corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Parking Fine!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Parking Fine!
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
15th Jan 07 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate has just been given a £60 fine for apparently parking on double yellow lines BUT having looked where the lines were ment to be all we can see is spots of yellow paint in no way do they connect at any point!

There is also no T-bar at the end of the line or signs saying you shouldn't park there.

To top it all off my mate drives a Vauxhall Astra and the make of the car the fool has put on the ticket is "Peugeot"

I think he has a pretty strong case to appeal just wondered if any of you agree or know of any reason why he might not get off with it.

We have taken pictures of the "lines"

Cheers

johnhara1

15th Jan 07 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

send photos with covering letter to the company who issued fine and see wot happens.

a m8 of mine got ticketed while putting money in machine to get ticket. Ticket was issued seconds after he got the parking fine. He wrote a letter and sent in his ticket and the fine charges got dropped.
JonnyJ

15th Jan 07 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMG thats rediculous what happened to your mate, we was reading one about a guy who got fine while he was been put into an ambulance after a car accident!!
Brett
Premium Member

15th Jan 07 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a parking ticket from Euro Car Parks for parking in a disabled spot at Asda. I just threw it away in disgust and never heard anything of it

If it's issued by the council or the police tho then that'd be another story.
abdus

15th Jan 07 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when was that loafofbrett?

they can send third party debt collectors
johnhara1

15th Jan 07 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i saw one when a woman got ticketed because her ticket wasnt clearly displayed through the windscreen. Reason was it had been snowing for hours and her car was completely covered!!! true story it was on the news
JonnyJ

15th Jan 07 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah its one that goes through the courts i think brett.
Brett
Premium Member

15th Jan 07 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by abdus
when was that loafofbrett?

they can send third party debt collectors

It was when I had my saxo, so a while ago.

They "could" send debt collectors but so what? i'll just tell them to suck my dick and fuck off.
loubielou

15th Jan 07 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had 3 tickets in my first month of passing my test. 1 was my own fault but the other 2 wernt. One of them i was parked outside my house in the residents parking bit with my permit showing and they gave me a ticket and said there wasn't a valid permit or ticket on show, and the other one was when my ticket was upside down youd think they would have noticed? but obviously not
K2 GTi

15th Jan 07 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because you're well ard aint you Brett
JonnyJ

15th Jan 07 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So going on what ive said do you think he has case, cant post the pics up yet as they are on his phone and we are at uni
Brett
Premium Member

15th Jan 07 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
Because you're well ard aint you Brett

What are they gonna do? seriously?

Add a parking ticket to my credit record? I still owe vodafone £350 so i can't see me paying euro-bastard-carparks £30 tbh.
K2 GTi

15th Jan 07 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't even think Asda could issue tickets?
Brett
Premium Member

15th Jan 07 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
I didn't even think Asda could issue tickets?

The carpark is run by "euro carparks" who apparantly can.

I'm sure I read somewhere that you don't have to pay these anyway. Are the DVLA allowed to give out my address to euro carparks? Isn't that covered under data protection or something?

Sorry to originaly thread poster as this doesn't help you.
Stu

15th Jan 07 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got one on PC world after spending about £300 off Euro Car Parks. They had just introduced the "free" ticket machine where you can park free for an hour or summat? Id only been in there 10 mins and not noticed this new machine. I just told the guy if he even tried putting the ticket he'd wrote out on my car Id snap his arm off.

Never heard anything since? That was when I had my M3 so it must be at least 5 years ago?

Stu
Ben D

15th Jan 07 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brett your from Ashton aint ya mate? I didnt even think you had to pay for a parking ticket there? I never do anyway... Could have just been some1 taking the piss?

Benji
johnhara1

15th Jan 07 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best one is when i park in disabled bays and if a warden is on patrol and asks me "oi are you disabled,? you dont look disabled!"

I reply yes i am, i have terrets now FUCK OFF!!"
abdus

15th Jan 07 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

google for it....loads and loads of info

esp on ECP
Brett
Premium Member

15th Jan 07 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by benji_2k5
Brett your from Ashton aint ya mate? I didnt even think you had to pay for a parking ticket there? I never do anyway... Could have just been some1 taking the piss?

Benji

It was Ashton Asda, yeah

Yeah mate, they defiantely issue tickets, altho the inspector only seems to work in the daytime i.e. 9-5 mon-sat

What car have you got? I'll look out for you and dust ya
Brett
Premium Member

15th Jan 07 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
Best one is when i park in disabled bays and if a warden is on patrol and asks me "oi are you disabled,? you dont look disabled!"

I reply yes i am, i have terrets now FUCK OFF!!"

I'm still waiting for this to happen

When they ask i'm gonna reply "no, but my daughter is" and then photo his face
All Torque

15th Jan 07 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
My mate has just been given a £60 fine for apparently parking on double yellow lines BUT having looked where the lines were ment to be all we can see is spots of yellow paint in no way do they connect at any point!

There is also no T-bar at the end of the line or signs saying you shouldn't park there.

To top it all off my mate drives a Vauxhall Astra and the make of the car the fool has put on the ticket is "Peugeot"

I think he has a pretty strong case to appeal just wondered if any of you agree or know of any reason why he might not get off with it.

Cheers

Back on topic

I think he has a VERY strong case to get off the fine here. If it wasnt clearly marked then he shouldnt really worry. Just remember that Parking Attendants are not always funded by the council so if he's still having trouble then write to the council and send them pics. The charge will soon be dropped and the council will paint the lines again. Also the attendant not writing down the correct car manufacturer is a bonus to you too

Your mate will be fine.
JonnyJ

15th Jan 07 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that Euro Car Parks abdus? The fine was not issued by them, was a company employed by the university.

We had a look on some sites but it seems a bit of a grey area. If the lines are broken and dont have a t-bar can they still fine you (as this was the reason stated on the ticket "parking on double yellows")

Im sure i was watching Fifth Gear once and they said if it was broken/no t-bar then you were fine to park there as long as there are no signs stating you cant park there (which there aren't)
JonnyJ

15th Jan 07 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

Cheers

Back on topic

I think he has a VERY strong case to get off the fine here. If it wasnt clearly marked then he shouldnt really worry. Just remember that Parking Attendants are not always funded by the council so if he's still having trouble then write to the council and send them pics. The charge will soon be dropped and the council will paint the lines again. Also the attendant not writing down the correct car manufacturer is a bonus to you too

Your mate will be fine.

Cheers All Torque

Having spoke to our tutor he says the attendents are only paid by issusing fines that end in a successful conviction (if that makes any sense) so im guessing they are just slapping them on any car and hoping the person cant be bothered to appeal?
All Torque

15th Jan 07 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got it in one.

(my brother is a Parking attendant, works for VINCI)
abdus

15th Jan 07 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes euro car parks....

private companies cannot coerce you into paying imo unless a court order is issued.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Parking Fine! 22 database queries in 0.1024511 seconds