corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Punto GT...again

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Punto GT...again
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Jan 07 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to look at a Punto GT today. Needs 1 new wing mirror,(easy to get). BUT it also has a fuel leak. The leak is where the fuel line joins the connector thing that bolts onto the fuel pump. Ive been round all the scrappies round here, and a couple of motor factors. Where can i get the fuel line from? Without going to fiat?

Cheers
Rob B

11th Jan 07 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont buy a punto GT if you cant afford a connector from FIat.
Gary
Premium Member

11th Jan 07 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just cant be arsed buying the whole fuel line, when i could just get the connector block with 6" of pipe and connect it to the origional pipe.

If anyone knows where theres a punto in a scrappy U2U me and ill pay for you to get the part for me!
Gary
Premium Member

11th Jan 07 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone...?
Gary
Premium Member

11th Jan 07 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, i think it might be the fuel filter not pump
Robin
Premium Member

11th Jan 07 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buying the whole fuel line would be the better option, cutting and joining would leak after a while.
ainsley_brader

11th Jan 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No reason for it to leak if done properly but a new line from fiat probably isnt that dear
Gary
Premium Member

11th Jan 07 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'l give em a call tomorrow.
Joe

11th Jan 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it on the drivers side near the rear wheel behind the sill?
Chris Bingham

11th Jan 07 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bear in mind that GT tanks are metal and leak like fcuk. £500 part alone from Fiat.

Like Rob says, if you can't afford a small part from Fiat, don't buy a GT. GT's aint the cheapest to run and maintain.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Punto GT...again 22 database queries in 0.0136220 seconds