corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » serious wobbling

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author serious wobbling
andyc1234

User status: Offline
15th Mar 07 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a bit of a wobble on the steering wheel for a while a a knock when going slow over bumps. had the shed in 2 garages had the wheel balance checked and all the front suspension and steering checked and they cant find anything loose. anyway just coming home now started braking from about 60 and i nearly let go of the wheel it wobbled that bad im getting scared to drive it need it sorting asap. anyone got any ideas what it could be everything seems tight tried swapping all the wheels round

cheers anyone
csweatherston

15th Mar 07 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wobbles when you brake?..... or normal driving too?.... could be cracked/ warped discs..
andyc1234

15th Mar 07 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it all the time just got really bad when i braked hard last night think the knocking is coming from the rack. does anyone know how the tracking arms are held in and could they be loose?
andyc1234

15th Mar 07 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come on someone knows some where
csweatherston

15th Mar 07 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the track rods, unscrew iirc.....have to remove the boot, then the sleeves unscrew.
but iven never known of one to go....
i bent one once

have you had a visual check of the tie rod mounts etc?
andyc1234

15th Mar 07 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everything is fine and tight had them checked loads of times now, gonna change the rack for a eps one when the engines out anyway just dont want anything falling off before i get the chance. gonna do wheel bearings and discs with the engine aswell if it still does it then i might just set fire to it and blame it on gypsies
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Mar 07 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bushes or make sure that the wheels are balanced. And not buckled.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll