corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Birmingham is a shit hole.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Birmingham is a shit hole.
jay kay

User status: Offline
24th Jan 07 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed is right tis a shit hole in town people had windows broken and stuff on cars and the police dont really care. Thats what pisses me off you call the police and they almost ask you not to press charges.
ed

24th Jan 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, they left a note with a 24 hour telephone line to call them at the station in the car. The writing is so messy I can't read it and number left isn't even in use. To say the least I am disgusted with the Police in this country.
jay kay

24th Jan 07 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mates window got smashed in city centre by the mailbox. The police said well you know when we catch them they will only get a fine most likely are you sure you still want to pursue this. I MEAN FFS !!!
craig_s

24th Jan 07 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i live in erdington and its not too bad.but places like aston'handsworth and lozells andother places like that are not safe to go on foot if you drive through there you try not to stop and you always have your doors locked.if you go down soho road your garunteed not to see a white person but its quite the opposite where i live because i live near kingstanding
Ant

24th Jan 07 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love brum im 18 miles form the city centre though, like all city's it has its fair share of problems.
jay kay

24th Jan 07 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I live in Sutton now nice and quiet forgot to lock my car for 3 days and it was still there albeit a 1.2 8v but still. I know we complain about crime BUT i used to live in stoke on trent when i was at uni. AHHHH how i missed the big city theres just no way of having the best of both worlds.

[Edited on 24-01-2007 by jay kay]
ed

24th Jan 07 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ant
I love brum im 18 miles form the city centre though, like all city's it has its fair share of problems.
Thats why you love it. You don't live there.
craig_s

24th Jan 07 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i live just down teh road from sutton thats why its not too bad here.if we go out clubbing we usually go to sutton now because town is so bad.
jay kay

24th Jan 07 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with you there sri power town is just full of drug dealers on broad street or people looking for a fight. Some nice girls though
Ant

24th Jan 07 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sri power
yeh i live just down teh road from sutton thats why its not too bad here.if we go out clubbing we usually go to sutton now because town is so bad.

please you can get into trouble anywhere Iv never ever had a problem whilst on the beer in brum
ed

24th Jan 07 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't go out on a weekend without getting agro from people. The student nights are slightly better, but walking home there are muggers and shit everywhere.
craig_s

24th Jan 07 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you go town you need to go in a big group otherwise your gunna get into a fight.or get robbed or worse i dont like goin up there in the day let alone the night lol
jay kay

24th Jan 07 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehe i have to admit ant is right although i guess the more you spend time in brum the more likely you are to encounter its bad sides.

i mean i grew up in Alum Rock but moved out about 8 years ago......
Ant

24th Jan 07 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel for you ed I really do but I go out on brad street and the arcadian a lot and never had a problem.

Though for women worcester is where its at
MarkM

24th Jan 07 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people have no respect...I feel for you...

I had the Astra 1 week and some cunt reversed into the side of it scuffing the passenger door...only saving grace was they never dented it...still has scratches on it though...this happened in a small close of 7-8 houses...

And did they leave a note?...did they fuck!
corsa jay

24th Jan 07 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i go college in bordersly green and thats a shit hole, vans in the car park always getting broken into 10 yards from the gates

i havent had any problems there for years ive been going, walking around on my own and stuff as well

CorsaLaydee

24th Jan 07 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely for the money you are paying to fix your car, why not hire a garage off the council? I pay 30quid a month for one and never had any hassle since. Its definatly worth it.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 23:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

News of this makes me fucking sick Scumbags!

This is why I refused to park my car in Fratton.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
davey_jack

24th Jan 07 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking joke, I hate stuff like this pisses me right off. I think we should get a corsa convoy to go to birmingham, load up with some guns, and shoot all the low life cunts on the streets, surely its got to be worth the hassle of 60quid fine for doing so?
davey_jack

24th Jan 07 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sometimes I think the crappy police and government force us to take the law into our own hands!
crazycorsa19

25th Jan 07 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everytime i read this posts it makes me think how lucky i am to live on the islw of wight were this thing is almost un heard off!!

alot less, police, alot less trouble, the list goes on
DarkBahamut

25th Jan 07 at 03:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sri power
i live in erdington and its not too bad.but places like aston'handsworth and lozells andother places like that are not safe to go on foot if you drive through there you try not to stop and you always have your doors locked.if you go down soho road your garunteed not to see a white person but its quite the opposite where i live because i live near kingstanding

I used to live in Erdington myself (and my mom still does). We've had our fair share of crime up there ourselfs, cars been done probabaly a couple of times and the house probabaly 5 or 6 in the past. It is somewhat better these days mind, nothings happened to us crime wise there for a couple of years now, but its certainly not what you'd call a low risk area either.
ClaireF

25th Jan 07 at 05:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hear that. wen my corsa got broke into cops did fuck all, apparntly no criminal damage, even though door was pulled forward etc. got a letter offering counceling lol wtf
MatG

25th Jan 07 at 06:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can not believe a lot off the genralisation and racism that is in this thread.

I am sorry to here that your car got broken into but it happens in any bad area of any city. Places you have mentioned, Aston, Erdington, lozels and the jewelary quarter are all rough areas. Why do you think its where the students live? Its cheap land = cheap housing for them.

I doubt really know of any major city where crime is not high in student areas, thats because scum pray on the people that dont know the area, or have little life experience.

I have lived in Birmingham all my life (now 31) I love it and always will, granted its changed some for the worst some for the better. The city centre is fantastic and bars and shopping areas are some of the best in the UK now. All you need to do is live on the right side of town and not live your side of town Almost all of the inner city area for housing is rough but then aren't all inner city areas??

Sorry about your car and I hope you get a result for it

[Edited on 25-01-2007 by MatG]
JM_16v

25th Jan 07 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hear bout your car ed hope it all sorts itself out and hope to see it at the POD on the 11th

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Birmingham is a shit hole. 23 database queries in 0.1962359 seconds