corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Black Sri/Gee Ess Aye Project:) Updated 1/02/07

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Black Sri/Gee Ess Aye Project:) Updated 1/02/07
Mark330d

User status: Offline
29th Jan 07 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well today i finally got around to actually getting my Corsa back to the house after 1 month of it being abandonded at my brothers house. I had a nova at the house until today and my mum wasnt keen on the idea of 2 cars at the house in pieces so thats why i didnt get it brought over sooner. Anyway the Nova got scrapped along with my brothers ax run around.

The surprising thing is the AX started first time which considering it hadnt been started since october is a major achievement. My corsa hadnt been started in a week and a half and it refused to start today.

And now im glad i didnt lower it before as it would not have got onto the lorry if it had been lowered, the front bumper scuffed already going up and exhaust was catching aswell. Tomorrow i will finish painting my garage floor when i get back from college as it was too dusty before. Once that is done and its tidy ill bring the corsa in and get the engine stripped. New engine should be here anyday soon and i intend to fit it by saturday. Ill keep posting progress pics in this thread so keep looking. Engine going in is a 1.6 16 valve (c16 xe) for anyone that wants to know. Anyway heres some pics for now

An here's a pic from when id just started painting the garage floor:laugh:

M.

[Edited on 01-02-2007 by Mark330d]
bieransri

29th Jan 07 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how old are you?
Mark330d

29th Jan 07 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bieransri

29th Jan 07 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark330d

cool man, get stuck in

what engine is in it now?
Mark330d

29th Jan 07 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4 8valve, tappets are fecked on it though which is a pity as the engines only got 62k on it.
bieransri

29th Jan 07 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good old 8v tappet knock, well least you have got everthing there more or less, c16 xhe should use same mounts, shafts, rad and probly a few other bits wiring was worst for me in a nova but may not be too bad on a corsa as its same as what it came out of so

by the way you will probably need to ask this later on so i'll say now. if you aint using the powersteering use the 8v alternator, alternator bracket, bottom pulley and v belt :thumbs
Wonderboy

29th Jan 07 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your only 15 and your doing all the work your self ? Good on you! Are you doing mechanics at college or something ?

Looks nice, i would like to have a garage i could work it. I would love to strip a car
ChrisBoom

29th Jan 07 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wonderboy
Your only 15 and your doing all the work your self ? Good on you! Are you doing mechanics at college or something ?

Looks nice, i would like to have a garage i could work it. I would love to strip a car

Im 16, and I could fire a XE in a corsa now i rekon

Nah, probably could do most of it, helped do 4 Corsa XE's so far, and 2 nova XEs, plus a rake of other vauxhall engines, 1.0 ~ 1.6. Yay.

Nice car tho mate, dying for a black corsa, preferably a 1.4 Sport... Shall see!

Anyways, since you've got at fair while to wait befroe you can drive it, get that old engine out and get er sorted, just clean up the whole car really.

Mark330d

29th Jan 07 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wonderboy

Yup doing mechanics, will be finished and ready to get an apprenticeship in June, I have a good few people that know their vauxhalls willing to help fit it if i need them but i want to learn how to do it myself. I think ill be buying some beers as i dont want to get stressed
ChrisBoom

29th Jan 07 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think ill be buying some beers as i dont want to get stressed

Tut Tut, underage drinking...

Well done
Marc

30th Jan 07 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
An here's a pic from when id just started painting the garage floor:laugh:
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/5588/photo0634.jpg

Shouldn't that be shed floor?!
pow
Premium Member

30th Jan 07 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking that !!!
Gez G

30th Jan 07 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see meee pretending to help in one of the pics!
He wants to do it all himself but plenty of people here to help including a few users off here for when he gets stuck!
Good luck with it lil bro!
Mark330d

1st Feb 07 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As the earlier pic showed i started to paint the garage floor to make it nicer to work in, but i got half of it done and then realised i couldnt be bothered doing more. Ill finish it when im really bored. Got all my tools and Cleaning stuff organised:

Got the corsa in:

Had a proper look at the old engine, As well as the clutch and tappets being fecked i now suspect the piston rings are shagged or the valve seals. Oh and the timing belt is in terrible condition.

Started to fit the rear springs:
Old Springs:

New Springs:

Started stripping out the loom for the old engine aswell. SHould be finished soon.
MikeE

1st Feb 07 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one mate good to hear you want to learn and have ago yourself
Gez G

1st Feb 07 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice progress
Wonderboy

2nd Feb 07 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Keep us posted on the progress please.
Gaz F

2nd Feb 07 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done mate i cant wait to see this and theres nothing like starting young ..... just like me when i was 15

Good luck matey!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Black Sri/Gee Ess Aye Project:) Updated 1/02/07 23 database queries in 0.0116880 seconds