corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » project derv 306 shed.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author project derv 306 shed.
Carl

User status: Offline
9th Nov 06 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started this time last year, couldn't handle driving a 1.2 8v anymore and a relative got this as a bargain, took it off him as it was so much better to drive and spot on for my needs, Commuting to Huddersfield and Sheffield alot.
also found that it had a few optional extras that are very rare for an old 306 such as passenger airbag and ABS so that was a bonus.
Done on a tight budget with help from an enthusiastic friend.
Got it like this;

it was a tip inside so had it valeted, got my cd player hooked up ( had to basically destroy the existing one as the cage was screwed)

First thing was to get rid of the woeful venoms, got some xsi wheels to replace them, (the xsi have lower than normal profile on as they were on a 106 previous so look small.

then de-wipered the back window and started to debadge but was unsure,

I then picked up some front springs cheep, and as my mate was lowering it for me he decided that his old front end would look good and said i could have it, wasn't sure at first as it was a different colour, So that day i finished off with a half lowered car, with toatlly different colour phase 2 bumper with a laguna splitter,

I got the back torsion bar lowered for 50 quid, spot on, and we sprayed the bumper ourselves and colour coded a few bits, (did the splitter black later on) The wing mirrors and front bumper need doing again now after not doing them right the first time, thats on the to do list!

Then came a little dturbo spoiler for the back and lights off a phase 2 (used a lexus light loom to fit) and a little dturbo badge off a 206.

fitted a boost guage and had a stage 1 tune,

hammerited the drums and calipers,

Then my exhaust dropped off so decided to see my bro's neighbour Pete@exhaustsuk and he sorted me out with a backbox.

My wheels needed refurbing so decided to do them white,

Did a bodge job over the tyre weights and stuff so only did two as i dropped on a tyreless set for cheap which i am currently doing, hopefully a bit better than last time,

so at the moment i have 2 white on one side 2 silver on the other.

I then dropped on a set of half leathers for 120 quid so thought why not,

got the old door cards in but currently in the process of dying them darker.

I then got my plate, more ready for the future when hopefully i have a nicer car,

back (without the yellow cap on the stick of the G.)
Front,

To do list;
in rpogress = finish off 4 white wheels and get tyres etc,
finish dying door cards
repaint front bumper and wing mirror covers, also fit fog inserts (for this i think i'm going to get a new front bumper so can take my time on it, has a have little skill and a small work area, and can't afford to have no front on my car.

After that i'll probably just leave it, only got to last another year while at uni, then hopefully i'll be able afford a nice motor.
abdus

9th Nov 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=67

looking good
SteveW

9th Nov 06 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have those seats in my 306

its a 1.4 powerhouse
Carl

9th Nov 06 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i meant to post in! can admin move it please.

Reedy

9th Nov 06 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks cool, did you spray the bump strips yourself? How did you do it? with them on the car or did you take them off?
Carl

9th Nov 06 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Reedy
looks cool, did you spray the bump strips yourself? How did you do it? with them on the car or did you take them off?

yeah, on the car, but never got around to lacquaring them, hence they need doing again.(got loads of cheery red stone chips emerging etc) I want to get a spare bumper then i can spray it off the car and do a better job.
only problem is my dad's motorbike is in the garage and he goes mad when its covered in overspray.
Reedy

9th Nov 06 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:

yeah, on the car, but never got around to lacquaring them, hence they need doing again.(got loads of cheery red stone chips emerging etc) I want to get a spare bumper then i can spray it off the car and do a better job.
only problem is my dad's motorbike is in the garage and he goes mad when its covered in overspray.

rofl sounds like my garage with my brother

I was considering doing my strips, no point in taking them off so was thinking of taping it up and doing it on the car.
Carl

9th Nov 06 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I was considering doing my strips, no point in taking them off so was thinking of taping it up and doing it on the car.

do they not just pop off? or are they glued on on the 106?
Reedy

9th Nov 06 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

do they not just pop off? or are they glued on on the 106?

The pop off with the butterfly clip things. But you have to have the door car off and also its really hard to get your hand into the door to release them
All Torque

9th Nov 06 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big Bore exhaust pointing straight out and not down like it should on a diesel car = SmokeScreen
pamelaf5

9th Nov 06 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a standard d turbo back box if ur interested.
Carl

9th Nov 06 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque

Big Bore exhaust pointing straight out and not down like it should on a diesel car = SmokeScreen

plus upped fueling (a little too much :lol and your even more right. One of the best bits though, i have no problems from tailgaters anymore, pop it in 5th at 30 mph and they soon back off.
All Torque

9th Nov 06 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh my god

Pass an MOT?
Carl

9th Nov 06 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
Oh my god

Pass an MOT?

Just, my MOT tester wasn't too happy though as it smoked the garage out!
Doesn't smoke all the time, just before boost when booting it, and at really low revs in high gears times you shouldn't be in that gear kind of thing.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » project derv 306 shed. 23 database queries in 0.0121751 seconds