corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 4 moths later and I want a new car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 4 moths later and I want a new car
blebo

User status: Offline
   14th Dec 06 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As you may be aware I bought a brand new Fiat Punto grande 4 months ago.

I bought the 1.4 Active Sport and now I want rid of it.

I want to upgrade to the 1.9 Sporting but i think I will have about £1000 negative equity.

I need other peoples thoughts on this, should I stay or swap, take the money or open the box!!!

Really like the styling of the punto but want something faster and more fun. The 1.9 is 130 bhp with sports suspension. Test drove it yesterdaya nd was much more fun to drive than the active sport which is 70bhp and has jelly for suspension

[Edited on 14-12-2006 by blebo]
Wrighty

14th Dec 06 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only live once mate...
deano87

14th Dec 06 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, your car would have depreciated a lot since you bought it, you'd have to wait a couple of years for it to even out to be honest.

How is your no claims? How old are you? If you have 0 no claims and are quite young, it may be worth keeping the 1.4 for a year, giving you time to save up the £1k AND get some discount on your insurance. Then you might be able to get some kind of ex-demo with all the bits, 6 months old dirt cheap!
blebo

14th Dec 06 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
To be honest, your car would have depreciated a lot since you bought it, you'd have to wait a couple of years for it to even out to be honest.

How is your no claims? How old are you? If you have 0 no claims and are quite young, it may be worth keeping the 1.4 for a year, giving you time to save up the £1k AND get some discount on your insurance. Then you might be able to get some kind of ex-demo with all the bits, 6 months old dirt cheap!

26 yrs ols, full no claims, insurance is just pennies....money per month isnt the problem its just the fact that I am going to lose £1K but like Wrighty said "You only live once" and I love driving so I want a better car the Active Sport is so uninspiring a drive, gutless and soft.

The dilemma is do I take the £1K hit, Which I cant afford - might need to have a car boot sale etc - or just grin and bear it for two - long and boring - years
Robin
Premium Member

14th Dec 06 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 1.9 is more economical than the 1.4 though yes? so it wouldn't really be costing you a grand, as such.
blebo

14th Dec 06 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
the 1.9 is more economical than the 1.4 though yes? so it wouldn't really be costing you a grand, as such.

Works out about the same....more economical but a bigger engine.

Extra BHP for same fuel costs
mwg

14th Dec 06 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck it go for it. You cant take it with you
blebo

14th Dec 06 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just checked insurance £30 a year more.

List price for new motor is £12400.

Arnold Clark is doing it for £10995

What is the current value of my motor....... 1.4 Active sport Punto 4K miles on clock

Cost £8400 new 3 months ago.
mwg

14th Dec 06 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try this lot for buying a new carbuyacar

Had a quick look on AT and the dealers are selling similar cars to yours for 7.5k

So 6.5k trade in? 7k private? Something like that?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 4 moths later and I want a new car 22 database queries in 0.0138590 seconds