corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Xbox cabling and connecting to online questions......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Xbox cabling and connecting to online questions......
corb

User status: Offline
24th Dec 06 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my Xbox 360 yesterday, firstly I must comment at how amazing the graphics are !!!

Anyway, the lead that came with it goes from the xbox into my T.V.'s component inputs. My tele is HD ready, and, not knowing a lot about stuff like this, is that actually using the HDTV part of my tele? or should I be using a different type of connection, would I be better off with another connection? Cause there a 'HDMI' plug on the back of the t.v. which isnt being used and I thought should be? Dunno? Help?! Cheers..

Also, connecting to Xbox Live, I have to unplug the ethernet cable from the p.c., power down the modem for a couple minutes, then connect it up to the xbox and turn it all on, then the same in reverse to reconnect the p.c. to the internet. Is there anyway around this so I dont have to fuck about all the time? what about using both at the same time? Would I need some sort of router or something to do that? Again, Cheers.

Many Thanks, Corb.
flash22

24th Dec 06 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i take it you got the core system if you want to use hd you will need to get the hd cable the ms one is £20 and the joytech ones are £12. If you got the premium system it should have the hd cable with it then it just a case of seting it up in the menus on the xbox

As for xbox live you best bet is to get a router to replace the modem but it depends weather or not you on cable or adsl (bt) to what type of router you need netgear or linksys are the ones tobe looking at and thay start aroun £35-40

[Edited on 24-12-2006 by flash22]
corb

24th Dec 06 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on Telewest/Blueyonder/Cable?? whatever you call it!

Core system?
flash22

24th Dec 06 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your need a cable router then. do you need wireless at all ??

The core system is the basic one with out the Harddrive and the hd cable

corb

24th Dec 06 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, it has a harddrive aparently. Is that the thing that clips into the side/top with HDD written on it?

Dont have wireless atm, but if I wanted it, would it be a case of just buying a different, more expensive router? And how would that work with my p.c.? does something plug into it so it can pick up the wireless signal type thing?
flash22

24th Dec 06 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
No, it has a harddrive aparently. Is that the thing that clips into the side/top with HDD written on it?

Dont have wireless atm, but if I wanted it, would it be a case of just buying a different, more expensive router? And how would that work with my p.c.? does something plug into it so it can pick up the wireless signal type thing?

edit. what modem do you have at the mo ?

wireless routers are ar £15-20 more than a non wireless router.

As for connecting it all up you modem would plug into the router and the xbox and pc would plug into that via a network cable to keep things simple

Steve
Premium Member

24th Dec 06 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no corb thats fine as long as the little box at the bottom of the component cable is switched to HD it will be HD
LeeM

24th Dec 06 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

>>this<< if ure not bothered about havin the xbox wireless

>>or this<<>>and this<< if ya wanna go wireless
Dom

24th Dec 06 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there a HDMI connector out for the 360?
Eitherway, you can use component or VGA, both will offer HD up to 1080i (atleast).

And as said, just buy a half decent router (>This<, >This<, >This< and >This<) . And if don't have to have wireless on the 360 then i wouldn't bother, just wire it in to the router. Though it's worth getting a wireless router just for future proofing (pay a little more) but its useful if you ever get a laptop etc

also, if you go wireless on the 360, dont bother with microsofts own 360 wireless crap dongle (which is shockingly usb), just use a normal ethernet bridge (that connects via the ethernet port)...works out cheaper too

[Edited on 24-12-2006 by Dom]
ssj_kakarot

24th Dec 06 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does your pc have 2 ethernet ports if so you can share the connection between your pc and xbox at the same time.

New Poll