corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Playstation 3

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Playstation 3
topshot_2k
Banned

User status: Offline
13th Mar 07 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MOFO i have black hair not brown, that must be steve
Dom

13th Mar 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gavin
Premium Member

13th Mar 07 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy ps3 when prices come down and better games are released

pew pew pew pewwwww
topshot_2k
Banned

13th Mar 07 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you not see the price thread? Sony announced no price cut for 18months
Gavin
Premium Member

13th Mar 07 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO - sony will drop the price of the PS3 at the start of Jan 08 due to poor/lower than expected sales

many have turned to the xbox 360 for the 'next' generation experience. I for one was a playstation fan and never rated the xbox. That’s until I actually ran out of patience with the PS3 and went out and got a 360.
There will be many like me who have turned away from Sony and gone Mircosoft. Xbox 360 has gained a massive heads start over sony and IMO Sony will find it hard to persuade many (who already own a 360) to pay another few hundred quid on the PS3 – which looks to have similar’ish gameplay and graphics.

Forget 18 months…. The price will come down in less than 10.

pew pew pew pewwwww
Hammer

13th Mar 07 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Wilson
Do I Buy one?

I really want one, but do i choose it over the xbox 360?

Discuss please

Unfortunately you don't get sensible discussion on this subject, read through reviews on sites like cnet or other impartial sites that have views of tech experts and editors of large magazines
John

13th Mar 07 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have dodged this thread until now but read gavins post.

Sony WILL NOT struggle to sell consoles.
They will still sell out no matter how many people on here moan about them.
Hammer

13th Mar 07 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve and Topshot are right to have their opinion but the amount of posts they have made with their dick up Microsofts usb port devalues their point because they just come across as Grade A fuckpigs.
Dom

13th Mar 07 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FPMSL @ hammer

well their both unable to have a discussion/debate unless you agree with them, otherwise your instantly given the title of 'sonyfanboy' and everything you say is wrong, when infact majority of the time they seem to have little knowledge on the subject that's being discussed.

Still it amuses me (and im sure 99% of the other people on CS), and steve and topshop englighten a dull day

Just a shame we laugh at them rather than with them
Lee Wilson

14th Mar 07 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Playstation 3 it is then
Steve
Premium Member

14th Mar 07 at 08:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hammer you should try sticking your willy in a usb port, its a good experience

[Edited on 14-03-2007 by Steve]
topshot_2k
Banned

14th Mar 07 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve you told me over live you couldnt touch the sides

I just base my views on what i find, i held out for a PS3, played it in USA, didnt think allot to it and chose a 360.
Hammer

14th Mar 07 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
hammer you should try sticking your willy in a usb port, its a good experience

Who say's i haven't tried?
mk4_astra

14th Mar 07 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gavin
IMO - sony will drop the price of the PS3 at the start of Jan 08 due to poor/lower than expected sales

many have turned to the xbox 360 for the 'next' generation experience. I for one was a playstation fan and never rated the xbox. That’s until I actually ran out of patience with the PS3 and went out and got a 360.
There will be many like me who have turned away from Sony and gone Mircosoft. Xbox 360 has gained a massive heads start over sony and IMO Sony will find it hard to persuade many (who already own a 360) to pay another few hundred quid on the PS3 – which looks to have similar’ish gameplay and graphics.

Forget 18 months…. The price will come down in less than 10.

they simply cannot afford a price drop, thats why they said the price will remain the same for ATLEAST 2 years. they are taking bits out of the european version to lower manufacturing costs and therefore break even sooner. this will not lower the price of the ps3 to euro customers though
mk4_astra

14th Mar 07 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Wilson
Playstation 3 it is then

you honestly that easily swayed between the 2?

even though the 360 is a fair bit cheaper than the ps3 its still not exactly pocket money, i would spend a good few hours checking out what games are coming out for each console soon, will they suit you? which console has the most games nominated for game of the year,which has the most amount of exclusives and out of that list which ones are the best, whats the online like, etc etc...

[Edited on 14-03-2007 by mk4_astra]
Whittie

14th Mar 07 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GTA5 > PS3
Steve
Premium Member

14th Mar 07 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and xbox
Lupogti

14th Mar 07 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an xbox 360 but will continue to be a 'sony fanboy', no doubt the 360 is good and is equal in power to the 360( i really dont think the 360 has the edge) and all in good time will have just as good a games line up as the xbox.

Even though the internet service isnt up to scratch at the moment its free and will get better. Plus is basicaly a blu ray player with a console built in, and pisses all over samsungs £500 recently released blu ray player and this is baced up in the of the review mags out at the moment.

Plus my xbox is that noisy the mrs tell me to turn the volume down

[Edited on 14-03-2007 by Lupogti]
Lupogti

14th Mar 07 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lupogti
I have an xbox 360 but will continue to be a 'sony fanboy', no doubt the 360 is good and is equal in power to the 360( i really dont think the 360 has the edge) and all in good time will have just as good a games line up as the xbox.

Even though the internet service isnt up to scratch at the moment its free and will get better. Plus is basicaly a blu ray player with a console built in, and pisses all over samsungs £500 recently released blu ray player and this is baced up in the of the review mags out at the moment.

Just to add, i was furious when i found out my xbox cant play HD DVDs unless i spunk another £130 on a seperate drive, whats that all about, HD games but not DVDs? thats £410 all together and people are whining about the price of the PS3
Steve
Premium Member

14th Mar 07 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lupogti

[Edited on 14-03-2007 by Lupogti]

you dont think the ps3 will have fans??

so basically what your saying is that in time the ps3 will have as good games, that its equal in power and that the live service isnt that good yet, you'd still have one over an xbox even though it costs more, even if you add on top the price of a hddvd player for the 360

you havent shown me a reason why to pay more for a ps3 yet ??

Hammer

14th Mar 07 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'fanboy' was a derogatory term first used by myself to describe Steves infatuation for his gaming console.

I would appreciate it if the people using the term would refrain from doing so as it is breaching copyright.

Thanks in advance x
John

14th Mar 07 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its costs 15 or 20 quid more, you get built in wireless and hdmi to start off with.
Would the ms wireless dongle not bring the price way over the ps3?

So basically you are paying the same price, it will probably end up being just as good as the 360 and you are getting extra features like linux and a bigger hd from the outset
Steve
Premium Member

14th Mar 07 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also you really must be a chump if you think games that are in HD work in the same way as hddvds

All a hd game is is a normal game that runs in a higher resolution.

A hddvd is completely different, requiring different codecs and hardware.

The whole reason a hddvd is different from normal is that because its at a higher res it requires more room, too much to fit on an ordinary dvd, thats why you need to burn them to hddvds, and read them in hd dvd drives
Steve
Premium Member

14th Mar 07 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Its costs 15 or 20 quid more, you get built in wireless and hdmi to start off with.
Would the ms wireless dongle not bring the price way over the ps3?

So basically you are paying the same price, it will probably end up being just as good as the 360 and you are getting extra features like linux and a bigger hd from the outset

john we all know the 360 has hdmi capabilties

add on the price of the hdmi cable and that price will be higher again.

the whole point is those who arent fussed about hddvd, or blu ray can just buy the 360 like myself and get just as good gaming experience for half the price. You simply cannot do that with a ps3
John

14th Mar 07 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Add on the 60 quid wireless adapter and an hdmi cable for the 360 if it comes out and your still above the price of a ps3.

I hadn't even considered that before.

So for a similarly specced 360 you are paying more.

If you can't afford a ps3 then yes a 360 is the better option.

If you are looking for the better overall deal though the ps3 still pips it imo.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll