corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Black Sport W.I.P warning!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Black Sport W.I.P warning!
J B

User status: Offline
   27th Mar 07 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK well I will start with a bit of background info, I got my first corsa a black SRi 16v on 16th September 2005 just after my 17th birthday for £815 it then cost me £1485 to insure it TPFT. It was almost faultless for its age with just few little dints on the bodywork, and it had a bit of poke for a first car! I was only working part time whilst still at college so it stayed standard apart from an airfilter which gave it a nice little induction roar!

Well after I had it almost year I was looking to get something a bit newer but yet I still liked the idea of a corsa. So after looking around I found something that was perfect it was a low mileage 1.6 Sport again in black! So I needed to sell the SRi, and luckily I had the perfect buyer lined up it was a girl I was working with. Well I sold it exactly a year after getting a whole £800 for it so I was well chuffed considering I had put about 13k on the clock! I then went to collect my new car the same afternoon.

Well I loved it but I wanted to mod it so I after blowing all my money on the new car and insurance ect I started saving again to buy new parts. First parts on the list were a set of Spax height and damping adjustable coilovers (thanks to tarmac terrorist :thumbs and an e-tech strut brace.

It was between Christmas and New Years Eve and I was in a bit of a rush to get to work, it was very cold and wet out side and I was stupidly driving a little bit too fast I went to turn around a slight bend in the road and the car goes straight on I turn a bit more and it starts to turn.. . but a bit too much and I can’t stop it from going into a spin I mount the kerb and whilst still spinning manage to hit someones garden wall twice!! I ended up parked on there drive!! My amazing artwork below will show you kind of what happened!!

Well I didn’t want to claim on my insurance so repairing the wall set me back £400 so that was quite a blow to the bank balance! I also had to repair the car so I set about looking for a new front and rear bumper, I hadn’t planned on doing any body modifications for a while so I didn’t know what I wanted but in the end a whole GSi kit came up at a really good price. The only problem being it was in Scotland with L30 SCT well I paid in the middle of January….. I also managed to get a post 97 rear bumper colour coded in black from my local scrappy.

While I was waiting for other parts to arrive I set about fitting the parts that had arrived

So I had to wait until the end of January before I could sort out some new wheels. I knew what I wanted and ordered them as soon as I got paid at the end of January from Race & Road they had to come from Germany as there were none in the country.

They arrived a couple of weeks later but disaster one of them was damaged, I was lucky in that I spotted it and signed for them as damaged but still it was a pain as it meant I had to get another from Germany which meant another couple of weeks.

Worth it in the end though I think you will agree?

I also thought to stiffen up the rear end I should get one of the Whiteline Anti Roll Bars and got in on the VSport group buy with Dave A

While I was still waiting for the replacement wheel I though it would be a good opportunity to upgrade the brakes as I thought the standard ones were getting worse with time and they were going to look rather pathetic behind the new wheels! I found a brand new V6 brake setup advertised in the classified section so snapped it up from N90ATH.

Wanted to see what it would look like behind the new wheels!

Decided I was going to paint them black to contrast against the wheels and just look subtle.

Thought I should give the rear drums the same treatment!
Before:

During:

After:

Looks a lot better in my opinion!

Well finally got my replacement wheel so got them fitted one Saturday

I went to my local tyre & tracking place to get the tracking done as it had been pulling to the left since the accident! When I got there they got it up on the ramps and went to put the rear wheel cage thingy on and they couldn’t get it on! The car was too low, the wheels were too big and there was virtually no clearance!! So they sent me to Micheldever tyres.

They got it up on the ramps and sorted it out for me

Now the new wheels were on and tracked I needed to sort the issue of the wheel clearance and scrubbage, so I took it to the bodyshop where I was going to get the GSi kit sprayed up and asked them if they would flare the rear wheel arches and left it with them.
Well when I went to pick it up it looked like they gave the job to a monkey and a hammer!! Was really not impressed and the guy I was dealing with was nowhere to be seen!

Passenger side rear arch:

Drivers side rear arch:

I decided that even I could do a better job than that so set about doing it myself to even up the flared arches and reattach the plastic trims which they had ripped off!!

You can just see where I screwed them back on from the inside! I wasn’t to bothered as it was only a temporary measure as I finally had my GSi kit on the way and had booked a date for it to go into the bodyshop to be painted up

I got around to fitting my new brakes as well with the help of a work colleague to help bleed them! I couldn’t fit my braided brake lines though as I couldn’t get the old rubber lines off so will attempt to that again soon or take it to the garage!

Dirty Car!!!

I have also finally got the GSi kit after 2 months of waiting! Thankyou L30 SCT.

It is currently in the bodyshop with a few other parts such as the roof rails, some delocked door handles and a smooth petrol cap (thanks Slash :thumbs.

So that just about brings us up to today and how the car looks at the moment (Filthy! )

Sorry for the essay and sorry for the quality of the photos all pictures were taken with my phone! All comments opinions and suggestions are more than welcome.
Kurt

27th Mar 07 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good will look good with the gsi kit too
J B

27th Mar 07 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers I can't wait to get the bits back from the bodyshop should hopefully be by the end of this week, so I can get it sorted at the weekend

Will give it a good wash too!!
Ste L

27th Mar 07 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice project fella, looks good
J B

27th Mar 07 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste L
nice project fella, looks good

Thanks looking forward to seeing some more progress on yours!! In the not to distant future!
deano87

27th Mar 07 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good.

Nice to see some different alloys.

PVS?
J B

27th Mar 07 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Looks good.

Nice to see some different alloys.

PVS?

Cheers Deano I wanted to something a little different to the norm,

PVS is a possability.... I am currently going through the selection process to join the RAF and until I have a date to start training etc I can't say whether I will be there so fingers crossed I should be able to get there
Iain M

27th Mar 07 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quality rimage there mate

the Borbet shall live on when mine has gone
Dione J

27th Mar 07 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loving it. will be a minter when finished

PS - how much did the coilovers set you back & where from?
Fro

27th Mar 07 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really good mate, another black b to add to the collection
J B

27th Mar 07 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iain M - It was your car that made me get them!!

d_jay50 - I got the coilovers of off someone on here it was tarmac terrorist brand new for £250. I know they are in the classified adds now and then so keep eyes peeled I guess!

fro-dizzle - cheers fro black is by far the best colour IMO hence why im on my second! your cars looking to I must say it seems to be coming along quite quickly now!
danward

27th Mar 07 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome WIP!
Jimbo

27th Mar 07 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, i thought it was going to be exactly the same set-up as my car untill i saw the rims.

Nice car.
N90ATH

27th Mar 07 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks gd matey, brakes lok nice behind the wheels lol

J B

27th Mar 07 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N90ATH
looks gd matey, brakes lok nice behind the wheels lol

The brakes don't feel that spongy either which is good so when I get the braided lines on they should be awesum

Thanks for all of the comments everyone, I wasn't sure of the reception it would recieve as I know some things are not to everyones taste so thanks
Fro

28th Mar 07 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J B

fro-dizzle - cheers fro black is by far the best colour IMO hence why im on my second! your cars looking to I must say it seems to be coming along quite quickly now!

Yeah alots has changed in the last couple of weeks, Will porb be like that for PVS now as need to start saving up for some goodies Keep up the good work on yours
Whittie

28th Mar 07 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top motor Nice to see another sexy black B
J B

29th Mar 07 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really an update just gave the car a quick clean as it was really dirty!

Should have my GSi kit before the weekend so should hopefully get that fitted up.
J B

29th Mar 07 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Yeah alots has changed in the last couple of weeks, Will porb be like that for PVS now as need to start saving up for some goodies Keep up the good work on yours

How did you fix your sideskirts on fro, did you bond them on or use the clips?? Want to do mine at the weekend and not sure on how to go about it at the moment??

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Top motor Nice to see another sexy black B

Cheers mate, black is
Fro

29th Mar 07 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lotsssss of tigerseal Was a bit worried at first but they are really solid now and have withstood some continuous high speed and not flown off Just gotta give it a good few hours to dry
J B

29th Mar 07 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah its just the idea of drilling holes in my car to rivet on the clips doesn't really appeal to me I would end up putting them in the wrong place as well!!! There doesn't seem to be a great amount of contact surface to actually bond them on . . . or is there??
Fro

29th Mar 07 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There seemed to be quite a bit, I run some all along the edge just above where the mounting brackets should clip in and i put some nice dollops where the jacket points are which fixed to the underside of the car.

If you can understand that? If not ill take a pic of the gsi skirts i got in my shed tonight and draw on it where i tigersealed
J B

29th Mar 07 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that sort of makes sense its hard to visualise without actually looking at one though!!
J B

4th Apr 07 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok just a quick update got my bits back from the bodyshop on saturday so I have a couple of pics

Will hopefully be able to get all on at some point, supposed to be busy all over the weekend so will probably have to wait until next weekend! argh

Did manage to do this though
before:

during:

to:

bit dusty in the pics from the bodyshop so reflecting funny

Also got the rear bumper on
before:

during:

after:
SAL
Premium Member

4th Apr 07 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car will look lovely with the kit on i really like those wheels to

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Black Sport W.I.P warning! 23 database queries in 0.1981280 seconds