corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 0%finance/discounts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 0%finance/discounts
Rob H

User status: Offline
8th Apr 07 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i've been looking at Astra VXR's for later in the year. I know in the past vauxhall have ran 0% offers on the astra VXR (It's currently on everything but it seems!), so presumably the offer will come around again - most likely towards the end of the summer/winter when sales drop.

What i'm wondering though is if I'll be able to get a decent discount (circa 10%) off the RRP of the car, and 0% finance, or are Vauxhall too stingy to give it? Anyone had previous experience?
bubble

8th Apr 07 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
Right, i've been looking at Astra VXR's for later in the year. I know in the past vauxhall have ran 0% offers on the astra VXR (It's currently on everything but it seems!), so presumably the offer will come around again - most likely towards the end of the summer/winter when sales drop.

What i'm wondering though is if I'll be able to get a decent discount (circa 10%) off the RRP of the car, and 0% finance, or are Vauxhall too stingy to give it? Anyone had previous experience?

greenhous wont or grasmere-cost is too expensive
Rob H

8th Apr 07 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you mean the cost? I always understood it that the finance was footed by Vauxhall, hence it wouldn't really effect the dealer, but i'm not sure how it works, or what kind of profit margins the dealers actually have to work with .
AndyKent

8th Apr 07 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finance is paid by Vauxhall Financial Services or something so nothing to do with the dealer really.

Dealer will more than likely say that they won't knock much money off because you're on the free finance anyway.......depends how hard you push them I guess.
Colin

8th Apr 07 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10 % discount & 0% Finance!! I cant see anyone doing that tbh, maybe 1 but not both!!
Robbo

8th Apr 07 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never in a m illion years, at the very least theyd demand 25% and nats tigra 0% deal was 40%
Little Vik

8th Apr 07 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do normally sting you for deposit on the 0% deal - theory being the finance gets you into the showroom, the car and the test drive seals it. Then they play with the finance figure and your already sold because your not likely to walk away at that point.
Do you want HP or finance with a big payment at the end?
MarkM

8th Apr 07 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little Vik knows her shit I have observed

A good discount would be finding someone who works or has worked for Vauxhall to get the friends and family discount...its worth around 17% on a SRI Astra etc...can imagine the VXR being a similar discount..
Little Vik

8th Apr 07 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had one through the post a few weeks back and if i remember it was only about 10% on the VXR - but my memory is shit sometimes
Little Vik

8th Apr 07 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My advice is, dont buy new! Ive noticed they have just started to loose their value. Ive said it before and i will say it again, not only are you loosing depreciation when you drive out the door your paying the VAT man £2000/£3000 for f*ck all!!!!
MarkM

8th Apr 07 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Little Vik
I had one through the post a few weeks back and if i remember it was only about 10% on the VXR - but my memory is shit sometimes

Yeah sometimes on the flagship models they dont offer as much discount...
MarkM

8th Apr 07 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My advice is, dont buy new! Ive noticed they have just started to loose their value. Ive said it before and i will say it again, not only are you loosing depreciation when you drive out the door your paying the VAT man £2000/£3000 for f*ck all!!!!

Which is why I bought an ex-demonstrator which was 5 or so months old...got really good deal...
Robbo

8th Apr 07 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Little Vik knows her shit I have observed

A good discount would be finding someone who works or has worked for Vauxhall to get the friends and family discount...its worth around 17% on a SRI Astra etc...can imagine the VXR being a similar discount..
As I have said twice today, Little Vik = little ledge : cool:
Robbo

8th Apr 07 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
To be expected, ur a girl
Little Vik

8th Apr 07 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
To be expected, ur a girl

Its all that multi tasking we can do
Robbo

8th Apr 07 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Piffle
Little Vik

8th Apr 07 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Which is why I bought an ex-demonstrator which was 5 or so months old...got really good deal...

A demo should loose (depending model mileage etc) between £500 - £800 per month its used.
If you play a dealership well you can get them to put a demo on just for you, so you agree to buy it off them once they have finished with it
Robbo

8th Apr 07 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My CTR was destined to be a demonstrator... I rescued it
Little Vik

8th Apr 07 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

At least she stood a chance at getting broken in properly in a nice home.
Robbo

8th Apr 07 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MarkM

8th Apr 07 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

A demo should loose (depending model mileage etc) between £500 - £800 per month its used.
If you play a dealership well you can get them to put a demo on just for you, so you agree to buy it off them once they have finished with it

Yes...they general manager is a friend of my dads so I got the car for what it owed him...to cut a long story short the car retailed brand new around the 17k mark...I got it for 10k...with a set of 1k alloys and tyres thrown in...it was 5 months old I think..with 6k on the clock...

MarkM

8th Apr 07 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

At least she stood a chance at getting broken in properly in a nice home.

Im just glad mine isnt classed as a performace car (CDTI) so hopefully hasnt been cained...
PainZ

8th Apr 07 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have never sold astra VXR's on 0% finance..

They do however offer most of the other VXR range @ 0%.

You will need to put 40% deposit down at least to get 0%.

Oh, and they just won't sell the Astra VXR on 0% as they can sell them all day long without offering it.

I did enquire before i purchased mine..
AndyKent

8th Apr 07 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently bought my Corsa on 0% which broke down as follows.....

Car was just short of £12000 RRP
I had 15% associates discount knocked off which brings it to about £10000
Paid a deposit of 30% around £3500 which leaves £6500 on the finance which is only half its value and pretty much the same I would have had to pay on a used car of the same type (had I needed to borrow the money with interest etc).....no brainer really.

If you can find a family member or friend who worked at Vauxhall you can get 17% off - I got 15% as my Dad works at the local council and they run an 'associates' scheme as opposed to the 'partners' which is the 17% one.

However if they don't offer the 0% its all irrelevant

[Edited on 08-04-2007 by aPk]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 0%finance/discounts 22 database queries in 0.2910140 seconds