corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » SONY PSP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SONY PSP
CorsaLad

User status: Offline
9th Dec 06 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a quickie...

can you go on the internet wirelessley with a psp to play online games?

Thanking you!
_Allan_

9th Dec 06 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes thats how you go online. Through a router etc.. make sure it's set up securely etc..

[Edited on 09-12-2006 by _Allan_]
CorsaLad

9th Dec 06 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so it has the capability of internet access as that of a ds lite?

I bought a ds lite and i'm not particularly impressed with in. Thinking of flogging it for a psp.
_Allan_

9th Dec 06 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you can browse the net but as with any handheld/mobile it's a pain due to the screen size etc...

CorsaLad

9th Dec 06 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm more interested in wireless internet gameplay as opposed to browsing. do many psp games e.g. pro evo have this facilitiy?

What would you opt for a psp or ds?
AndyKent

9th Dec 06 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not used mine for online games but browsing the net is quality - very good browser on it......still thinking of selling mine for a 360 tho
jay kay

11th Dec 06 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PSP does have wireless play but the game has to be Infrastructure the games most games are ad hoc as with the ds there has to be sumone else with the same console nearby.

The ds has a function of game sharing where the person doesnt have to have the game as with the PSP

The majority are Ad-hoc Pro evo definitley is adhoc have played 4 player adhoc tekken is also adhoc nfs carbon is infrastructure.

There is a way to get psp to play adhoc games through infrastructure and this is to use Wifi max wich acts as another psp but connects through to the net using a program called KAI.

Personally the browser aint all that on the psp i thought due to the text input being like a fone.

Downgraded PSP's are the way forward i have 80 games for mine and its brilliant on motorways. have played tekken against people in another car (must be travelling at constant speed for this ) and four player micromachines v4 unbeatable!!!
jamesw

11th Dec 06 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on another note, users with ver 2.71 or earlier can now play *cough cough* backed up games from mem stick

[Edited on 11-12-2006 by jamesw]
jamesw

11th Dec 06 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless you have a certian version of motherboard, thought I best mention that before someone goes and brick's theres
ssj_kakarot

11th Dec 06 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

er the ds has true online play there doesnt have to be some one else with a console nearby, if your connected to a router you can play users all over the world ect, abd very simple to use it.
CorsaLad

11th Dec 06 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have noticed with psp's that there seem to be lots of different software versions and uk vs jap consoles.

What are the main differences?
jamesw

11th Dec 06 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure about uk vs jap, but if you can get one that runs version 2.71 or lower, and also doesnt have a newer motherboard (see here how to check http://img421.imageshack.us/img421/6581/ta082check1eh0.jpg) then your laughing, can run copied games without downgrading, or you can do the real job and flash it with customer firmware.
jay kay

11th Dec 06 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought that downgrade was essentially flashing the psp as mine is jus like a 1.5 and only with the software cvan you emulate the 2.71 to play the games. Downgrading is essential flashing the psp back to 1.5 so that the software that emulates can run
and the maint difference between uk and jap is the screen it is widely regarded that jap psps have better screens made by SHARP and the Uk screens are not upto the same standard everything else is essentially the same

[Edited on 11-12-2006 by jay kay]
CorsaLad

11th Dec 06 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the reply jay kay

one question...what is flashing?
jay kay

11th Dec 06 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flashing is where you reset the internal operating system of the psp to change its OS or system. like taking it from 2.71 back to 1.5 its still the same psp just has been flashed so its OS is now 1.5
CorsaLad

11th Dec 06 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so with that in mind, what's the best psp to look out for?
jay kay

11th Dec 06 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depending on your colour preference Black or white.

Go for a uk spec psp as its easier to get shops to luk at it if something goes tits up or warranty.

Then version 1.5 to play your home brewed games

however it is possible to go out and get a normal psp from a shop and to downgrade there are speical codes on the boxes indicate what version is on the psp will get back to you on this .

[Edited on 11-12-2006 by jay kay]
jamesw

11th Dec 06 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont have to downgrade, 2.71 has a bug in it, using an exploited tiff image will allow you to lanch devhook, which in turn will allow you to run images from the mem card. If you do the job properly there is customer firmware out there, im running 2.71se-c at the moment, which combines 2.71 but also uses the 1.5 kernal so you can run 1.5 homebrew straight from the game menu but keep all functionality of 2.71

[Edited on 11-12-2006 by jamesw]

New Poll