corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Peugeot W*nking F*CKS

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Peugeot W*nking F*CKS
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Dec 06 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took my car in today for them to do a "diagnosis" as i suspected a faulty air mass sensor. First of all they said i would just need to leave it there for the morning, or wait, they said it will take max of two hours to fit it in. So i left it there about 9:45.

Two hours later i ring up, no mr williams we havent had time to look at it yet.

12 o clock comes so i ring again, its just going in now mr williams ring us back in an hour and a half.

An hour and a half!!! i say, all youve got to do it plug it into a machine it takes 20 mins max.

There reply "Weeell its not quite as simple as that we've got to read the memory banks which will give us a fault code then we have to diagnose what that fault code means..."

DONT BLOODY BULLSHIT ME, IV DONE DIAGS YOU GET A FAULT CODE AND LOOK IT UP IN SECONDS.

So i say im ringing back in an hour, 1 o clock comes and i ring up "hello mr williams the technician has started looking at it but is on lunch so i cannot find out what state its in"

By this point im growing impatient with there bullshit, all they have to do is perform a 20 minute diagnosis and its already taken them 3+ hours.

I leave it til 2:30 and go down, they are still faffing around but i wait until they have finished, the guy had taken it for a road test, a road test? since when did that come under a diagnosis for fault codes!!

He turns up and i get the joy of £30 for to tell me basically fuck all.

Anyway i leave, about 2/3rds of a mile up the road i notice the petrol light is on, i think WTF i left it with 1/4 of a tank + when i left it there, now there is nothing, the next second i fucking run out :mad right on a dual carriageway on the brow of a hill in a right dangerous spot.

I ring the fuckers back up and demand someone comes and picks me up to get petrol, i said where the fuck have you been in it as a 1/4 of a tank of fuel is gone "well mr williams the technician said he only took it down the road round a roundabout and back"

YEAH WHERE WAS THIS FUCKING ROUNDABOUT TIMBUKTWO

some tosser turns up and takes me to get petrol.

Not a good expirience
mwg

18th Dec 06 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happy Christmas
j10E W

18th Dec 06 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they saw you coming
TNM

18th Dec 06 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
Happy Christmas
Nic Barnes

18th Dec 06 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vagweb.co.uk
Bram

18th Dec 06 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My names Steven and the world evolves around me
Colin

18th Dec 06 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should always take a note mileage when leaving your car to be worked on & avoid the stealership at all costs!! Thought you knew that
shane_o

18th Dec 06 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always wait and demand that it goes in asap
essex bad boi

18th Dec 06 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat cheeky buggers
Steve
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bram
My names Steven and the world evolves around me

i have no problems with waiting if they are busy, what angers me is when they try and patronise me by justifying why a diag machine takes 1.5 hours to complete the job when started.

Then caning all my fuel is the tip of the iceberg
SXi_Tim

18th Dec 06 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simple, Main dealers = wankers
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
18th Dec 06 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
what angers me is when they try and patronise me by justifying why a diag machine takes 1.5 hours to complete the job when started.
Perhaps they felt that you couldn't comprehend that your car was one of many which they were working on that day, and they wouldn't be doing a 20 minute read out in the 20 minutes of your choosing.
Baskey

18th Dec 06 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to the joys of French car dealers,

Word of advice....dont bother, just take it to a 'propper garage'

Mind you £30 for a diagnosis is cheep, renault charge £45 + vat.
M6RKK

18th Dec 06 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shite
Steve
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
what angers me is when they try and patronise me by justifying why a diag machine takes 1.5 hours to complete the job when started.
Perhaps they felt that you couldn't comprehend that your car was one of many which they were working on that day, and they wouldn't be doing a 20 minute read out in the 20 minutes of your choosing.

ian they said they had started working on the car but would take them 1.5 hours to finish the diag readout

[Edited on 18-12-2006 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or even if they said, we are starting it now, but as we will be looking at it between jobs it will take up to 1.5 hours, no they tried to explain it by saying a diagnosis take 1.5 hours, which i found highly patronising, as when i explained i know whats involved in the process they tried to say "well its no as simple as that"
anyone with half an ounce of sense woulve thought, ok this guy probably knows a little bit about it so i best not talk shit

Rob B

18th Dec 06 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to good, i have mine dioged every 2 weeks as mates work at peugeot and it takes about 5 minutes and they certainly dont have to take it on a road test unless it comes up with a fault,.... cause they would clear that fault take it out, then read it again to see if the faults returned..
Steve
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes they found no faults...

wat makes me laugh these days is if the diag machine shows no fault codes they just give you the car back and say they dont know whats wrong

Rob B

18th Dec 06 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well id ask why it needed to be taken on a road test too, i might of missed it but was the excuse for that ?
Steve
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no excuse tbh obviously some apprentice wanted to rag something and took it for a long drive, no wonder it took them so long, it mustve taken him 20mins of driving to use all that fuel

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
18th Dec 06 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm quite sure they lied to you, I just think that perhaps the guy felt you would like better being told that your car was currently getting their full attention rather than telling you the truth about it being out to buy the chips and hooked up to the machine for 2 minutes, each costing you 25 pence per second.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that was probably about right ian
Dazzer1987

18th Dec 06 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a no am proberly gona get slated for this but
it can take up to an hour and half, all the diag machine does is give you a fault code, then the technicain looks on the computer and gives a List of possible faults that could be wrong with the car. it could of taken all day if they wanted to!
Steve
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dazzer1987
it can take up to an hour and half, all the diag machine does is give you a fault code, then the technicain looks on the computer and gives a List of possible faults that could be wrong with the car. it could of taken all day if they wanted to!

yes? and ? what youve described takes about 20 mins, looking up the fault code and what it means on the new computer takes seconds
have you not just read what rob said, he takes his there and they do it in 5 minutes.

Besides there were no fault codes on mine so no excuses for looking anything up

Rob B

18th Dec 06 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dazzer1987

yes? and ? what youve described takes about 20 mins, looking up the fault code and what it means on the new computer takes seconds
have you not just read what rob said, he takes his there and they do it in 5 minutes.

Besides there were no fault codes on mine so no excuses for looking anything up

Yes and that is a porper pug dealer with the proper diog equipment, doesnt even take that tbh, wack the passenger window down, take the cover off, plug it in, connect to ecu, read codes, read sensor paremeters if you wish,.... takes no time at all...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Peugeot W*nking F*CKS 22 database queries in 0.1019559 seconds