corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Setting up email in outlook express

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Setting up email in outlook express
nik

User status: Offline
16th Jan 07 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 3rd party email address setup in express currently. However it's hosted with my website hosts in Canada and the email seems to be very dodgy. Sometimes emails send/arrive hours or days late, sometimes they don't send/arrive at all so I have no way of knowing if a client has even got the dam email (have tried read receipt but then you don't know if the receipt has been lost on way to me!).

My broadband is with BT, is it possible to set up this email address with BT/servers ? All I want is to know it is working as it should, could be costing me £100s if it isn't!

Thanks!
ed

User status: Offline
16th Jan 07 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can get the MX server details from BT (and they allow you to do this) then you can change the MX information in your DNS file for the domain name of your website to point e-mails to the BT server.

If you cannot do that then you can setup e-mail forwarding which would forward messages onto your BT address, which could be more reliable...

New Poll