corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 18 Month old Corsa various problems!! Help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 18 Month old Corsa various problems!! Help!
SRi~Guy

User status: Offline
   21st Feb 07 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys. Been a while since i posted anythin on here. Bought a 1.3CDTi corsa 18 months ago. The past few months iv had various little problems with it. Hope you guys can help me!
1st... When goin over speed bumps or any sort of bump in general, high speed or otherwise, i get creaking sounds from the front and rear suspension. Dunno what it could be, not the foggiest idea.

2nd... My handbreak is absolutely appauling! I took it back to the dealership and asked them to check it and fix it. They tightened the cable and said it was fine. It still sucks. I cant lock the rear wheels, and even at 4 or 5 clicks, if i drive away, the rear wheels will turn.

3rd... (possibly related to 2nd) When car is stationary (not advisable to test when moving) If i push the brake pedal down all the way, it doesnt feel hard, it goes down all the way and another daunting creak from the rear of the car. Although braking while driving seems fine.

4th.. Dont quite kno how to describe this one. the past few weeks, if i rev the engine, as soon as it gets to 1.5k to 2k. The engine makes a funny noise. I kno diesel engines sound rough, but it sounds raw. maybe somethin to do with the turbo cus of the rev range. cant give more info on this unless you heard it. Its definately not how it used to be tho.

Thanks in advance people
Mase
Premium Member

21st Feb 07 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRi~Guy
2nd... My handbreak is absolutely appauling! I took it back to the dealership and asked them to check it and fix it. They tightened the cable and said it was fine. It still sucks. I cant lock the rear wheels, and even at 4 or 5 clicks, if i drive away, the rear wheels will turn.

My mums 03 plate sxi has been the same since we have owned it (from nearly new). We have to put it in 1st otherwise, it edges its way down the drive when you get in it !!! Its been back to the garage a few times now, but all they say is that it only goes up 4 clicks like its supposed to and its fine....

Mase
lozacorsa

21st Feb 07 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alrite mate! Right you have the exact same problems as my girlfriend! She has a '04 Corsa Design. She got it about a year ago and it was about 14 months old. 6,000 miles and she had had it about 2 months and things jus started going wrong. First of all the electric window rollers dropped so everytime you wound the window up the glass bent and didnt close properly. Then the A/C stopped working. We took it up to our vauxhall dealer and then sorted it out under warrenty!

About a month after there was this banging everytime there was the slightest bump in the road or speed bumps or anything.. it got worse and worse really quickly.. after a few hundred miles it was so bad we took it back up and they had it in there and couldnt find a problem.. Got it back and it was still happening so we took it back had a curtosy car and they rang to say it was the steering rack! The changed that and a couple of other bits and its been fine!

Then about 2 weeks later she was driving along and went to put it in 4th and there was a massive bang and the car stopped and the gear box has gone too lol! So they replaced that too.

This has all happened and the car has done less than 10,000 miles and is like 2 years old loool. But as far as that banging goes from the suspension its the steering rack..

Hope this helps dude!
SRi~Guy

22nd Feb 07 at 06:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its more of a creaking mate. And it comes from the front and the rear :S
Maybe a corsa wasnt the best choice
bubble

22nd Feb 07 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

anti roll bars.

certain corsa c's made in zaragosa had issues with body panels flexing, causing creaking problems.
Adam-D

22nd Feb 07 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:

anti roll bars.

certain corsa c's made in zaragosa had issues with body panels flexing, causing creaking problems.

isnt tha fixed by spraying waxoil inside the panels?
bubble

22nd Feb 07 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:

anti roll bars.

isnt tha fixed by spraying waxoil inside the panels?

when i had worked at vaux, there was a field remedy which involved removing rear trims and drilling a hole through chassis and riveting a pop rivet in there to reduce stress.

seemed a bit poxy tbh, but seemed to work.

New Poll