corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Investments help/advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Investments help/advice
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Nov 06 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to change my savings account now I've turned 23 and have a few options open to me
1) Mini Cash Isa 4.67% interest
2) FTSE 100 tracking ISA 3 or 5 year bonded; capital safe investment but no withdrawals. £3000 minimum investment with the current ftse figures would return £1100 over 5 years
3) normal savings account but only offered 1.15% interest

I'm stuck between 1 and 2. Anyone clued up particularly about savings/investments on here?
a_j_mair

16th Nov 06 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have an isa prbably the same as first, dont think it is a great investment just a good way of saving. i put £50 in it a week, will top up small amount at end of year to make it 3K
RichR
Premium Member

16th Nov 06 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a bit in an account doing nothing and waiting for me to buy a house.

I don't know wether to do both of them; and use the mini cash ISA as a main savings account but use the bonded account to pay off a hunk of mortgage in one go when it matures. or is it better to pay off a bigger chunk right at the start to reduce the mortgage you require?

[Edited on 16-11-2006 by LiVe LeE]
a_j_mair

16th Nov 06 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mum and dad always tell me to borrow as little as possibile so id use it as a deposit so mortgage is smaller, means you arent paying very high interest when you have money there that could pay it off

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Investments help/advice 22 database queries in 0.0097110 seconds