corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Going bust, going bust, going bust.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Going bust, going bust, going bust.....
Nath

User status: Offline
26th Jan 07 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should edit my first post with:

*can open*

*worms everywhere*
Cosmo

26th Jan 07 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish Sooty was still here, could always count on him to get into an argument over this!

Marc...do you know if there are any other figures that came out today that will explain it a little more?
Rob_Quads

26th Jan 07 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do have to laugh at the way accounts spin it.

Its quite simple, people want to know how much money a club made

To me a company that took out a loan of 80M did not make any money that year. They made a loss othewise they would not have to take the loan out.

Bit like me each year taking out a 10K loan and then saying this yea I made 5K profit - wohooooo
Marc

26th Jan 07 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian won't have any of it. I've pleaded for the return of Sooters and confine him to Match Day

Only the story I've posted from the BBC.
Nath

26th Jan 07 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£50million from winning the Prem will go down nicely.
Cosmo

26th Jan 07 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

thats not this year though its next, so they'd have to do it again (if they win it this year!)
Nath

26th Jan 07 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

thats not this year though its next, so they'd have to do it again (if they win it this year!)

That'll do.
Cosmo

26th Jan 07 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
You do have to laugh at the way accounts spin it.

exactly, half the Utd fans out there (most of London and Far East?) will be like 'See, I knew we'd be making a load of money soon enough, this loan shite is easy!'
Hammer

26th Jan 07 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
regardless, when the accounts are released I would like to see what the interest repayments are like. I can only think they are huge as to only give the operating profit.

Like i've said before i have the copies of their accounts from the past 5 years and i understand them perfectly fine, they are in no trouble whatsoever it's not even worth debating over the debt is perfectly managable and is common practice.
Marc

26th Jan 07 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
exactly, half the Utd fans out there (most of London and Far East?) will be like 'See, I knew we'd be making a load of money soon enough, this loan shite is easy!'

Don't forget Northern fans

Its not going to disappear over night, but tell me how its any differant from someone remortgaging a house for a successful business?

Just about every game is a sell out, still in Europe which generates a lot of funds. Granted they missed out on £2.8m but still turned in a small profit. Big sponsorship deal, i can't find global marketing revenue but I'm pretty sure its huge?

If they were floating around the bottom of the Premiership then there may be cause for concern. Its pretty shit what Glazers done but on the whole the club makes money.
Cosmo

26th Jan 07 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Like i've said before i have the copies of their accounts from the past 5 years and i understand them perfectly fine, they are in no trouble whatsoever it's not even worth debating over the debt is perfectly managable and is common practice.

ahhh right, so these 5 years show the debt they have no do they...nope as werent under Glazier ownership them. Get these accounts and it will five more of an idea as to how they can handle this debt, but other than past revenues/profit levels the last 5 years are useless.

But whilst your there...the interest repayments are £62m according to what Marc just posted. Out of those 5 years of accounts you have, how many of them could of handled another £62m worth of payments?
Nath

26th Jan 07 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS what was I thinking when I created this thread!
Marc

26th Jan 07 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Cosmotrons writing an essay
Cosmo

26th Jan 07 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Its not going to disappear over night, but tell me how its any differant from someone remortgaging a house for a successful business?

Just about every game is a sell out, still in Europe which generates a lot of funds. Granted they missed out on £2.8m but still turned in a small profit. Big sponsorship deal, i can't find global marketing revenue but I'm pretty sure its huge?

You remortgage a house, you have to make sure your income can cover these new monthly costs, correct?

Well United have to cover their monthly (yearly) costs which you posted up before of being around £60m+...but not once have they EVER had this much profit in past years when they had no debt of this size. So where is the money going to come from to produce the extra amount!
Cosmo

26th Jan 07 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think Cosmotrons writing an essay

no, I didnt your post

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by Cosmo]
Nath

26th Jan 07 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about the other stuff the Glaziers own? Man Utd on its own might lose money, but what about income from other companies that can subsidise the losses?
Marc

26th Jan 07 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glazer has no debt what so ever and formed a company called Red UK, which I think Manchester United comes under which has the debt. As for his other companies I don't know if they come in to the day to day running/finances of the club.
Cosmo

26th Jan 07 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What about the other stuff the Glaziers own? Man Utd on its own might lose money, but what about income from other companies that can subsidise the losses?

Yeah, IF those companies are owned outright without debt (I have no idea if this is the case?) then Im sure this could well be one of the ways to cover the debt. From what I have read though this has never been mentioned as being one way in which they will be covering it.
Hammer

26th Jan 07 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I refuse to get dragged into this one

I will however place a bet, if your willing cosmo? that Man U will not go down the tubes, that they will continue to spend more than Liverpool and pay more wages even though they are supposedly doomed.
Cosmo

26th Jan 07 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Glazer has no debt what so ever and formed a company called Red UK, which I think Manchester United comes under which has the debt. As for his other companies I don't know if they come in to the day to day running/finances of the club.

Yes, the debt is secured on the assets of the club (ground, players, training complex, brand) not Glazier himself. Which is one thing Utd fans werent happy with IIRC as means Glazier has little risk.
Nath

26th Jan 07 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'm sorry
Cosmo

26th Jan 07 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I will however place a bet, if your willing cosmo? that Man U will not go down the tubes, that they will continue to spend more than Liverpool and pay more wages even though they are supposedly doomed.

Get dragged in, or atleast answer what I asked you about their profit levels over the last 5 years and how much debt they had over this period as Im sure it'll be some interesting figures.

Im not betting that they will go down the tubes as they would always be bailed out IF it did ever get there. But with out coming investment from DIC and all the talk Ive heard Id be willing to bet we'll be matching Utd's spending power in the next few years....without the investment Im sure we never would of, but then again we arent financed by debt.
Marc

26th Jan 07 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Annual profit £200m including sponsorship, merchandising and media partners.

Operating profit £49.7m

Shirt sponsorship deal £56.5m over 4 years

Refinancing dropped from £90m to £62m
Eck
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sincerely doubt Man Utd will go down the tubes. Yes the figures state otherwise, but I just can't see it tbh
Cosmo

26th Jan 07 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Annual profit £200m including sponsorship, merchandising and media partners.

Operating profit £49.7m

Shirt sponsorship deal £56.5m over 4 years

Refinancing dropped from £90m to £62m

profit isnt £200m

Your turnover is only 140m which includes all those deals mentioned.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Going bust, going bust, going bust..... 23 database queries in 0.0163999 seconds