corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Offer Accepted Updated 22/03 Valuation and Searches complete

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Offer Accepted Updated 22/03 Valuation and Searches complete
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Mar 07 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sellers are contimplating the offer; rejected our first offer but we did go in £20k under price

Waiting to hear back on second offer! I guess they'll reject but will offer a bit more on Friday if they do wooh - all moving fast now

Update:

Had offer accepted at £15k under asking price on Saturday - just got to organise everything now but no upward or downward chain so should move quite quickly

[Edited on 22-03-2007 by LiVe LeE]
whitter45

5th Mar 07 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of interest how much is the house

With the current market you would be lucky to get nearly 20k off an asking price
John

5th Mar 07 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People who bought my house put in a stupidly low asking price, so we waited till they offered more than if they had put a decent offer first time.

I know everybody wants a bargain which is fair enough but I hate all the time wasting with offers that you know will never get accepted.
RichR
Premium Member

5th Mar 07 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know but they want a quick sale and if you dont ask you dont get - plus a lot of estate agents are recommending sellers to sell before june 1st when the HIP gets bought in!

plus were the first people in 9 weeks to put an offer in and the executors of the will need to get rid - the 20k under was what the estate agent recommend we do!

[Edited on 05-03-2007 by LiVe LeE]
C2RL R

5th Mar 07 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got an offer on mine last week that was 13k less than the asking price. i turned it down as it had only been on the market for 3 days. I can deffo understand them making the offer tho as they dont know my situation and i could have been desperate. they haven't come back with a better offer tho so i guess thats all they could afford.
p4uls corsa

5th Mar 07 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I know but they want a quick sale and if you dont ask you dont get - plus a lot of estate agents are recommending sellers to sell before june 1st when the HIP gets bought in!

plus were the first people in 9 weeks to put an offer in and the executors of the will need to get rid - the 20k under was what the estate agent recommend we do!

[Edited on 05-03-2007 by LiVe LeE]

HIP
RichR
Premium Member

5th Mar 07 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Home Information Pack (iirc) - basically it will become the sellers responsibility to provide all of the searches and surveys; higher costs to sell your house; but reduced cost to the buyer hence it being in the sellers interest to sell before 01/06
RichR
Premium Member

5th Mar 07 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.communities.gov.uk/index.asp?id=1150984
Cosmo

5th Mar 07 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the HIP idea had been scrapped for now? Or has it just been slimmed down a little?
RichR
Premium Member

5th Mar 07 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From 1 June 2007 all home owners in England and Wales will need to arrange for a Home Information Pack to be prepared before putting their homes up for sale. The Packs will contain an Energy Performance Certificate, searches and legal documents, which will be mandatory. A Home Condition Report can also be included by sellers on a voluntary basis.

http://www.homeinformationpacks.gov.uk/
RichR
Premium Member

5th Mar 07 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The required documents are:

An index (i.e. a list of the contents of the Pack)
A sale statement (summarising terms of sale)
Evidence of title
Standard searches (i.e. local authority enquiries and a drainage and water search)
An Energy Performance Certificate
Where appropriate, commonhold information (including a copy of the commonhold community statement)
Where appropriate, leasehold information (including a copy of the lease, information on service charges and insurance)
Where appropriate, a New Homes Warranty
Where appropriate, a report on a home that is not physically complete
A Home Condition Report*
The authorised documents include:
Guarantees and warranties
Other searches.
whitter45

5th Mar 07 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This will agian be put back as the market is not ready for it and there are not enough experts in the field to deliver this

Its like the carbon emission targets that were set for 2006. they were put back to 2009 as we do not have the expertise to deliver this
Colin

5th Mar 07 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is HIP going to come into force in Scotland at any time soon???
RichR
Premium Member

5th Mar 07 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
This will agian be put back as the market is not ready for it and there are not enough experts in the field to deliver this

Its like the carbon emission targets that were set for 2006. they were put back to 2009 as we do not have the expertise to deliver this

apparently all set to go and come into force on 01 June this year
RichR
Premium Member

12th Mar 07 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump for the update
C2RL R

12th Mar 07 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bet your glad you went so low with your first offer pal.
RichR
Premium Member

12th Mar 07 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah; we could have gone in more sensible with the offer - but all the signs indicated that they wanted a fast sale so seemed the right thing to do given the circumstances!
whitter45

12th Mar 07 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much mate in the end did you pay
RichR
Premium Member

12th Mar 07 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£116,500; they wanted £131,000 but ceiling price on road is £185k
whitter45

12th Mar 07 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one mate
RichR
Premium Member

12th Mar 07 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only issue is I think the house is the ugliest house I've ever seen

However the next door neighbours have had he tiles removed from the front and rendered the house an off white colour, had a reclaimed brick porch built and it looks amazing; more country cottage style than 50's/60's semi. Having quotes for that at the minute

[Edited on 12-03-2007 by LiVe LeE]
whitter45

12th Mar 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more importantly no stamp duty to pay now saved yourself 1310 quid mate
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Mar 07 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

slight update, survey, valuation and searches were all completed yesterday so am now waiting to hear back about them.

New Poll