corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » maybe a project ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author maybe a project ?
SAL
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Dec 06 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in two minds at the mo to buy this corsa

its a 1.4 sri with a few bits done like scorion zorst spax springs and a bit of bodywork

the idea

stripped with an xe and male it look like a sri again - the interior

anyone wanna help ?
STEvieXE

28th Dec 06 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

way things seem to be at the minute i think itd be better and cheaper to buy a xe converted corsa and just mint it up to how u like...
SAL
Premium Member

28th Dec 06 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this was goin to be a hands on project that wouldnt really see the road until finished. i would have a very tight budget £0 at the mo lol no i would try and do it on the cheap for eg second hand parts and alot of elbow grease...
Anthony

28th Dec 06 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suppose it depends how much it is really and how much you want to spend..

id go for it , if its a good price, and also if you want to do the work your self, and learn stuff..
SAL
Premium Member

28th Dec 06 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rear
STEvieXE

28th Dec 06 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well imo best to use one that an engine is i and all save on conversion kit etc, unless its so rough but if it is its only a matter of changing mounts to mtech etc..

buying one to tidy will be cheaper imo in the long run and more than likely not envolve as much work, even at worst atill not as much work as starting from scratch.
SAL
Premium Member

28th Dec 06 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jonesy_sri
suppose it depends how much it is really and how much you want to spend..

id go for it , if its a good price, and also if you want to do the work your self, and learn stuff..

its cheap as chip tbh

i would'nt spend anything on body mods or stripping it out

would need some buckets,harneses and the xe + running gear etc
SAL
Premium Member

28th Dec 06 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still have my blue corsa which is in perfect condition so iv allways got that, it would just be good to see what i could do with this reka lol. i might be changing my 1.6 to something a bit bigger in 2007 so i could allways put that in as is healthy @120 bhp with no map
STEvieXE

28th Dec 06 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well would be a gd thing to put cheap suspension /brakes and engine in on a budget and fleece stupid rather than transplanting ur blue one and risk totalling it??
SAL
Premium Member

28th Dec 06 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

risking what ?
Anthony

28th Dec 06 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u do, and make it look like an sri again, put a pre 97 front bumper on, and sell me the post 97

oh and skirts

lol

[Edited on 28-12-2006 by jonesy_sri]
SAL
Premium Member

28th Dec 06 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it would be getting the old bumpers on again which i would paint black with the wheels and arch trims
STEvieXE

28th Dec 06 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wrecking the blue one? i mean better to buy the other one and xeing it and using it to its full potential rather than xeing ur blue one and being scared to drive it incase u smack it??
SAL
Premium Member

28th Dec 06 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the skirts will fall apart when i rip them off they look messy
Anthony

28th Dec 06 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u bought it then ? good on ya, get it done !!
SAL
Premium Member

28th Dec 06 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im never scared to drive it lol i see what you mean that is still undicided though. its just i would rather put the xe in the blue corsa because i use it everyday tax tested and all that. the sri would be a bit of d.i.y to learn a bit more plus something to do in the evenings the blue one is finished in the way of bodywork interior and engine but theres room for improvement ie a decent rebuilt xe or a let if i could find one
SAL
Premium Member

28th Dec 06 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jonesy_sri
u bought it then ? good on ya, get it done !!

not as yet matie possibly during jan i might dable
vaux-tech

29th Dec 06 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i might have a 93 black sri for sale in jan, with new engine in. 1.4 8v. 105k mileage, bit of rust on tailgate and small dent in bonnet. u2u if ur interested. lookin for around £500.
SAL
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vaux-tech
i might have a 93 black sri for sale in jan, with new engine in. 1.4 8v. 105k mileage, bit of rust on tailgate and small dent in bonnet. u2u if ur interested. lookin for around £500.

cheers mate this sri is only £200 with a few more miles though
vaux-tech

29th Dec 06 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no probs
corsatpot

29th Dec 06 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stavs buy it m8, and stick to ya tight budget!!! just do what ya said above!!! i will contribute by selling you my mint redtop in my car at the mo for a tidy sum!! lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » maybe a project ? 23 database queries in 0.0176239 seconds