corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Ghosting on my LCD via PVR

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ghosting on my LCD via PVR
jamesw

User status: Offline
25th Nov 06 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, strange problem - when watching my matsui digital pvr there is ghosting in the background of whatever chanel the tv's analog tuner is on. This only happens on the PVR, image is perfect and ghost free on my dvd player, and my ps2. I know a few people have mentioned its probably a crap scart cable, however ive also tried using a scart adaptor in the pvr to convert over to composite - and this gives the same problem, although not as bad. Could it still simply mean all i need is an individually screen'd scart cable? Id test the one thats hooked up to dvd, but with the way everything is installed it would be a major opteration to try this. Goes even worse if i unplug the TV's analog source, as i then get all the feedback ghosted instead, bare in mine the analog feed for the TV is also coming from the PVR as a pass through.

Cheers
John

25th Nov 06 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sure its not coming from the pvr?
jamesw

25th Nov 06 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted now, nope if im on say itv2 on the pvr, and the analog tuner is on chan 1, it will be chan1 image ghosted in the background, swapped over to scart and was really bad but was crappy scart and not sheilded, so just cut the wire for the tv output in the scart socket and has sorted it till i get some decent sheilded scart cables

New Poll