corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » mantzel inlet fitting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mantzel inlet fitting
davey_jack

User status: Offline
6th Feb 07 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought my mantzel inlet from L30 SCT on here, done loads of searches on here too to find out about fitting it, alot of people are suggesting using the cav 1.7 td hose between the throttle body and air filter, BUT i went to the breakers today and opened up the bonnet on a cav 1.7td and the hose didnt have the hole for the air temp sensor, went to vauxhall and they said they no longer could get them. What did other people do when they fitted their mantzel's?
davey_jack

6th Feb 07 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

?
shane2corsa

7th Feb 07 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just sell the mantzel to me i was going to have it off L30 SCT but you beat me to it
Dean_W

7th Feb 07 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres some pics of the vacum hoses. Which confuse a lot of people.

I bought my Mantzel direct from them. They supply the hose. The hose is off a Cav 1.7TD with an Isuzu engine. (I think)

If you get stuck, send me a PM.
Superlite Ltd.

7th Feb 07 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davey_jack
Bought my mantzel inlet from L30 SCT on here, done loads of searches on here too to find out about fitting it, alot of people are suggesting using the cav 1.7 td hose between the throttle body and air filter, BUT i went to the breakers today and opened up the bonnet on a cav 1.7td and the hose didnt have the hole for the air temp sensor, went to vauxhall and they said they no longer could get them. What did other people do when they fitted their mantzel's?

vaux lied mate, im pretty sure thats not a NLS part.
davey_jack

7th Feb 07 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guy showed me the screen and it said "NLS" under all of the hoses for that engine, and i know the guys in there on a first name basis too!
Scotty C

7th Feb 07 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just used a genuine mantzel intake pipe, I got lucky and saw one for sale on here for £12 so I snapped it up -

Best bet is to contact Mantzel and ask for a intake pipe?

[Edited on 07-02-2007 by Monster]
Dean_W

7th Feb 07 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Monster
genuine mantzel intake pipe

They are a GM item. But a good idea to call Mantzel.
csweatherston

7th Feb 07 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can get the hoses for around £27 + postage..
they need to be 63mm inlet, 60mm outlet, with a 45degree bend...

i just sold my old one, you missed out
davey_jack

8th Feb 07 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have u2u matey!
csweatherston

8th Feb 07 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just found out postage on the hoses is £1.85 as i sent one today...
davey_jack

9th Feb 07 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
quote:
Originally posted by Monster
genuine mantzel intake pipe

They are a GM item. But a good idea to call Mantzel.

Anyone got a part number for these? or a phone number for mantzel?
I tried their website just now and it didnt work! www.mantzel.de just displays a pic of a car with something written in german, im guessin it says under construction or some sh!t.

By the way just to clear this up for anyone else wanting to fit a mantzel on an x14xe or x16xe engine, a cavalier 1.7 TD hose does NOT fit, I repeat does NOT fit. There is no hole for the air flow sensor, and only one end of the hose actually fits around the air box or throttle body! Pissed off now because I just want to get the bastard thing on my engine, but I cant get hold of a suitable hose!
davey_jack

27th Feb 07 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Follow up, got in contact with regal autosport, and got them to send me the hose used on their dbilas flowtec manifold for the x14xe...forget it, the hose doesnt even have the hole for the sensor.
I used the cavalier 1.7TD hose in the end, although it doesnt have the hole for the sensor, you can drill one (ill find out what size drill bit I used if anyone needs the info) Also it wont fit on the standard air box, one end fits the throttle body, however if you have a K&N 57i like me, it will fit over the outer edge of that perfectly! The original "sleeve" that comes with the K&N kit goes on the inner edge of the flange, where as the cavalier hose goes on the outer edge, so providing you can secure it properly so the air filter isnt flapping about, you're fine! I might actually do a tutorial if there is enough demand for one as I've looked into this matter quite a bit!

New Poll