corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My S2 Rallye Engine built

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My S2 Rallye Engine built
Anton2K3

User status: Offline
9th Dec 06 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, thought i might aswell start this progress thread as I have most of the bits now. Few more things to get, then doing the conversion over christmas.

As my car currently stands:

Spec:

S1 inlet manifold
4-2-1 exhaust manifold
Megasquirt 'n' spark standalone ECU
Innovative LC-1 wide band Lamda sensor

The proposed spec:

QEP ported, polished, gas flowed head with re-shaped combustion chambers
CAT cam (280)
GSXR 1000 cc throttle bodies
2 Sets of injectors
Luminition leads
Super 4 spark plugs
Home fabricated manifold

Jobs on the way:

Heat wrap manifold
Tidy up wiring
Renew cambelt
New steel head gasket etc.
Possible Relocate battery

So here are the parts collected so far:

Parts still to get:

Cambelt kit
Head gasket
Flanges (being cut as i type)
Misc gaskets

So thats the plan, work to start around the 21st/22nd december when I get home, hope to have if finished by the 26th/27th.

Any questions, shoot away!

Ta

Anton
Warren G

9th Dec 06 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good, have to let me no how you get on with megasquirt

i will be using it on my 1.6 with throttle bodies, was gonna use gsxr ones like you (but off a 600) and fix it to a manifold, but bought the dbilas throttle bodies instead!
Anton2K3

9th Dec 06 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea looked into proper tb's but decided i'd like the challenge of bike ones, and I want to run 2 sets of injectors....oh yea, and above all, was waaaay cheaper!!
Robin
Premium Member

9th Dec 06 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8 injectors on a 1.6? overkill?
Anton2K3

9th Dec 06 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really for the spec. second set will kick in after xxxrpm. 8 injectors, on a standard 1.6 = overkill.
Robin
Premium Member

9th Dec 06 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

megasquirt only allows batch firing though, 2 batches, so you'll end up firing 2 sets of 4 at the same time.

unless I've been mis-informed about megasquirt?

also, look at brosters spec, and andy h, or 90% of the 2 litre owners on here or turbo owners on passionford, they all use 4 injectors, unless they want 450+bhp.

It might work, but I think for the mapping purposes, and ease of maintainence, 4 injectors will be better, as you can control their duration anyway, making them give more fuel at xxxrpm.
Anton2K3

9th Dec 06 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, on the rallye, thats how the injectors work. So works out really well for me.
I know they only use 4 inkectors, but more often than not, they change them for higher capacity injectors, I'm not, i'm keeping origional S2 ones, and utilising the GSXR ones. The injectors on my car were chosen, to run a 1.6 8v, with standard everything. They wont have a high enough flow rate for the spec i'm going to run.
Robin
Premium Member

9th Dec 06 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aah, I see.

makes sense I suppose then, I thought you were gonna buy 8 bigger injectors

good luck anyway, should be interesting
Anton2K3

9th Dec 06 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate. Nah, i'm trying to do it as cheap as possible....having said that, its cost a small fortune thus far!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My S2 Rallye Engine built 23 database queries in 0.0140979 seconds