween me and the cop car. why didnt he pull the others over? i definatly wasnt gaining on the car infront.

dan_c4rsa

12th Apr 07 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also - the police who were there dont even come into it to be honest.

the magistrates weren't there - and in modern society as the police in courts aren't seen as god any more - word against word isn't good enough.

point is - theyre doing me for 50 - which i wasnt doing.

it clearly states a summons for 50 in a 30 - not a nice range of 30 - 55 lol if you get me

end of - i dont want to be done for it

Danny P

12th Apr 07 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you going to say if the Magistrates ask you "Were you Speeding?"

[Edited on 12-04-2007 by Danny P]
dan_c4rsa

12th Apr 07 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it's a bit of a silly question cos thats why im there.

but yeh - if they said were you speeding i'd say, i was above the limit but i do not beleive i am guilty of the speed the police are stating - and so i beleive that this case is inaccurate, unsupported and i beleive it should be dismissed.

dan_c4rsa

12th Apr 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really the police and courts will drop the case because the manpower and resources needed to supply my evidence (that im legally entitled too) to a speeding offence are seen as too much. so the case is dropped.
really its the police being lazy and not preparing their cases/ getting solid evidence

....not that im saying they will - nearly dug myself a hole lol

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » court summons 23 database queries in 0.1972718 seconds