corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » SHOCKING NEWS ABOUT TAKEOVER - update on pg4

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SHOCKING NEWS ABOUT TAKEOVER - update on pg4
Cosmo

User status: Offline
31st Jan 07 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those gossip bits are great....'my brothers, best mates, sisters, dog walker has just seen Henry, Ronaldinho and Kaka at Anfield wearing Liverpool kits'
Russ

31st Jan 07 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
no apparently what i just poisted is from the gossip bits of thew bbc transfer day ticker thing,, msorry!

altho apparentl fernando torres is being given a guided tour of highbury and islington

ive heard hes joining wolves
Robbo

31st Jan 07 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
those gossip bits are great....'my brothers, best mates, sisters, dog walker has just seen Henry, Ronaldinho and Kaka at Anfield wearing Liverpool kits'
Aye
Hammer

31st Jan 07 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Oh that's why they paid that money for Carrick and are willing to do the same for Hargreaves then, all that debt to spend

so are you telling me they arent in 660m debt?

It depends what you mean, it's a bit misleading.

If i personally was in £60k of debt say you wouldn't expect me to go out and buy a 30k car as I would have no money.

Man United can comfortably cope with the level of refinance on that amount of debt due to their whopping revenue stream, if they wanted they could run far more prudently (i.e. dont buy expensive midfielders) and chop huge chunks off that figure in no time in financial terms.
Cosmo

31st Jan 07 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just hope this Gillet bid is better than the DIC one, otherwise Parry and Moores best be on the phone to Dubai now saying sorry and getting it back on track!
Cosmo

31st Jan 07 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If i personally was in £60k of debt say you wouldn't expect me to go out and buy a 30k car as I would have no money.

Man United can comfortably cope with the level of refinance on that amount of debt due to their whopping revenue stream, if they wanted they could run far more prudently (i.e. dont buy expensive midfielders) and chop huge chunks off that figure in no time in financial terms.

you say this everytime and then never come out with the figures when I ask...

Utds debt charges are £60m+ a season, not once in the past have they EVER made enough profit to cover this sort of debt. ever. Now if you can show me where they can cover this sort of money in the future, aswell as keeping on spending so much money then fine, do so. But Im certain you cant.

And if you do, dig up the post from the other day and post it in there.
Russ

31st Jan 07 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

you say this everytime and then never come out with the figures when I ask...

Utds debt charges are £60m+ a season, not once in the past have they EVER made enough profit to cover this sort of debt. ever. Now if you can show me where they can cover this sort of money in the future, aswell as keeping on spending so much money then fine, do so. But Im certain you cant.

And if you do, dig up the post from the other day and post it in there.

they will sell rooney and ronny and be in credit?
Tom

We should have took that offer without looking at gillet, I know it's probably good business practice to consider all options along with havign shareholders best interests at front of mind. but seriously if Gillet operates a big ass sports agency they are going to want alot of control which we have publically stated we don;t want to get involved with.

DIC deal sounded alot better, I'll be miffed if this fucks my club up
Cosmo

quote:
Originally posted by Russ

330m each
Russ

31st Jan 07 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Russ

330m each
erm.. yes to totenham, and you get silvestre to
Cosmo

31st Jan 07 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
We should have took that offer without looking at gillet, I know it's probably good business practice to consider all options along with havign shareholders best interests at front of mind. but seriously if Gillet operates a big ass sports agency they are going to want alot of control which we have publically stated we don;t want to get involved with.

DIC deal sounded alot better, I'll be miffed if this fucks my club up

agreed. Although I think under certain rules when selling a business if any shareholder that owns more than 10% of the club requests that a certain bid be looked into by the board they have to do so.

I think the fact we basically asked for more time to look at Gillets pissed of DIC as they have done so much work upto now and saw it as a lack of respect from us. And with them saying Moores had agreed to their deal I guess it was some other shareholder that wanted to review Gillet in more detail (Morgan?).

There still hasnt been a press release from the club though so think their is work behind the scenes getting DIC back on board, and until then are keeping quiet!
Tom

31st Jan 07 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

**Touches some wood**

Cosmo

31st Jan 07 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
**Touches some wood**

yup, we shall see.

SSN is saying that Gillet only took a few days to complete his duediligence, where as DIC took over a month, so that had something to do with it too.

God knows though!
Cosmo

31st Jan 07 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MD of DIC (not the Sheik)

quote:

We are very disappointed to be making this announcement. DIC is a serious investor with considerable resources at its disposal. At the same time, we are supporters - of the game and of the club. Liverpool's investment requirements have been well publicised and, after a huge amount of work, we proposed a deal that would provide the club with the funds it needs, both on and off the pitch. We were also prepared to offer shareholders a significant premium on the market price of the shares. However, we will not overpay for assets.

Liverpool is the most successful football club in English football history. It exists to win things for its supporters. It deserves to be in the hands of people who support it, who understand its history and legend and who share the enthusiasm and passion of its fans. As businessmen, we move on. As fans, we hope that the new owners would share the same vision as we had for LFC and, of course, in realising the new stadium that is so badly needed to ensure the club can continue to compete at the highest level in the Premiership and Europe. I am sure I will be back at Anfield with my family soon to support my team, as I have done so in the last 30-plus years. In the meantime, I wish the manager, the players and everyone connected with the club the best of fortune for the challenges ahead and will make sure that I am there the day they lift the Premiership trophy.

[Edited on 31-01-2007 by Cosmo]
Cosmo

31st Jan 07 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Club statement...

Liverpool Football Club has noted today's announcement by Dubai International Capital.
The process of seeking new owners for the club is still underway and a decision on the future will be taken in the next few days.

Very detailed
Marc

1st Feb 07 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
they are in 660m worth of debt

Conway563

1st Feb 07 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Newcastle could be the next target for Dubai International Capital. (Daily Mail)

Nath

1st Feb 07 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Branners
Newcastle could be the next target for Dubai International Capital. (Daily Mail)

I thought this dude was a Liveroool fan, so he wanted to buy Liverpool.

I'm well sceptical about all these foriegn takeovers.
Conway563

1st Feb 07 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what I'm thinking. I really didn't want the Belgravia takeover to go through but if DIC are gonna put the kinda money they were talking about with liverpool into us then it might be good. I've said for a while Fat Freddy Shepard has to go. I just don't someone else who is gonna pay themselves over £2m a year and appear not to put much money into the club or transfers.
Marc

1st Feb 07 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gillette have tabled an improved offer for the team. DIC didn't take a liking to this.
Cosmo

1st Feb 07 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aslong as he isnt wanting a shared gorund, or to buy the club in a similar way to Glazier at Utd (with a lot of debt), then I'll be happy.
Marc

1st Feb 07 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just been talking about that, its bound to cause problems somewhere down the line. If both teams are playing on the same day in various competitions its going to potentially reshuffle the whole schedule.
Cosmo

1st Feb 07 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I've just been talking about that, its bound to cause problems somewhere down the line. If both teams are playing on the same day in various competitions its going to potentially reshuffle the whole schedule.

the news coming out is that he isnt interested in doing that, and think that must be the case as Moores just wouldnt of given his offer any thought.

Its just the other things about it that worry me, where is the money coming from (he isnt rich enough to just spend money he has), will he fund the ground in a similar way to Arsenal, etc. etc.
Marc

1st Feb 07 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe he'll borrow money from investers and you'll end up 660m in debt and have repayments of 62m but only be making 34m
RyanSxi

1st Feb 07 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe if you get into debt you might be top of the league having a laugh

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » SHOCKING NEWS ABOUT TAKEOVER - update on pg4 23 database queries in 0.2024670 seconds