corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » newb in need of help :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author newb in need of help :(
Delboy75

User status: Offline
4th Dec 06 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right then, im hoping someone on here can help me before iget shafted by my local garage.
Im not mechanicaly minded so i appologise now if i sound completely dumb.

My Mrs has a 1.2 16v corsa club, its a 2000 x reg (old shape)

Just lately the imobiliser light randomly comes on, and she says the car seems to rev itself (not been in the car myslef when its done this). However she says that if she revs it quite hard the light goes out????

Also the washer motor seems to of packed up (at the same time as the fault above) The wipers work but the washer motor doesn't make a sound.

She's had the car from new and as it's a 2nd car she has only covered 29000 miles, before now she's had no probs what so ever.

Could all this be connected?
Also where is the washer motor located?

thanks in advance
Del
Joe

4th Dec 06 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Washer motor is in the side of the washer bottle under the scuttle panel, straight forward job to change.

For the engine problem if the management light has come on then there will be a code stored on the ECU, I suggest you take it to a garage with a a code reader and find out what it is at fault. Unfortunatly the engine you have has numerous sensors for different things and they can be quite tempremental when they want to be.

Also I highly doubt the washer problem and engine problem are connected.
Delboy75

4th Dec 06 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
Washer motor is in the side of the washer bottle under the scuttle panel, straight forward job to change.

For the engine problem if the management light has come on then there will be a code stored on the ECU, I suggest you take it to a garage with a a code reader and find out what it is at fault. Unfortunatly the engine you have has numerous sensors for different things and they can be quite tempremental when they want to be.

Also I highly doubt the washer problem and engine problem are connected.

Thanks for the quick reply
I didn't think they would be connected but it was a bit puzzling how both problems occured at roughly the same time.

I'll have a look at replacing the washer motor this weekend, is there anywhere online you would recommend buying one from or would a used one off ebay/scappy be ok.
Also im completely useless with a spanner so when you say 'easy job' is it for a complete beginer .

Im guessing the local vauxhall garage where she purchased the car would have a code reader so i'll have to nip it in to them, or would they be the most expensive?
Sorry for all the Q's
The help is much appreciated.
Joe

4th Dec 06 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Errrm you could get one from a scrappy or something, but you could get a new one from a motor factor for about £10-15 I should expect. It litterally just pulls straight out of the bottle and then pull the pipes off. Very straight forward, would be worth just checking the fuse for the motor first though.

Another thing worth a try get someone to hold the washers on and just tap the motor gently with a hammer or screwdriver, the motor may have just seized a little.

Yeah Vauxhall will have the equipment but will be expensive, have a ring around your local independant garages see if they have the correct equipment.

[Edited on 04-12-2006 by joe6886]
deano87

4th Dec 06 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall will most probably be the most expensive - someone mentioned to me that only Vauxhall can read the fault codes which is bizarre as the garage I go to (not Vauxhall) has fault reading machines. Ask your local garage/who you normally use first!

As for changing the washer motor, I have no idea. Can't see that you'd cause major problems if you attempted to remove it.
Delboy75

16th Dec 06 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wanted to say thanks to those that helped.
Sorted the car myself thanks to the good advice given.

The imobiliser light problem was solved by removing the fuses and putting them back in?? one must of been loose as its 2 weeks now without it coming on.

And the washer motor worked sound once i'd given it a whack!!

Cheers Guys

New Poll